• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
Mega Empoleon would be a wish of mine. Slim it down a bit like Charizard Y, a bit more bad ass and let it rock.

Mega Spinda would be a nice catch, love that little guy. Make it a bit bigger, extend it's arms, ears and legs.

But Mega Slaking is the thing I look really forward to. It must happen!!! ;-)

Out of left field, Mega SABLEYE has just been revealed!

[video=youtube;GhBSCthYTLE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhBSCthYTLE[/video]

It now comes complete with a big red rupee to cower behind.

I think we all saw Mega Sableye coming. Still great to see it though! Love that it's holding a giant gem like a shield.

Called it! I knew they wouldn't give Omega Ruby one more Mega than Alpha Sapphire~

I am sooooooo gonna use it sometime. Unless it sucks.

lolwut dafuq kind of promotion Pokémon is doing?! (EDIT: NVM, this was apparently revealed during a certain E3 event, I thought they were just releasing this for the hell of it.)

Anyway, I like Mega Sableye's simple design, but it may be a little too simple. Dat big gem doe! Does this mean it will have high defense(s)? I hope it gets a significant attack boost as well...

I bet we still have a Sapphire Sableye Mega, mark my words.

Considering Mewtwo Y and Charizard Y were revealed before their other version was, it seems likely there's "Alpha Mega Sableye".

I bet we still have a Sapphire Sableye Mega, mark my words.

Considering Mewtwo Y and Charizard Y were revealed before their other version was, it seems likely there's "Alpha Mega Sableye".

Unless they remove Mawile and Sableye's version-exclusivity, I can't see that happening.

I'm hoping for a huge defensive buff. And Prankster. Or something that works well with its movepool. I dunno.

If it has Prankster in its Mega Form it's going to be the most annoying thing to take down. Watch GF give him 50 points to Defense and 50 to Special Defense and Prankster.

Mega Sableye is very cute peering around that Legend of Zelda rupee gem. The way the gem grows out of its chest is incredibly creepy because it floats up in the air like it's being possessed. The flavour text (and its appearance) definitely hint it will become more defensive - the ability will make it or break it to be honest. Without Prankster Sableye isn't good - and we only have to look at Mega Mawile to see that it needed Huge Power to become as good as it is due to how low Mawile's stats are. Very interesting design though, I don't think anyone expected that (most predictions I saw were adding a million spikes and making it slightly taller). Excited to see what other Megas we have in store after this one and Mega Sceptile's tree-tail-rocket.

I freaking love Mega Sableye. It is the exact kind of Mega Evolution I enjoy. A design that is very simple, but effective.

Mega Sableye's defenses better reach the 100-110 range. Its speed should be lowered to 30 because Mega Sableye can't maneuver that large jewel.

Curious how an originally Sapphire-exclusive 'mon got a giant Ruby. If it needs something to take care of its low stats though like Mawile got Huge Power, Stance Change (if it gets it) could help a lot although it's more shifting stats about.

e: Maybe the Sableyeite (or whatever) is exclusive to Ruby? If so, then I wonder what a Sapphire counterpart would be.

So, Sableye's been given one hell of a fancy surf board eh?

Sableye is one of the few Mega Evolutions to have viable recovery. There is no doubt in my mind that Mega Sableye will get slower after it Mega Evolves, so Prankster priority is a must to get that Recover in.

With Will-o-Wisp to cripple physical attackers and a very likely 20-30+ boost to its Defense, Mega Sableye will be a very potent physical wall. Sableye isn't as strong on the special side, so receiving a 20+ boost to its Special Defense is encouraged.

If Mega Sableye doesn't have that priority, I have no idea if it can be used competitively.

It would be nice if they just give him around 90 in both defense and special defense and an ability that either half damage or double both defenses.

Mega Sceptile tail makes sense, gecko can break and regrow their tails.

In all honesty, I'm not that impressed with the design. It barely changes at all and I just think it's weird that it summons some giant jewel out of nowhere to hide behind. It's still cute though, especially with those big red gem eyes.

In all honesty, I'm not that impressed with the design. It barely changes at all and I just think it's weird that it summons some giant jewel out of nowhere to hide behind. It's still cute though, especially with those big red gem eyes.

He probably didn't change his look because he was already goddamn perfect. MegaSableye is beyond the impossible perfect design (please have Prankster or better).

Edit: That gem shield looks like a wonderful guard.

250px-302Sableye.png

People who are confused about the gem - it pulls the stone from its chest (in some weird-looking possession-like exorcising a demon animation).

The stone is present in Sableye's design (as you can see in its artwork) and then not present in Mega Sableye's design once it creates it and calls it forward. You see the gem grows outwards like a spike during the animation, then it pops out completely. So there won't be a Mega Sableye with a sapphire imo.

Also the rupee is a little too big imo, they could have made it slightly smaller. I do love it though. I like how it peers around it mischievously and also climbs on it to attack. I imagine it'll be pretty protective of the stone too, since Sableye love their gems. Pretty cool Mega. I just hope its ability makes it useful.

Eh, I don't care for it. The design itself is kinda neat, but having it hide away behind a gem really detracts from it. I'd have preferred if the gem was smaller, maybe be a shield attacked to one of its arms. But it's definitely better than no mega for Sableye, so I'm pleased.

Back
Top Bottom