• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
We need a Mega Raichu to stop this nonsense of a Mega Pikachu.
Agreed. Giving mega evolution to a not-fully evolved Pokémon would be a big fail.

The only one that could ever possibly make sense is a Normal type "Mega Eevee" that permanently evolves through contact with its Mega Stone Eonite, as Eevee's DNA is unstable as fuck and it's named the EVOLUTION Pokémon. But no way in hell would a Mega Pikachu ever work. Waiting for my M-Raichu.

In that case this is not Mega Eevee, but a normal permanent Eevee evolution evolved though using an evolution item.

I want more of the normal evolution to the one-stage Pokemon then Mega Evolution. Giving Mega Evolution to the NE Pokemon is just an alternative way to nerf them to the group of "forever useless" IMO.

Druddigon does use it on defensive sets.

This is true, I'm just biased because I'm of the opinion that Druddigon's defensive sets are mediocre in comparison to its offensive sets, which I have found to be highly effective. However, the point that Druddigon does not use Rough Skin for lack of better options stands - it uses Sheer Force or selects Rough Skin because it is the better option :)
It's still due to the lack of better options on defensive sets at least

Druddigon does use it on defensive sets.

This is true, I'm just biased because I'm of the opinion that Druddigon's defensive sets are mediocre in comparison to its offensive sets, which I have found to be highly effective. However, the point that Druddigon does not use Rough Skin for lack of better options stands - it uses Sheer Force or selects Rough Skin because it is the better option :)
It's still due to the lack of better options on defensive sets at least

Since bulky Druddigon is typically SpDef, the combination of Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet serves to deter physical attackers from hitting it and grants it artificial longevity by incentivizing opponents to hit it on its invested side (SpDef) only

Since bulky Druddigon is typically SpDef, the combination of Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet serves to deter physical attackers from hitting it and grants it artificial longevity by incentivizing opponents to hit it on its invested side (SpDef) only
interesting strat, but is it really worth lefties considering druddigon lacks a recovery move

getting kinda off topic lol

interesting strat, but is it really worth lefties considering druddigon lacks a recovery move

getting kinda off topic lol

Yes to both :p

So. Mega Dragonite.
It may be a stretch, but... Dragon/Normal with Simple?
>:D

Why Normal?

I was thinking his already-tiny wings shrink into nothingness and he becomes grounded. Then cute normal type.
I guess Fairy would've worked better for cute theme, but why give up on STAB ESpeed?
muahahahaha

Why Normal?

I was thinking his already-tiny wings shrink into nothingness and he becomes grounded. Then cute normal type.
I guess Fairy would've worked better for cute theme, but why give up on STAB ESpeed?
muahahahaha

Dragonilate. You know what it does. MUAHAHAHA

(Nah, to be honest another -ilate ability would be a bit repetitive)

We need a Mega Raichu to stop this nonsense of a Mega Pikachu.
Agreed. Giving mega evolution to a not-fully evolved Pokémon would be a big fail.

The only one that could ever possibly make sense is a Normal type "Mega Eevee" that permanently evolves through contact with its Mega Stone Eonite, as Eevee's DNA is unstable as fuck and it's named the EVOLUTION Pokémon. But no way in hell would a Mega Pikachu ever work. Waiting for my M-Raichu.

In that case this is not Mega Eevee, but a normal permanent Eevee evolution evolved though using an evolution item.

I want more of the normal evolution to the one-stage Pokemon then Mega Evolution. Giving Mega Evolution to the NE Pokemon is just an alternative way to nerf them to the group of "forever useless" IMO.

Well it would be a unique case, because the stone would be a held item. If given to Eevee and leveled up by one level, it evolves into Eon, the Normal type Eeveelution (hence the name Eonite for the stone) and when given to Eon, it becomes a Mega Stone. Then Eon could be based on a leopard and other big cats and have a signature ability called Spot Change (to reference the saying "a leopard never changes its spots") and whenever it uses a move of a given type, it changes form to the Eeveelution of that given type (using an Ice type move changes it to Glaceon, a Fire type into Flareon) and if a certain type doesn't have an Eeveelution (Dragon, Rock, Flying, etc.) it reverts back to Eon. It's basically an Eon-exclusive version of Protean. I saw a similar ability on a preview for an upcoming fan game and I think it could work extremely well for a Normal Eeveelution. Like Vee from Pokémon Adventures.

I'm still waiting for my Mega Flygon and my Mega Luxray.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ MEGA LUXRAY AND MEGA FLYGON OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Bug/Dragon Flygon and Electric/Dark Luxray! They need to get on that! And Water/Fairy Milotic and Bug/Psychic Butterfree! :D

Bug/Dragon Flygon
Ground is Flygon's primary typing. Every one of its Pokedex entries mentions sand and/or the desert. Bug type wouldn't be doing favors for it anyways.
Electric/Dark Luxray
Dark-type is called Evil-type in Japan. These games are made in Japan so obviously they're going to be working off the Japanese names. There isn't anything inherently evil about Luxray. Gyarados, however, whose Mega did change to Dark, is a destructive and violent bundle of rage.

I never get why people want Luxray to go part Dark anyway. It's just a liability for it imo.

Hopefully this final CoroCoro will reveal some amazing things.

BlackButterfree said:
Well it would be a unique case, because the stone would be a held item. If given to Eevee and leveled up by one level, it evolves into Eon, the Normal type Eeveelution (hence the name Eonite for the stone) and when given to Eon, it becomes a Mega Stone. Then Eon could be based on a leopard and other big cats and have a signature ability called Spot Change (to reference the saying "a leopard never changes its spots") and whenever it uses a move of a given type, it changes form to the Eeveelution of that given type (using an Ice type move changes it to Glaceon, a Fire type into Flareon) and if a certain type doesn't have an Eeveelution (Dragon, Rock, Flying, etc.) it reverts back to Eon. It's basically an Eon-exclusive version of Protean. I saw a similar ability on a preview for an upcoming fan game and I think it could work extremely well for a Normal Eeveelution. Like Vee from Pokémon Adventures.

As much as I'd love a version of Eevee with better stats... this seems extremely convoluted. I'd be happy enough with "Mega Eevee" simply having stats on-par with its regular evolutions and maybe a stronger ability... But really, it would benefit more from a proper Normal-type evolution with increased stats and an expanded move pool. (A "final" Eeveelution where its DNA finally settles down would be ideal imo)

I really can't see not-fully-evolved Megas working simply because of stat and move restrictions. These 'mons already typically have a lower BST, and even a Mega boost would likely leave them falling behind fully-evolved Mega forms. Not to mention that (with few exceptions) final-form Pokémon also tend to have a wider and more powerful move pool to draw from.

Maybe someday we'll see a gimmicky-type of Mega for an unevolved 'mon (Eevee would be most likely, though again I'd rather see a proper evolution.) I don't think they'll become a "thing", though.

When does that CoroCoro come out?

15th. We'll get leaks between 11th-13th.

But yeah, I agree this upcoming Corocoro will solidify whether there's anymore Megas at all. If there isn't one new Mega in it, then it's pretty obvious we have them all. Given the fact they've shown the champion's Mega, the rival's Mega, both ultimate antagonist's Megas and also Mega Rayquaza, it does seem likely there isn't anymore imo otherwise why show all those.

When does that CoroCoro come out?

15th. We'll get leaks between 11th-13th.

But yeah, I agree this upcoming Corocoro will solidify whether there's anymore Megas at all. If there isn't one new Mega in it, then it's pretty obvious we have them all. Given the fact they've shown the champion's Mega, the rival's Mega, both ultimate antagonist's Megas and also Mega Rayquaza, it does seem likely there isn't anymore imo otherwise why show all those.

I'm not a psychic, but I highly doubt they would reveal all the Megas before the games are released. There would be nothing to discover if that's the case.

XY did release a lot of Megas before they were released, and yet there were still many in the games for players to discover.

There are so many Pokemon from the 5th gen that should get a Mega, so I'm hoping for more. I feel like there will be even more Megas in the third game or sequel to XY.

Back
Top Bottom