• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
Diancie's Mega Stone is called Diancite, it was in some sort of press release information at some point iirc. But hopefully Gems return in ORAS

I facepalm everytime someone asks for Flygon to be Bug/Dragon. Sure, let's give the mon that is overshadowed by Garchomp a worse typing, that certainly will make it better.

Some of us don't care about hardcore battling and just want pkmn to have types that fit them. Flygon is BEGGING to be a bug type.

Well they must be content-less and awful games because I haven't seen anything interesting about leaks being posted anywhere.

tbh I'm not even surprised considering they literally spoiled the entire plot and any gameplay features too before the release. If it wasn't enough this is a remake, they totally shoved in our faces all the changes to the plot and didn't leave even a tiny little story detail for us to discover on our on. I guess they really don't care at all which is kinda sad and makes me worried for the future games...

Some of us don't care about hardcore battling and just want pkmn to have types that fit them. Flygon is BEGGING to be a bug type.

But it does have a type that fits it. It's more dragon than bug, and ain't no way is Ground going anywhere, not in the face of every single one of its Pokedex entries.

But it does have a type that fits it. It's more dragon than bug, and ain't no way is Ground going anywhere, not in the face of every single one of its Pokedex entries.

Actually, it's debatable whether ground/bug or ground/dragon would be better thematically. But bug/ground isn't particularly unique and lacks the cool factor. I get your point: dropping the ground type (which is what is usually proposed) completely misses the point of Flygon. Save that for Yanmega.

Actually, it's debatable whether ground/bug or ground/dragon would be better thematically. But bug/ground isn't particularly unique and lacks the cool factor. I get your point: dropping the ground type (which is what is usually proposed) completely misses the point of Flygon. Save that for Yanmega.

If it were Mega Trapinch or Mega Vibrava, maybe, but Flygon is clearly more Dragon than Bug. I mean, take away those red...things over its eyes and you'd just have another goofy-lookin' dragon.

iirc dragonflies lack any sort of association with dragons in Japan.

I mean, I would like a Dragon/Bug at some point, but it's gotta make sense.

Whether you don't like competitive battling or not, it's clear Megas are created and intended for competitive battling. Removing a decent typing and replacing it with a worse typing (in every aspect - both offence and defence) is not a good way to improve a Pokemon for competitive purposes. If people want a Bug/Dragon line that's fine, I can get behind that, more type combos are fun, but Mega Flygon should not be that Bug/Dragon because the typing is shit and would make it worse. People might bring up Mega Pinsir getting Bug/Flying, but Mega Pinsir got an amazing buff with the best offensive typing in the game in Flying (well imo, it's definitely one of the best at least) and the ability giving it things such as strong priority etc. Bug is a shit offensive and defensive typing, so while Bug/Flying isn't great defensively at least it gave Pinsir the means to be good offensively while Bug/Dragon offers Flygon neither and removes a good offensive STAB in Ground for one of the worst in the game in Bug.

Just wanna know, from the spoilers are there more megas? don't tell me how many or what ones have one, just is there more?

I don't know what spoilers you're talking about. The last Megas we know of were Glalie and Steelix, there's been no more since those two last month.

the games themselves have leaked

Well they must be content-less and awful games because I haven't seen anything interesting about leaks being posted anywhere.

This "leaker" is telling people to wait until Friday for more information. So far the only things they've said is you get Latios/Latias after Norman's Gym and you Mega Evolve them (like the Lucario in X/Y) and that Mauville is huge.
Where is this so called "leaker"?

I think more people are advocating for Mega Flygon to be Bug/Dragon because Flygon has Bug Bite and Fury Cutter as egg moves and
according to the data mine, Flygon learns Bug Buzz as a level-up move now.

But we have to remember that just because a Pokémon may be able to learn many moves of a certain type does not mean it will end up with that type as a Mega.

Pinsir has SEVEN Fighting-type moves in its level-up movepool. And yet Mega Pinsir became Bug/Flying of all things when, Aerilate notwithstanding, it doesn't even have a single Flying-type move in its arsenal.

The Official Site has updated the Dianice page. We receive the Diancite from 3 NPC's in a Pokemon Centre after it has been transferred to ORAS. It doesnt say a specific Pokemon Centre so, presumedly, this will be in the same vein as the NPC's from the XY 'event' and they'll turn up after your in the Pokemon centre with it in your party.

Important note on Glalie from the Pokemon website:This Pokémon will not listen to your orders reliably until you have obtained at least a Dynamo Badge in Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

I still somehow expecting a Mega Flygon and Milotic. Just imagine if they pulled a "HA THEY ACTUALLY ARE THERE BUT WE DID EVERYTHING TO HIDE THEM AND SUCCEEDED!"
But eeh that's probably never happening.

I'm taking two guesses:

1- They didn't show any mega in this issue of Corocoro because they didn't want to reveal more megas to keep them as a suprise, just like what they did with XY. Yes, i'm fully aware of the demo but they could have easily programmed a few more in the final game.

2- They actualy revealed all megas before the games even came out and this is going to dissapoint me massively, one of the things i liked to do in XY was looking for mega stones of mons that weren't revealed.

They didn't show any mega in this issue of Corocoro because they didn't want to reveal more megas to keep them as a suprise, just like what they did with XY. Yes, I'm fully aware of the demo but they could have easily programmed a few more in the final game.

I'm hoping this is the case. If this is all we're getting, then I'll be a bit dissapointed. I guess we'll know for sure soon enough.

Blaziken getting Ice Punch in OR/AS which wasn't in the demo could be taken as a small inidcator that not everything is in the demo.

I think it's just best for everyone to keep expectations minimum, even if you do think there's likely to be more. That way no one is disappointed if there isn't more and if there does turn out to be more then we can party all night long. It's only a week to go anyway, so just waiting until then to know will be easy.

at this point my optimism about us getting more oras mega evos is 82% dead, I don't think we'll get any more until "Z". Weird how there are no new electric-type megas...

Blaziken getting Ice Punch in OR/AS which wasn't in the demo could be taken as a small inidcator that not everything is in the demo.
would like more info about what you mean

Blaziken is on the official site being advertised knowing Ice Punch which it couldn't learn before and the demo data didn't show it being able to learn it via move tutor. It's leading people to believe that the demo data is incomplete and there could be more changes.

It shows Blaziken using all three elemental punches, not just Ice, so it doesn't look like an error (but it's weird that a Fire-type would learn it imo).
nov_p21_10_vyg.jpg
nov_p21_11_pps.jpg

It's only a week, so I'm not gonna think anything of it. If we had months to go I think it would be interesting to wonder on it, but with only a week left it's easy to just sit it out and see what comes. I'm sure the games will leak a few days earlier anyway.

Blaziken is on the official site being advertised knowing Ice Punch which it couldn't learn before and the demo data didn't show it being able to learn it via move tutor. It's leading people to believe that the demo data is incomplete and there could be more changes.

It shows Blaziken using all three elemental punches, not just Ice, so it doesn't look like an error (but it's weird that a Fire-type would learn it imo).
nov_p21_10_vyg.jpg
nov_p21_11_pps.jpg

It's only a week, so I'm not gonna think anything of it. If we had months to go I think it would be interesting to wonder on it, but with only a week left it's easy to just sit it out and see what comes. I'm sure the games will leak a few days earlier anyway.
no, you will let it grow into a swirling vortex of optimism that damn well has the potential to kill you

that is what I will be doing until oras, with this new information to fuel my probably-irrational optimism

Back
Top Bottom