• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Claims The New Official Claim-An-Item(s) Thread!

Alright, updated up to my post above! However, there are a few things I need to remind, since some of you didn't adhere to the common format:

1) Remember that date format is Day/Month/Year, not in other formats! I know some US people are used to the Month/Day/Year format, but to keep a common standard, one particular format must be used.

I'm sorry, but this is stupid. We should be allowed to write the date however we please. It's not like it's making any difference to our claims.

BTW: There's a lot of important items missing from the list (like type enhancing items (dragon fang, never melt ice)).

What other items did I missed? I added the type enhancing items, some other evolutionary items and Pokemon-exclusive items (like the Light Ball you listed).

Thanks for reading.

I think that's about it, except for Lucky Egg (unless I missed it).

Alright, updated to this point!

Alright, updated up to my post above! However, there are a few things I need to remind, since some of you didn't adhere to the common format:

1) Remember that date format is Day/Month/Year, not in other formats! I know some US people are used to the Month/Day/Year format, but to keep a common standard, one particular format must be used.

I'm sorry, but this is stupid. We should be allowed to write the date however we please. It's not like it's making any difference to our claims.

Like I said, it's to keep a common standard, so that it makes life easier when it comes to compiling all the claims (instead of making the one who updated it do the work, which might possibly not be me). Besides, if the month and day are reversed, it could get confusing if those numbers are 12 or less. Sure, it doesn't make a difference in the claims, but it's to make it easier to keep track of, like how the standard unit of measurement is applied in all forms of science (e.g.: Metres for length and litres for volume).

Thanks for reading.

Like I said, it's to keep a common standard, so that it makes life easier when it comes to compiling all the claims (instead of making the one who updated it do the work, which might possibly not be me). Besides, if the month and day are reversed, it could get confusing if those numbers are 12 or less. Sure, it doesn't make a difference in the claims, but it's to make it easier to keep track of, like how the standard unit of measurement is applied in all forms of science (e.g.: Metres for length and litres for volume).

First, it's "meters" and "liters."

Second, that's exactly my point. People who have only been taught to write the date as month/day/year, like me, will be confused if you force us to use this weird format of yours. I've honestly never seen the date written that way before until I came to this forum. We should be allowed to write the date how we please because of this.

Not to be rude, but winstein is the one running this claim thread. Don't you think writing the date in the format he's used to makes things easier on him? Yes, I'm in America, too, and I had no qualms about writing the date differently. It honestly shouldn't be that big of a deal to switch two numbers around.

First, it's "meters" and "liters."

Second, that's exactly my point. People who have only been taught to write the date as month/day/year, like me, will be confused if you force us to use this weird format of yours. I've honestly never seen the date written that way before until I came to this forum. We should be allowed to write the date how we please because of this.

First, you're not obligated to post on this type of thread. By doing so, you agree to follow the rules imposed by its creator. It may surely be a small inconvenience for ours users who are not used to the chosen standard, however, as winstein says it saves the keeper of the Claim Thread a lot of work, and that payoff is enough to justify it. If you do not like how a thread is run, ignoring it is best.

Second, there is no need to be so demanding/rude, so please try to be kinder when interacting with someone.

Second, there is no need to be so demanding/rude, so please try to be kinder when interacting with someone.

Where was I being rude/demanding at? I was only voicing my opinion on the matter. If he doesn't like it, that's fine.

Where was I being rude/demanding at? I was only voicing my opinion on the matter. If he doesn't like it, that's fine.

Your use of derogatory terms certainly doesn't help. There's no need to be so negative when voicing an opinion. Now, please, let's let the thread run its course and if you still want to discuss this further please contact me via PM.

Max Revive - Me! - 24-5-12
Dome Fossil - Me! - 24-5-12

Eviolite - Mantiz (24/5/2012)
Lucky Egg - Mantiz (24/5/2012)

Ooh, awesome, I missed these! 8D Here I go, hope I don't mess up.

Member's Card - FairyRed (30/5/2012)
Wide Lens - FairyRed (30/5/2012)

Updated to this point. On that note, remember the format! It's:

[Item Name in Bold] - [User Name] ([Date in DD/MM/YYYY format])

Thanks for reading.

Great Ball - Isamu Akai (06/03/12)
PokéDex (Kanto) - Isamu Akai (06/03/12)

Back
Top Bottom