• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
Yeah. I was saying earlier in the thread how +100 to a lot of "fully evolved" Pokemon gives them a lower BST than Pseudo-legendary Pokemon. Such Mega.

This might be rather random, but I really hope for a Mega Evolution for Jirachi. The Perseid meteor shower reminded of that. It would be the first of the New-Mews/BST 600 legends to get a Mega Evolution, and a Steel/Fairy typing could give it a new niche (and the Steel type and Paralysis nerfs really hurt its viability in Gen VI). Altaria gained a new secondary typing upon Mega Evolving, so I don't see why Jirachi couldn't as well. And I think it should be pretty easy to see why Jirachi, the wish Pokemon, could qualify for a Fairy typing and get access to moves like Moonblast.

Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino are making me swoon~ I just can't wait for ORAS!!!

Also, Mega Slowbro looks so sad and confused (more like Mega Shellder) and Mega Audino has graduated to full time doctor. Shell Armor for Mega Slowbro looks practical given its appearance and flavor text. However I'm surprised Mega Audino didn't get an exclusive enhanced healing ability, like something that either heals its teammates by a certain percentage at the end of each turn or a full-time Safeguard. Oh well, one can hope.

Anyways, keep the Megas coming!

Mega Audino is flawless. However it makes me sad that it's just a mega. It could have been the evolution of Audino. Is cross-generation evolution a thing of the past now that we have Megas?

It's kind of sad seeing Pokemon that can't evolve or have potential be given Megas instead of proper evolutions.

There isn't enough talk here about how we should get a mega Stunfisk and Dunsparce as version exclusive stones.

For Mega Marowak, this is what I was thinking of:
Mega Marowak
Ground/Ghost
Parental Bond
Maroite

HP: 60
Attack: 80->130 (+50)
Defense: 110->120 (+10)
Special Attack: 50
Special Defense: 80->120 (+40)
Speed: 45

More Bulky set:
Attack: 80->110 (+30)
Defense: 110->130 (+20)
Special Defense: 80->130 (+50)

If it were to learn any new moves, I thought Shadow Sneak would be the one. It fits Marowak and it needs some form of priority. Unfortunately though with only 100 points to give, Marowak would still have trouble taking super effective hits. Even if it were gain more defense and Sp. Def like Mega K, it would still have trouble taking a lot of hits.

For Mega Marowak, this is what I was thinking of:
Mega Marowak
Ground/Ghost
Parental Bond
Maroite

Attack: 80->130 (+50)
Defense: 110->120 (+10)
Special Defense: 80->120 (+40)

More Bulky set:
Attack: 80->110 (+30)
Defense: 110->130 (+20)
Special Defense: 80->130 (+50)

If it were to learn any new moves, I thought Shadow Sneak would be the one. It fits Marowak and it needs some form of priority. Unfortunately though with only 100 points to give, Marowak would still have trouble taking super effective hits. Even if it were gain more defense and Sp. Def like Mega K, it would still have trouble taking a lot of hits.

I like the bulky set much more. It better represents the protective maternal instinct Marowak's mom would have.

Mega Audino is flawless. However it makes me sad that it's just a mega. It could have been the evolution of Audino. Is cross-generation evolution a thing of the past now that we have Megas?

It's kind of sad seeing Pokemon that can't evolve or have potential be given Megas instead of proper evolutions.

Sylveon being introduced suggests that they haven't forgotten about it at all. Just pushed it to the side after the controversy that Sinnoh brought along with its 30 cross-gen evo's.

Is cross-generation evolution a thing of the past now that we have Megas?

Well, we did get Sylveon.

Not that I am siding one way or the other whether or not cross-generational evolution is becoming a thing of the past, but Sylveon was the only one we got, and it was an evolution of Eevee, the one Pokemon that has the most cross-generational evolutions, and will probably continue this trend.

Is cross-generation evolution a thing of the past now that we have Megas?

Well, we did get Sylveon.

Not that I am siding one way or the other whether or not cross-generational evolution is becoming a thing of the past, but Sylveon was the only one we got, and it was an evolution of Eevee, the one Pokemon that has the most cross-generational evolutions, and will probably continue this trend.

Evee can not logically get a Mega, since it already has evos. But apart from Evee I guess that Megas will replace cross-gen evos. We could still get baby pokes such as Cleffa or Bonsly though. At least until GF makes Minis. Thats much smaller versions of already exsisting Pokes. They have -100 base stats instead of +100.

Evee can not logically get a Mega, since it already has evos.
I thought it was a stupid idea too but then I considered how Eevee is the "evolution" Pokemon and how its evolutions evolve in four different ways. I'm not one of those "each type should get an Eeveelution" people, but I'd like there to be an Eeveelution who evolves by trade (with an item) as well as one that evolves via Mega Evolution, to represent every form of evolution aside from mere leveling up. Since Eevee has such a terrible base stat total they could give it a larger boost, maybe like +200. There's technically an exception already, Mega Alakazam has +90 (I suspect it's an oversight).

But apart from Evee I guess that Megas will replace cross-gen evos.
Thank friggin' god

We could still get baby pokes such as Cleffa or Bonsly though. At least until GF makes Minis. Thats much smaller versions of already exsisting Pokes. They have -100 base stats instead of +100.
Would they be banned to Reverse Ubers for being too underpowered?

I thought it was a stupid idea too but then I considered how Eevee is the "evolution" Pokemon and how its evolutions evolve in four different ways. I'm not one of those "each type should get an Eeveelution" people, but I'd like there to be an Eeveelution who evolves by trade (with an item) as well as one that evolves via Mega Evolution, to represent every form of evolution aside from mere leveling up. Since Eevee has such a terrible base stat total they could give it a larger boost, maybe like +200. There's technically an exception already, Mega Alakazam has +90 (I suspect it's an oversight).

But apart from Evee I guess that Megas will replace cross-gen evos.
Thank friggin' god

We could still get baby pokes such as Cleffa or Bonsly though. At least until GF makes Minis. Thats much smaller versions of already exsisting Pokes. They have -100 base stats instead of +100.
Would they be banned to Reverse Ubers for being too underpowered?

You have a point there. But then they should maybe give it a lvl up evo too, evolving at like lvl 100 or something.

Only some would. Mini Giratina, Mini Arceus, Mini Kyogre or Mini Lugia for example, would not.

Here's what I think would be good for a Mega Stunfisk (Or bad, I'm not very good at this thing)
-Arena Trap (because it's a trap :D!)
109+20/66+10/84+30/81+20/99+30/32-10

Not sure if speed should be more lowered to add more special attack. Stunfisk should be able to learn new moves via a move tutor to make it actually scary >:D!

Going by the official site I think Audino & Slowbro are the last two MEs to be revealed before release. I like this very much. I was fearing that they would reveal MSharpedo & MCamerupt next but showing them would kill every possible Mega climax in the game, with MMetagross for Steven already revealed.

Seems like there is not much left for the next 3 months.

Going by the official site I think Audino & Slowbro are the last two MEs to be revealed before release. I like this very much. I was fearing that they would reveal MSharpedo & MCamerupt next but showing them would kill every possible Mega climax in the game, with MMetagross for Steven already revealed.

I really do agree, I'd like to find the stones in game and feel really excited. Of course I think there will be more for ORAS as I assume as to why the dex for Kalos was so small is because of all the mega Pokemon.

It seems pretty logical to have Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt because of Archie and Maxie (even though MCamerupt is pretty underwhelming). With that, do people think that there will be a mega for each member of the E4? I'm not even sure the E4 is staying the same with the info that was reported, but w.e.

It seems pretty logical to have Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt because of Archie and Maxie (even though MCamerupt is pretty underwhelming). With that, do people think that there will be a mega for each member of the E4? I'm not even sure the E4 is staying the same with the info that was reported, but w.e.
I did think that, if there is indeed a challenge mode or some kind of re-challenge change of the League then it is possible the elite 4 will all get megas.

So there's one Hoenn Pokemon that will probably get a Mega and no one has mentioned it yet. I am talking about Castform. The gimmicky Pokemon whose sole purpose was to show off Weather. In X/Y, you received a Lucario with a Mega Stone as part of the storyline and to me it seems like Castform will take its place in OR/AS. Castform is already a gift Pokemon and I'm guessing you'll be given its Mega Stone too. That or maybe once you come back to the Weather Institute during post game, you'll receive it. A few things I especially would love are it gaining the Fairy typing, Forecast allowing it to keep that secondary typing, and finally having a Sandstorm form.

Mega Castform
Normal/Fairy
HP: 70
Attack: 50 (-20)
Defense: 100 (+30)
Special Attack: 110 (+40)
Special Defense: 100 (+30)
Speed: 90 (+20)

Going by the official site I think Audino & Slowbro are the last two MEs to be revealed before release.

If you're talking about that table with two spots left they'll just keep expanding it with each month's news. The other month when Mega Diancie and the two Mega starters were revealed it only had three spaces left then, leading people to believe we'd only be getting three more Megas (guesses were Rayquaza and both Lati@s), and look where we are now with all the latest Megas. So they'll just add more rows to the table.

We're going to get at least one Mega each month until release, no doubt about it, since Megas have been one of their main ways of advertising and hyping these remakes so far. But after Lopunny, Slowbro and, to a lesser extent, Audino, I'm going to give up trying to predict what the rest of the Megas will be, since the latest choices were very unpredictable imo (barring Salamence and Altaria of course).

Going by the official site I think Audino & Slowbro are the last two MEs to be revealed before release.

If you're talking about that table with two spots left they'll just keep expanding it with each month's news. The other month when Mega Diancie and the two Mega starters were revealed it only had three spaces left then, leading people to believe we'd only be getting three more Megas (guesses were Rayquaza and both Lati@s), and look where we are now with all the latest Megas. So they'll just add more rows to the table.

We're going to get at least one Mega each month until release, no doubt about it, since Megas have been one of their main ways of advertising and hyping these remakes so far. But after Lopunny, Slowbro and, to a lesser extent, Audino, I'm going to give up trying to predict what the rest of the Megas will be, since the latest choices were very unpredictable imo (barring Salamence and Altaria of course).

Yes I do, since to my knowledge the grid wasn't expanded since the MSableye reveal and the empty slots were just filled in. But I may be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom