• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
Ah man would I love a Mega Zoroark that dropped Illusion! I'm not sure what ability would fit it, it may be dependent on the theme they choose for the theoretical Mega. (Like if it gains any new typings etc.)
(Or at least give Zorua and Zoroark a hidden ability please)

I really like Zoroark a lot and I want to be able to use Zoroark as Zoroark, not something else, haha!

To fit Zoroark's theme I can see Pickpocket or Magician, but of course that would defeat the purpose of a Mega. Maybe Infiltrator, Prankster or Defiant?

Infiltrator sounds the most plausible. I don't think Zoroark learns much in the way of support for Prankster to be useful, and it works better with Special Attacks.

So here's an idea: Mega Donphan with Speed Boost. We all know Donphan can curl into a ball, so how about the Mega focus on this and when it rolls it keeps rolling faster, thus Speed Boost. The stat focuses could be on Atk, Def + Sp.Def and just leave Speed alone since it has Speed Boost anyway. Sp.Atk is useless.

I know I'm probably known for being overly critical of people's ideas, so you can have a go at mine and tell me if you don't like/if it's bad, I don't mind :p

So here's an idea: Mega Donphan with Speed Boost. We all know Donphan can curl into a ball, so how about the Mega focus on this and when it rolls it keeps rolling faster, thus Speed Boost. The stat focuses could be on Atk, Def + Sp.Def and just leave Speed alone since it has Speed Boost anyway. Sp.Atk is useless.

I know I'm probably known for being overly critical of people's ideas, so you can have a go at mine and tell me if you don't like/if it's bad, I don't mind :p

That sounds interesting... but let's not have a super-tanky thing with high attack that then gets faster every turn.
I mean, it's not a bad idea, but it sounds... scary, to say the least.

Well Donphan has no healing move and no stat-boosting move (like Swords Dance), so it wouldn't be as scary as it seems imo. Also wouldn't have a boosting item (Life Orb) or boosting ability (like Tough Claws).

Nah, Silktree has you thoroughly beaten there.

I always thought Donphan should be Ground/Normal. Certainly it feels pretty similar to Sawsbuck or Bibarel as a mammal that has an affinity for <type>. But it wouldn't really make sense for a mega-evolution, I guess. :/

All this Mega Gallade fanart makes me want this bloody game to release immediatelly so I can have him on my team as soon as possible. Man, I think he's the main thing that's keeping me hyped for this game.

I would breed a Ralts, but my main goal right now is to get my perfect beautiful competitive-grade shiny Greninja. I already hatched one...
...it had Torrent.

On Donphan, they could easily update his movepool with a boosting move... I just hope they don't, if they go with that concept...

Mega Gallade has a definite spot on my team. Not very many of these new megas impress me, and also Game Greak did say that ORAS have more new megas than X and Y.

I can't believe that OR/AS are getting released this month and there is NOTHING to be found about a Water/Fairy Mega Milotic. This will be such a huge fail if it's left out! If you had asked me six months ago I would have told you that you were crazy if you thought it wasn't going to happen.

I can't believe that OR/AS are getting released this month and there is NOTHING to be found about a Water/Fairy Mega Milotic. This will be such a huge fail if it's left out! If you had asked me six months ago I would have told you that you were crazy if you thought it wasn't going to happen.

omg RIGHT! or bug/ANYTHINGELSE Butterfree!!! ;D or bug/dragon yanmega. or mega flygon with a better ability. or mega ledian. or mega shedinjaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

*collapses and froths at the mouth*

We need a Mega Raichu to stop this nonsense of a Mega Pikachu.

2. Its shiny is like Gardevoir, so I can name him "The Dark Knight"
It's not. It's really not... :'(

All this Mega Gallade fanart makes me want this bloody game to release immediatelly so I can have him on my team as soon as possible. Man, I think he's the main thing that's keeping me hyped for this game.

I need all of that art on my wall right now tbh

We need a Mega Raichu to stop this nonsense of a Mega Pikachu.

Please, God, YES!

Yeah, here's all the shiny Megas for those who haven't seen them yet:

40oufPJ.png

Gallade looks pretty cool with a black cape.

Also, Sableye is in his regular form has blue gemstones as eyes, in Mega form they're red, as well as the giant one it uses as a shield and the shiny of the Mega form has them be green. Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald anyone? =P

Shiny mega Glalie is evil and stoned? I really like the green Mega Lati@s, pity I can't breed for one. Metagross, Rayquaza and Gallade have the best coloured shinies, as we expected, although I think something about the awesomeness of a black Rayquaza is lost in its mega form. :/ Green Beedrill looks fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom