• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
Adaptability seems very fitting for Megallade.

It can't really abuse or use Super Luck and Justified is plain stupid (not to mention that anyone would rarely use a dark type move on it. Predicting switches is also all up to chance).

Mega Gallade: Really cool ^^ Will probably be a good sweeper :)
Mega Sharpedo: With protect and speed boost, and then mega evolve second turn. That's what I would use. Will probably be a good sweeper too :p
Mega Camerupt: I only think this one will be good in Trick Room teams honestly xD

MEGA GALLADE WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU'RE NAKED. Sure hope it gets Fairy/Fighting with Mega Blade (Mega Launcher but for slashing moves).

LOL! Didn't anyone notice he wears a cape now?

It can't really abuse or use Super Luck and Justified is plain stupid (not to mention that anyone would rarely use a dark type move on it. Predicting switches is also all up to chance).

How is Justified "plain stupid"? Do you know what would be "plain stupid"? Giving it Truant, giving it Slow Start. Justified isn't even remotely "stupid". And switching into a Dark move is not exactly as hard as you make it sound. I'm not saying it's the best choice, but stupid doesn't even cover it. Also not every Mega needs an overpowered ability like Adaptability.

I find Mega Camerupt's design absolutely hilarious. Rather like shellos with a volcano.

Mega Gallade's "cape" reminds me of Gardevoir's dress thing. Come on GF, Fairy/Fighting Mega Gallade, you know you want it.

It's gonna be Psychic tho ;__;

Mega Gallade's "cape" reminds me of Gardevoir's dress thing. Come on GF, Fairy/Fighting Mega Gallade, you know you want it.

Hmm...at this point, I'd say there's a 55% chance of Mega Gallade being Fairy/Fighting. Mega Medicham and Mega Mewtwo X are already Psychic/Fighting, and they seem to lean towards avoiding repeating type combinations among megas.

Hmm...at this point, I'd say there's a 55% chance of Mega Gallade being Fairy/Fighting. Mega Medicham and Mega Mewtwo X are already Psychic/Fighting, and they seem to lean towards avoiding repeating type combinations among megas.

I don't see Mewtwo and Medicham as reasons for a change on Gallade's type. Not like it's the most repeated combo -plenty of Bug/Flying and still they go for Mega Pinsir, to give an example. Among Megas we have Gyarados and Sharpedo, both Water/Dark.

If GF would mean to change Gallade's type, they would've made this on its regular form, not Mega form.

I've said this before but I really hope they don't change Megallade's type. :( The whole reason I liked the evolutionary line is because of the typing. That, and it having such an awesome evolution for such an awesome character, would be absolutely soul crushing. I don't think it's going to happen, since Ralts is Psychic and Gallade itself is Psychic/Fighting, so the whole theme for that line is very much psychic before fighting. But then there's M-Altaria, which shares no types in common with Swablu. :(

Earth Power, Bulldoze, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Rock Slide, Iron Head, Flash Cannon... Mainly Fire, Steel, Rock and Ground moves.

Still no new Electric, Poison, Bug, Rock & Ice Megas sadly. The only new type was Fire with Camerupt. Maybe next issue.

Huh, Mega Gallade's cape has a slight Bayonetta feel to it imo. Diggin' it.

I agree that we do need to see more Ice type Megas...we only have one (Abomasnow) so far.

If Gallade was going to get a type change, it'd be from Psychic/Fighting to Psychic/Fairy and he still looks like every bit the fighter, so he won't be re-typed. The only time a Pokémon's primary type has been changed is Azurill. The secondary is always the one to be replaced.

I don't know if this has be brought up (Or if I'm seeing things), but I like how Mega Camerupt has a team magma M on its forehead. Can't find the aqua A on Sharpedo, but it's probably just the angle. Still waiting for more Unova megas (The only one is Audino!!!)

If Gallade was going to get a type change, it'd be from Psychic/Fighting to Psychic/Fairy and he still looks like every bit the fighter, so he won't be re-typed. The only time a Pokémon's primary type has been changed is Azurill. The secondary is always the one to be replaced.

Onix and Swablu would like to have a word with you. (And Eevee to a certain extent, as well.)

Onix and Swablu would like to have a word with you. (And Eevee to a certain extent, as well.)

Eevee is a special case. And I have no argument for Swablu. But Onix was an obvious one I should've remembered. Whatever. It's rare.

Back
Top Bottom