• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
I'm a little disappointed that Mega Glalie isn't Ice/Dark. Dark always felt like Glalie's unofficial second type to me, probably because it learns so many Dark type moves and has sort of an intimidating design. Also, they should have focused on his physical attack and speed more than his special attack, since Glalie has a much better physical movepool, especially with Refrigerate, and if Glalie is going to keep up with the rest of the meta he's going to need to be a little faster.

If they were to give Glalie Freeze-Dry that Sp.Atk boost would be usable. As it is, Water-types are one of the main things that are going to want to tank its Ice booms, along with Steels (that resist it). So Freeze-Dry would help it take them on.

Glalie did always feel like it should be part Dark to me, too. But I guess they didn't agree with us fans on this one.

"Glalie has the ability to freely control ice. For example, it can instantly freeze its foe solid. After immobilizing its foe in ice, this Pokémon enjoys eating it in leisurely fashion." Glalie Ruby Pokedex entry.

Did GF based M-Glalie on this? The open mouth? Refrigerate? I'm just taking a guess. Probably a coincidence but if it is true, M-Glalie just got a lot more disturbing.

Well, considering it needs a trainer to even get to that form, I highly doubt Mega Glalie will be doing any of that unless his trainer is really evil.

Well, Refrigerate was announced and everyone is talking about using Explosion. Isn't that evil? :lol:

Meh. I was also hoping that Mega Glalie would be Ice/Dark, but the only benefit of it would be 2 new resistances, 1 immunity, and Dark-type STAB. Defensively it would gain a crippling 4x weakness to Fighitng and a weakness to Bug and Fairy. Well, I suppose the pros and cons are balanced, so maybe it would have helped it? I dunno.

Strong Jaw and an updated move-pool with the Fang moves is what I was personally hoping for. Ah well, I still love it.

Mega Glalie is giving Ghost-types a run for their money, when it comes to terrifying designs. That permanently 'unhinged' jaw is damn creepy.

Anyways, it is disappointing that they aren't patching XY... That + the removal of character customization... I don't even.

As much as it made sense to give Glalie a part Dark-, Rock-, or Ghost-typing, all of those would have hurt Mega Glalie defensively.

Ice/Rock makes it more likely to faint from Mach Punch and Bullet Punch. Ice/Dark makes it more likely to faint from Mach Punch. Ice/Ghost makes it more likely to faint from Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch.

Mega Glalie doesn't have the best speed stat, so it needs to survive long enough to use Explosion. That includes retaining its pure-typing so Mega Glalie isn't completely countered by common priority moves.

Why is Mega Latos and Latias the same color and style? :(

The pessimistic view: The designers were too lazy to create 2 unique models for them.

The rational view: They're expanding on the 'twin' theme of them by making them closer to identical twins.

Poll has now been renewed to include newly revealed Megas!

If they were to give Glalie Freeze-Dry that Sp.Atk boost would be usable. As it is, Water-types are one of the main things that are going to want to tank its Ice booms, along with Steels (that resist it). So Freeze-Dry would help it take them on.

Glalie did always feel like it should be part Dark to me, too. But I guess they didn't agree with us fans on this one.

They also apparently didn't agree with themselves.

Ruby said:
Glalie has a body made of rock, which it hardens with an armor of ice. This Pokémon has the ability to freeze moisture in the atmosphere into any shape it desires.

I'm definitely glad that they didn't give it a Rock/Ice typing, but if they've established that its body is made out of Rock... wouldn't it make sense for it to be ROCK-type?

I wish people would stop hyping Bug/Dragon, the typing does absolutely nothing for Flygon but make it worse. Where Megas are concerned, they should really focus on making the Pokemon better in battle as Mega's entire concept and use is for battling, not making it "special and wow unique type combo" at the cost of usuability.

Leave Bug/Dragon for a new line in a new generation.

I refuse to believe Mega Audino is the only Gen V Pokémon getting a Mega so far.

Same. I'm fairly certain there will be more in ORAS, it's just odd we've had two months since Mega Audino and we haven't seen another. I wouldn't mind Druddigon, but another Dragon Mega at this point sounds boring. Fire/Steel Mega Heatmor is one I'm dying to happen (potentially with Bulletproof or Sheer Force). Galvantula, Whimsicott and Cinccino are a few others I'd like to see too, not entirely sure where I'd like to see them go though. Also Liepard, since early-game mons now seem to be fair-game thanks to Pidgeot and Beedrill.

This so much. Both parts.

Bug/Dragon would suck. Turning a SR resist into a weakness, gaining a weakness to Flying when MPinsir, Talonflame, and soon MSalamence are on the loose, and losing the Dragon/Ground STAB combo would be horrendous.

Galvantula is one I want to see also, as if it were good enough Sticky Web teams could finally be OU viable (see RU where Kricketune Web teams are ridiculously good). I also personally want to see Bisharp, as she's my signature Pokémon and one of my favorites.
Um, did I read that right? Did I just read that you work with a female Bisharp? Internet high five! (Mine's a female and I love her dearly. She's been a real trooper in the Maison.)

But yeah, if I don't get a Mega Golurk I'd be over the moon with a Mega Bisharp. She's one of my top three faves and I honestly think she could benefit from a Mega. In any case, I'll take just about anything Gen V getting a Mega. That Gen needs a lot more love.
Region exclusive megas sounds like a push, but after the Vivillon in X/Y I will not be surprised if this is the case.
Please, for the love of all that is holy DO NOT give GF any ideas! All I'd need is a region exclusive Mega Golurk that can only be obtained in Japan or Europe. You'd hear no end to my wails of utter disappointment.
Mega Glalie literally looks like it eats little children for breakfast.
Yeah, just imagine seeing that thing before you go to sleep at night.... because I did. My hubby showed me Mega Glalie before I went to bed.

...I've never slept with the blankets over my head until last night. :scared:
"Glalie has the ability to freely control ice. For example, it can instantly freeze its foe solid. After immobilizing its foe in ice, this Pokémon enjoys eating it in leisurely fashion." Glalie Ruby Pokedex entry.

Did GF based M-Glalie on this? The open mouth? Refrigerate? I'm just taking a guess. Probably a coincidence but if it is true, M-Glalie just got a lot more disturbing.
Whelp, I'm never sleeping again. ....can't sleep, Mega Ice creatures from Poke Earth will eat me....

Region exclusive megas sounds like a push, but after the Vivillon in X/Y I will not be surprised if this is the case.
Please, for the love of all that is holy DO NOT give GF any ideas! All I'd need is a region exclusive Mega Golurk that can only be obtained in Japan or Europe. You'd hear no end to my wails of utter disappointment.

They meant that in the demo, there'd be 7 exclusive Mega's with one for each language the games come in, all of which could be found in the main game. But it seems like only Glalie and Steelix were programmed in.

I wish people would stop hyping Bug/Dragon, the typing does absolutely nothing for Flygon but make it worse. Where Megas are concerned, they should really focus on making the Pokemon better in battle as Mega's entire concept and use is for battling, not making it "special and wow unique type combo" at the cost of usuability.

Leave Bug/Dragon for a new line in a new generation.

I refuse to believe Mega Audino is the only Gen V Pokémon getting a Mega so far.

Same. I'm fairly certain there will be more in ORAS, it's just odd we've had two months since Mega Audino and we haven't seen another. I wouldn't mind Druddigon, but another Dragon Mega at this point sounds boring. Fire/Steel Mega Heatmor is one I'm dying to happen (potentially with Bulletproof or Sheer Force). Galvantula, Whimsicott and Cinccino are a few others I'd like to see too, not entirely sure where I'd like to see them go though. Also Liepard, since early-game mons now seem to be fair-game thanks to Pidgeot and Beedrill.

This so much. Both parts.

Bug/Dragon would suck. Turning a SR resist into a weakness, gaining a weakness to Flying when MPinsir, Talonflame, and soon MSalamence are on the loose, and losing the Dragon/Ground STAB combo would be horrendous.

Galvantula is one I want to see also, as if it were good enough Sticky Web teams could finally be OU viable (see RU where Kricketune Web teams are ridiculously good). I also personally want to see Bisharp, as she's my signature Pokémon and one of my favorites.
Um, did I read that right? Did I just read that you work with a female Bisharp? Internet high five! (Mine's a female and I love her dearly. She's been a real trooper in the Maison.)

But yeah, if I don't get a Mega Golurk I'd be over the moon with a Mega Bisharp. She's one of my top three faves and I honestly think she could benefit from a Mega. In any case, I'll take just about anything Gen V getting a Mega. That Gen needs a lot more love.

Yeah, Guinevere the female Bisharp is my signature Pokémon as Dark Gym Leader/E4 for the Bulbagarden Battle League. :)

Mega Bisharp would be amazing. Something like 65/165/100/60/80/120 with either Defiant (still) or Adaptability would be great.

So apparently people are looking in the demo files and they managed to find

Mega Hoopa

http://i.********/vp/1413416897479.pnghttp://i.********/vp/1413416953221.png

If the images are true, it looks a mess honestly. I quite like Hoopa, so it would be disappointing.

They also extracted stats for the new Megas (sadly doesn't seem to be any other Megas barring the current ones + Hoopa if this is legit).

1. Index: 799 - Swampert-M Stats: 100/150/110/95/110/70 Type: Water/Ground Catchrate: 45 Stage: 3
  2. Index: 800 - Sceptile-M Stats: 70/110/75/145/85/145 Type: Grass/Dragon Catchrate: 45 Stage: 3
  3. Index: 801 - Sableye-M Stats: 50/85/125/85/115/20 Type: Dark/Ghost Catchrate: 45 Stage: 2
  4. Index: 802 - Altaria-M Stats: 75/110/110/110/105/80 Type: Dragon/Fairy Catchrate: 45 Stage: 2
  5. Index: 803 - Gallade-M Stats: 68/165/95/65/115/110 Type: Psychic/Fighting Catchrate: 45 Stage: 3
  6. Index: 804 - Audino-M Stats: 103/60/126/80/126/50 Type: Normal/Fairy Catchrate: 255 Stage: 2
    Index: 806 - Slowbro-M Stats: 95/75/180/130/80/30 Type: Water/Psychic Catchrate: 75 Stage: 2
  7. Index: 805 - Sharpedo-M Stats: 70/140/70/110/65/105 Type: Water/Dark Catchrate: 60 Stage: 2
  8. Index: 807 - Steelix-M Stats: 75/125/230/55/95/30 Type: Steel/Ground Catchrate: 25 Stage: 2
  9. Index: 808 - Pidgeot-M Stats: 83/80/80/135/80/121 Type: Normal/Flying Catchrate: 45 Stage: 3
  10. Index: 809 - Glalie-M Stats: 80/120/80/120/80/100 Type: Ice/Ice Catchrate: 75 Stage: 2
  11. Index: 810 - Diancie-M Stats: 50/160/110/160/110/110 Type: Rock/Fairy Catchrate: 3 Stage: 3
  12. Index: 811 - Metagross-M Stats: 80/145/150/105/110/110 Type: Steel/Psychic Catchrate: 3 Stage: 3
  13. Index: 812 - Kyogre-P Stats: 100/150/90/180/160/90 Type: Water/Water Catchrate: 3 Stage: 3
  14. Index: 813 - Groudon-P Stats: 100/180/160/150/90/90 Type: Ground/Fire Catchrate: 3 Stage: 3
  15. Index: 814 - Rayquaza-M Stats: 105/180/100/180/100/115 Type: Dragon/Flying Catchrate: 45 Stage: 3
  16. 815-820 are Cosplay Pikachu forms
  17. Index: 821 - Hoopa-M Stats: 80/160/60/170/130/80 Type: Psychic/Dark Catchrate: 3 Stage: 3
  18. Index: 822 - Camerupt-M Stats: 70/120/100/145/105/20 Type: Fire/Ground Catchrate: 150 Stage: 2
  19. Index: 823 - Lopunny-M Stats: 65/136/94/54/96/135 Type: Normal/Fighting Catchrate: 60 Stage: 2
  20. Index: 824 - Salamence-M Stats: 95/145/130/120/90/120 Type: Dragon/Flying Catchrate: 45 Stage: 3
  21. Index: 825 - Beedrill-M Stats: 65/150/40/15/80/145 Type: Bug/Poison Catchrate: 45 Stage: 3

If these are real, things to note: Beedrill has 150 Atk + 145 Speed with heavily reduced Sp.Atk, Mega Gallade has 110 Speed, Pidgeot has 135 Sp.Atk and 121 Speed, Salamence is overpowered, Lopunny has godly 136 Atk + 135 Speed. Audino is the only Unova Mega afterall ://////

Edit: Mega Hoopa revealed by ProjectPokemon : pokemon

Hopefully this is all a joke.

Last edited:
Considering it was dumped by the same guy who did it for XY, I doubt it's fake.

Still, wow, Salamence, Metagross, and Beedrill look really strong! Those things are definitely going to be powerful threats, that's for sure.

I can't see this being real, ever. Why would Game Freak lower Mega Evolutions' stats so drastically? Mega Beedrill with 15 base Special Attack sounds like BS to me.

Also, I think some users on Smogon calculated that Mega Rayquaza's base Speed is still 95. Why is it base 115 here?

I can't see this being real, ever.

Kaphotics is a data-miner for Project Pokemon and Smogon, I don't know if they'd be lying about all this. I would like to think there are more Megas in the code though. :/

Also, I think some users on Smogon calculated that Mega Rayquaza's base Speed is still 95. Why is it base 115 here?

When did we see Mega Rayquaza's stats to be able to calculate them?

That stats are from Kaphotics on Smogon and he did a similar thing for XY that was correct iirc so might be legit. Magician Mega Hoopa, though, is fucking hilarious if it is true. Good luck trying to get rid of your item xD

MBeedrill is pretty bitching, though. I'd use dat in OU :)

Back
Top Bottom