• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
The Megas I want to see

Raichu (It's popular enough and needs a major stat boost)
Dragonite
Yanmega (We need a Bug/Dragon combo)
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
All 3 Legendary Birds (Especially Articuno and Moltres)
Pidgeot

anyhow, I have noticed something. Game Freak stated that no new Pokemon introduce in Gen 6 will get a Mega Form, however they revealed Mega Diancie. Dose this mean we will see Kalos Pokemon getting megas in the near future

Game Freak stated that no new Pokemon introduce in Gen 6 will get a Mega Form, however they revealed Mega Diancie. Dose this mean we will see Kalos Pokemon getting megas in the near future

They said no Gen 6 Pokemon would get Megas in X and Y. Mega Diancie will be obtainable through ORAS. So of course other Kalos Pokemon will get them at some point.

Since they're giving Diancie a mega would it kill them to at least give one gen 5 pokemon a mega evolution? Golurk would be a good candidate.

I want to see a Mega Lapras..I think it's just fair to have one since Lapras' stats are not so good.
I agree, although Lapras have decent stats, highest among all single stage non legendaries and such. I don't see it getting an evo with 535BST, but a mega would be nice.

I'm definitely thinking Seviper and Zangoose will be getting megas. I don't know about Zangoose but I'd love to see a Mega Seviper. I definitely think it would stay much more on the defensive side since that seems what Game Freak was going for with it. I also think it would most likely gain the Dark typing as that just fits it. A lot of people think it would be Poison/Dragon but I can not see that happening.

Mega Seviper
Poison/Dark
Multiscale
HP: 73
Attack: 100
Defense: 60->100 (+40)
Special Attack: 100->120 (+20)
Special Defense: 60->100 (+40)
Speed: 65

I'm definitely thinking Seviper and Zangoose will be getting megas. I don't know about Zangoose but I'd love to see a Mega Seviper. I definitely think it would stay much more on the defensive side since that seems what Game Freak was going for with it. I also think it would most likely gain the Dark typing as that just fits it. A lot of people think it would be Poison/Dragon but I can not see that happening.

Mega Seviper
Poison/Dark
Multiscale

Considering their rivalry, it would only be fair if they both got Mega Evolutions. Also, I think Seviper should get a signature ability like Zangoose has, not sure what kind of ability would fit it, though.

Mega Seviper
Poison/Dark
Multiscale

Considering their rivalry, it would only be fair if they both got Mega Evolutions. Also, I think Seviper should get a signature ability like Zangoose has, not sure what kind of ability would fit it, though.

I know they will. I just don't what on earth Mega Zangoose could be. I doubt Toxic Boost would be kept as Mega Evolutions can't hold items. Same reason why I don't a Mega Ursaring would have guts. Toxic Boost is so situational without a Toxic Orb.

I definitely think it would stay much more on the defensive side since that seems what Game Freak was going for with it.

This entire sentence confuses me so much; Seviper's lowest stats are its Def and Sp.Def, while its highest are its Atk and Sp.Atk. How was Game Freak going for a defensive Pokemon? They made it slow and pretty frail with good attacking stats.

I'm hoping that the Johto starters get a Mega as well, ala Kanto starters in X and Y.

Slim chance I suppose, but you never know. I know you were able to get them in Emerald, so I'd imagine it would depend on what all they incorporate from Gen 3.

I soooo want Mega Feraligatr.

Grassy/Fairy Mega Meganium would be pretty cool IMO.

When fairy type was first announced I had hoped for a Grass/Fairy retype of Meganium. It didn't happen obviously, but the mega is a perfect time to fix that! If Mega Nium got an ability that functioned as a Light Clay, it would actually be really good

When fairy type was first announced I had hoped for a Grass/Fairy retype of Meganium. It didn't happen obviously, but the mega is a perfect time to fix that! If Mega Nium got an ability that functioned as a Light Clay, it would actually be really good

That sounds like a pretty cool idea! In fact, what you just said gave me an idea. What if some of the Mega Evolutions had abilities that functioned like certain held items? After all, it's not like Megas get to use said items due to their respective Mega Stones.

That sounds like a pretty cool idea! In fact, what you just said gave me an idea. What if some of the Mega Evolutions had abilities that functioned like certain held items? After all, it's not like Megas get to use said items due to their respective Mega Stones.

Yes, that would go a long way toward helping them succeed. I remember people debating over whether regular Blaziken would be better than Mega Blaziken because it could hold a Life Orb. Losing power like that shouldn't have to be something you need to worry about.

Still hoping for some gen 5 Pokemon and a mega Flygon and Milotic oh and Salamence!
But would tough claws on Salamence be overkill? It could make up for its 4x weakness to Ice...
Not sure what Mega Milotic would be like stat wise but it could gain Fairy typing? Despite already having a OU Water/Fairy type.

Not sure what Mega Milotic would be like stat wise but it could gain Fairy typing? Despite already having a OU Water/Fairy type.

I was talking to someone about Mega Milotic just the other day. I'd like to see it become Water/Fairy (I wanted Milotic to be part Fairy since before XY's release), and given Moonblast. Between Scald and Moonblast it could deal with both physical and special attackers (Scald's burn and Moonblast's 30% chance of a Sp.Atk drop)> With access to Recover it could keep itself healthy with a reliable method, something which few Megas have, and if it were to keep Marvel Scale then trying to status it would only make it harder to kill (Multiscale and Regenerator would be two others I could see but Marvel Scale isn't a bad ability to keep on something very defensive).

Since Milotic's stats are the same as Gyarados', just switched around, I imagine Mega Milo will have the same boosts as Mega Gyara but allocated to how Milo has switched them. So it would be: 95 HP / 70 Atk (+10) / 109 Def (+30) / 130 Sp.Atk (+30) / 155 Sp.Def (+30) / 81 Speed. Water/Fairy + 95 HP/109 Def/155 Sp.Def + Scald, Recover and Moonblast would make Mega Milotic a very good defensive Mega, something that we don't really have barring maybe Mega Venusaur, as the majority of Megas are very offense-oriented. (Aggron is very defensive, yeah, but it has no way to heal itself barring Rest, so it can be worn down very easily.)

To sum up my idea: Good defensive typing in Water/Fairy, Scald burns for physical attackers, Moonblast to potentially help against special attackers, Recover to keep itself healthy and Marvel Scale to make the opponent double think using status moves as it will only increase its bulk.

Unlikely to happen, I know, but this is how I would make it. It would make Milotic a very relevant threat again, as well as back to the level of annoyance it had during Gen III too.

Last edited:
Let's go the lazy route and give Mega's to pokemon already owned by boss characters, and see how it turns out.

Well there's already mega Absol for sidney.

Although Phoebe's strongest may be Dusclops, but Sableye is her only non duplicate, so it is worthy of a usurp.

Mega Walrein for Glacia then.

Drake gets Mega Salamence.

And Mega Metagross was confirmed.

Mmmm Mega Sharpedo and Camerupt for the leaders.

Soo gym leaders be weird for mid gen game to not expand the amount of Gym leader megas. Norman is your dad so that's a good "shit gets real moment" and it would be weird to fight two megas unless that's all your fighting.

But will we get megas in the first run? After all their was no main campaign almost no main campaign team changes. However since these are new forms not new pokemon I think it's fair so the list winds up being
Mega Swarmpert
Mega Sceptile
Mega Slaking
Mega Altaria
Mega Milotic
Mega Sharpedo
Mega Camerupt
Mega Sableye
Mega Walrein
Mega Salamence
Mega Metagross

The problem with going this route seems to be a large amount of water type and all gen three mon.

@Zeb;
What about Serene Grace? That would compliment its abilities if it were to get Moon Blast on top of Scald, strategically weakening offensive threats from both ends of the spectrum.

Mega Milotic's a possibility. It was introduced in gen 3, and is often forgotten. though, I wouldn't want that. I just found a shiny Milotic, and I think It's perfect the way it is :(

Back
Top Bottom