• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
no, you will let it grow into a swirling vortex of optimism that damn well has the potential to kill you

You wish haha, I'm hardly known as Mr Positive around here. And no point tho, a week will come and go in no time and then we'll know for certain. It's easier for me to stay neutral on it.

It's probably a mistake that Blaziken doesn't learn Ice Punch vita tutor. Game Freak isn't perfect. They're only human so mistakes can be made.

Crazy idea that probably won't be true-

What if Flygon and Milotic are getting version exclusive Megas?

And they just don't want to reveal that?

Remember guys, they didn't reveal all of XY's mega's. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up finding Mega Flygon and/or Milotic in the game, alongside at least 3-4 others.

The demo was probably and bare with me here, built from an early or separate build of the game. But im sure gamefreak is aware of the fanbase behind flygon and milotic and easily couldve opted to leave them out to use for another games hype machine down the line. Not including them in this game would only build the desire and outcry for them after all.

A silver lining for Flygon/Milotic supporters: megas are getting stronger. That's because XY aimed a bit too low overall (with a few exceptions: Gengar, Lucario and Kangaskhan, and Blaziken's as broken as ever). But more megas will continue to encourage the power creep, which means later megas are balanced for a more powerful metagame than earlier ones.

So that's something I guess. Hopefully they get megas eventually though.

And those new Megas will probably have higher stat increases in the areas that count.

The developers made some crucial mistakes when they applied stat increases for the XY megas:
- 20+ Attack: M-Ampharos, M-Gardevoir
- 20+ Special Attack: M-Kangaskhan, M-Medicham
- 10+ Special Attack: M-Pinsir, M-Gyarados, M-Aerodactyl, M-Scizor, and M-Banette

If memory serves, I think
M-Swampert (+10 base Special Attack) is the only ORAS-debuting Mega that got a boost in an unneeded area.

The ORAS developers did a better job with these Megas; many of these Pokemon got the most out of the 100 base stat increase. Their abilities (save M-Audino and M-Pidgeot) are also worth mentioning.

Remember guys, they didn't reveal all of XY's mega's. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up finding Mega Flygon and/or Milotic in the game, alongside at least 3-4 others.

The data mine of the ORAS demo displayed no other Megas; the only unannounced thing discovered was Hoopa's new forme.
There is a pretty good chance that this is it for ORAS.

Last edited:
And those new Megas will probably have higher stat increases in the areas that count.

The developers made some crucial mistakes when they applied stat increases for the XY megas:
- 20+ Attack: M-Ampharos, M-Gardevoir
- 20+ Special Attack: M-Kangaskhan, M-Medicham
- 10+ Special Attack: M-Pinsir, M-Gyarados, M-Aerodactyl, M-Scizor, and M-Banette

If memory serves, I think
M-Swampert (+10 base Special Attack) is the only ORAS-debuting Mega that got a boost in an unneeded area.

The ORAS developers did a better job with these Megas; many of these Pokemon got the most out of the 100 base stat increase. Their abilities (save M-Audino and M-Pidgeot) are also worth mentioning.

The data mine of the ORAS demo displayed no other Megas; the only unannounced thing discovered was Hoopa's new forme.
There is a pretty good chance that this is it for ORAS.

Data mining didn't show Episode Delta, and there's areas where data was taken out. The demo is almost certainly an unfinished version of the game.

Data mining didn't show Episode Delta.

The data for the opponents in Episode Delta were mined. In fact, nearly every single opponent in the game was extracted right down to the IVs and items.

The probability of there being additional Megas beyond the ones that were extracted (which was everything announced so far) is unlikely.

The data miners didn't find that Blaziken could learn Ice Punch so maybe the data of the demo aren't as complete as the final games. In an interview of Ohmori in Portuguese, it's saying that he said there's mega evolutions he wants players to discover in the games like XY. Let's just hope and wait until the games are out.

There was something else that sort of bothers me. The demo leak says that Dragon Ascent has 120 base power, but when I saw the NicoNico stream, I heard the people saying hyaku go ju in regards to Dragon Ascent. hyaku go ju is japanese for 150. So I think either the demo was inaccurate for Dragon Ascent's power or that the 150 is referring to something else. If it is inaccurate, this could mean that several of the other moves have different base power and it might also mean that there could be Mega Evolutions in the demo. Please keep in mind that this is only a theory

The data miners didn't find that Blaziken could learn Ice Punch so maybe the data of the demo aren't as complete as the final games. In an interview of Ohmori in Portuguese, it's saying that he said there's mega evolutions he wants players to discover in the games like XY. Let's just hope and wait until the games are out.

That interview was done in early october though. That was before the reveal of Mega Pidgeot, Beedrill, Steelix, and Glalie. Also I would not put too much stock in Blaziken learning Ice punch. Screenshots from Diancie's reveal showed it learning Power Gem.

Also I would not put too much stock in Blaziken learning Ice punch. Screenshots from Diancie's reveal showed it learning Power Gem.

Nature Power inside a cave (where Diancie's screen took place) turns into Power Gem. Gardevoir was shown using Fairy Wind in the Fairy announcement, a move it can't actually learn, so is a better example.

There's no way we can be sure either way with Blaziken until next week.

For people quoting the Ohmori inteview, he is a dev. He barely knows more about what's going to be revealed than we do. He might've said he would like the player to discover new megas in game, but he has no control over what's revealed. That's Nintendo's marketing department, most of whom should be fired, incidentally.

For people quoting the Ohmori inteview, he is a dev. He barely knows more about what's going to be revealed than we do. He might've said he would like the player to discover new megas in game, but he has no control over what's revealed. That's Nintendo's marketing department, most of whom should be fired, incidentally.
He discussed Soaring in the interviews, so he was well aware of what would be revealed by the time the interviews were published. Since interviews are a form of marketing, he has to know these things. And Masuda tweets about announcements all the time.

I almost feel like we're grasping at straws at this point with guessing whether or not there will be more Mega Evolutions in the games.

I remember reading an interview where someone from Game Freak said ORAS will have many Mega Evolutions, perhaps even more then XY. Does anyone know which interview this was with or am I just imagining things? :eek:

I'm pretty sure there won't be any more new mega evolutions from what has been revealed. The Strongest Mega Evolution Act II showed all the new Pokemon that can mega evolve in ORAS in the end, only leaving out one Pokemon for obvious reasons.

That interview was done in early october though. That was before the reveal of Mega Pidgeot, Beedrill, Steelix, and Glalie. Also I would not put too much stock in Blaziken learning Ice punch. Screenshots from Diancie's reveal showed it learning Power Gem.

Yeah I know that it was done in october but Ohmori in this interview said that there's mega evolutions that he wants gamers to discover in game. There's a difference to when he said in the other interviews that there's more megas to be announced.

Of course the guy said he wants some to be left for the game - he's not gonna turn around and say there are no more is he! It's a PR no-no!

They know everyone expected more in-game, but there probably guessing we'll be too busy going crazy over soaring through the sky and going to space to really care about more Megas!

Back
Top Bottom