• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
I almost feel like we're grasping at straws at this point with guessing whether or not there will be more Mega Evolutions in the games.

I remember reading an interview where someone from Game Freak said ORAS will have many Mega Evolutions, perhaps even more then XY. Does anyone know which interview this was with or am I just imagining things? :eek:

They never said that. What they said was that they'd have more Megas on top of those from XY, not that they'd have more then what XY gave.

So, Avalugg has recently become my favorite ice-type, and because of that, I have been putting a lot of time (...10 or 15 minutes) into brainstorming more specific ideas for a Mega Avalugg. I have no design ideas right now, maybe l8r tho.

713MS.png

Type:
IceIC_Big.png

Stats: 95/117/184/44/46/28 --> 95/127/234/44/86/28
Ability: Heatproof

You may be thinking: "Neosquid-kun, are you dumb? Retype it to Water/Ice, it makes sense for an aircraft carrier and it would be infinitely better." Yup, Water/Ice would be better (as I stated once before on this thread I think), but my goal isn't just to make Avalugg good, it's to make a defensive ice-type which doesn't suck. If it was Water/Ice, it wouldn't be a true defensive ice-type -- it would be a defensive water-type (which are so rare, you know) with a defensively hindering ice-type. It's not respectful to the ice-type to have its only defensive player have its ice typing be a burden. Ice typing could not be a burden on this Mega Avalugg, as it is pure ice, so that wouldn't really make any sense to call it a burden like you could say with Lapras, Walrein etc. Mega Avalugg doesn't need that crap anyway, as you can see here:

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Avalugg: 180-214 (45.6 - 54.3%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Avalugg: 114-134 (28.9 - 34%) -- 1.5% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Mega Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Avalugg: 164-194 (41.6 - 49.2%) -- 19.1% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Avalugg: 140-166 (35.5 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Heatproof Mega Avalugg: 218-258 (55.3 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

its ability to take physical hits would be even more staggering than it was before, especially with Heatproof, as you saw in the Megazard X calc. It also wouldn't fall to every special attack with its good special bulk.

252 SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Avalugg: 172-204 (43.6 - 51.7%) -- 10.5% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Avalugg: 304-358 (77.1 - 90.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Avalugg: 111-132 (28.1 - 33.5%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO

+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Avalugg: 196-232 (49.7 - 58.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Mega Salamence Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatproof Mega Avalugg: 106-126 (26.9 - 31.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

lol

oh, and here's examples of unboosted neutral physical hits, for your own amusement

252+ Atk Life Orb Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Heatproof Mega Avalugg: 96-117 (24.3 - 29.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 4HKO
4 Atk Trevenant Phantom Force vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Avalugg: 42-49 (10.6 - 12.4%) -- possible 9HKO
0 Atk Donphan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Avalugg: 49-58 (12.4 - 14.7%) -- possible 7HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Avalugg: 99-117 (25.1 - 29.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

I think it would be a great rapid spinner and physical wall in general

Wouldn't Filter be all around better for Avalugg?
Yup. But Mega Aggron, a very similar Mega Pokemon in terms of stats, already has it, so it seems a bit too repetitive. Solid Rock is a possibly I guess, it's not like non rock-types haven't had it before.

I feel like such an ability might be too good for it, as it would make it even more hard to kill with physical moves. Same would go for Mega Aggron if Mega Aggron had a recovery move.

Mega Diancie wielding a sword in the animated short is the greatest thing.

Mega Gallade vs Mega Diancie was the most badass thing.

While Mega Lopunny vs Mega Sableye was very cute.

Finally I get to know how is an Earthquake indoors.

Only because of this short I want Diancie to learn Sacred Sword. Or at least Swords Dance! And don't mind what the competitive experts say; M-Gallade is the most badass Mega ever.

Finally I get to know how is an Earthquake indoors.

Only because of this short I want Diancie to learn Sacred Sword. Or at least Swords Dance! And don't mind what the competitive experts say; M-Gallade is the most badass Mega ever.

Don't worry, Mega Gallade is considered one of the best new Megas even competitively. So it's not just badass in design =P

The Mega Gallade vs Diancie scene was pretty cool. I loved the Mega Slowbro + Mega Sableye scenes most personally. And just as I said back in June, Mega Sableye is still mischievous despite losing Prankster, and very smug when looking through the gem when the opponent can't break it.

Mega Lopunny is hella cool when it's fighting. And Sceptile's rocket tail never gets old.

I wish they'd done a compilation like this for the XY Megas. :(

I liked the Mega Diancie, Mega Sharpedo, and Mega Sableye scenes the most, and I swear it's not just because they're my favorite megas. The Mega Altaria scene was kawaii as heck too.

Mega Diancie's sword was literally badass af. Can that be a real move, please? Forming a sword from Diamonds and fighting with it is sick as hell. And Mega Lopunny knocking down Sableye when she couldn't break through the Rupee was super cute. The dancingwith Mega Audino and Mega Altaria was really cute, too but Audino's ears looked too small and she herself looked a bit chubbier, so she looked a bit off. But in the group shot of them all at the end, she looked much better. Then again, Altaria's dancing also looked a bit off, if not only because it was flying and has cotton for arms. But it was still uber cute~

Now, Mega Sceptile's rocket tail...creeped me out a bit.

Mega Diancie's sword was literally badass af. Can that be a real move, please? Forming a sword from Diamonds and fighting with it is sick as hell. And Mega Lopunny knocking down Sableye when she couldn't break through the Rupee was super cute. The dancingwith Mega Audino and Mega Altaria was really cute, too but Audino's ears looked too small and she herself looked a bit chubbier, so she looked a bit off. But in the group shot of them all at the end, she looked much better. Then again, Altaria's dancing also looked a bit off, if not only because it was flying and has cotton for arms. But it was still uber cute~

Now, Mega Sceptile's rocket tail...creeped me out a bit.
give it sacred sword

would make a physically focused set actually viable to a degree since it hits steels. It's no moonblast + earth power coverage but it's still somefin, and diamond storm has an undeniably better side effect than moonblast

So, does this confirm that there aren't any more megas? If so, then I don't like how every feature has been spoiled already. I just hope that this Battle Resort isn't jsut some copy/paste of Kalos' Battle Maison.

So, does this confirm that there aren't any more megas? If so, then I don't like how every feature has been spoiled already. I just hope that this Battle Resort isn't jsut some copy/paste of Kalos' Battle Maison.
I wouldn't use the word "confirm"
but yes, at this point, I doubt the existence of any more megas in this game.

give it sacred sword

would make a physically focused set actually viable to a degree since it hits steels. It's no moonblast + earth power coverage but it's still somefin, and diamond storm has an undeniably better side effect than moonblast

Yeah, I'm starting to regret making both my normal and planned Mega Diancie most Physically based solely because of Diamond Storm. I was really counting on her getting Play Rough and a bit more than just Earth Power... :(

It doesn't confirm anything. Not saying one way of the other is more likely, though.

Global Link (or Dream World, if you prefer that name) artwork for all the new Megas. I've always loved the style of the Global Link/Dream World art.
yQ95xnJ.png
3hPlYSQ.png
xhCVzPX.png

79AbXcd.png
sm5SezJ.png
cvGZ1SN.png

0WBKNqj.png
5GKG6PC.png
8GmdS0E.png

rLJzkoW.png
deAYArp.png
7o0gtiN.png