• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The new player characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ideas for a new female travelling companion?

Great thread! <3

I for one hope she battles, and that a male can do contests for a change. I hope she looks cute, but maturish, but still has a lot to learn look. I hope she isn't blonde, I'm just not feeling one in the cast, but she may grow on me.

TBH, I hope she's an outcast. I hope that she at first either doesn't fit in with the group, or she has arguments with members of the group, and later makes amends.

Black-kun as a Contest guy = Epic win. This is my deepest hope. Let White-chan be Ash's battle rival.

TBH, I hope she's an outcast. I hope that she at first either doesn't fit in with the group, or she has arguments with members of the group, and later makes amends.

Why do I get the feeling you want the girl to be very similar to a certain other girl? You know, the one that was treated like an outcast by her sisters and had arguments with members of the group?

Naaaaah.

I swear, all pokemon fans are pedophiles... including me.
I was merely pointing out similarities and having a little fun with it. Perhaps if I had noticed the hat, as a later poster mentioned, my post may have come across differently.

How about a new set of characters and a new story while they are at it, Ash's era has gone stale and i think it needs to start over. They could still have Ash and maybe bring back Misty, but as small part characters like Oak and Mrs. Ketchum

Haha wishful thinking. You do know the anime is a giant commercial right? And that replacing Ash, dull though he may be, would be a huge mistake?

Interesting topic.Regarding cloth wearing in case of new girl i would rather prefer her to have pants or short shorts instead of having skirt like Dawn had to make things more different this time around.Otherwise we might end up wth copy of Dawn both in clothes and quest if she does contests which noone wouldnt want,i suppose.

When it comes to girls,i would rather prefer that this time she does something different than contests,because frankly having third coordinator in a row doing contests is thanks,but not thanks.
Have her do pokethlon,some new quest,or be a female rival to Ash with new male coming in.

Talking about older girls in my opinion bringing one of them like Misty would be much better move to bring boost in ratings,aswell give injection of fresh air and smething new instead of coordinating.She could return to expand more on her goal of becoming water maste,aswell bring better interaction in group with her great character(for start she and Brock had better chemistry),along with learning more about her.

Chances for who next girl could be(just a rough estimation):
-new girl from games(about 80%)
-Dawn staying(with recent news of her more than likely being winner of GF,about 5%)
-Misty coming back(due to iconic status,hidden potentil and having more room for development due to not being much expanded on about 9%)
-May coming back(well she coul be further developed on,so ill say about 6%).

The thought that any old companions will return, whether it be Misty, May or heck, even Tracey, is ridiculous.

The thought that any old companions will return, whether it be Misty, May or heck, even Tracey, is ridiculous.

Im pretty sure that people are aware how small chances for this are,but they are just stating their ideas of what they would like to happen.

And while that probably wont happen,its not out of question how this scenario has some chance of happening(like i was case with Brock).Granted very small chance but it exists.I end writers can do whatever they want.

Looks most likely that Snookie's gonna be joining the cast at the start of BW. She's looking pretty sporty so I could definitely see her Pokethloning or doing contests.

and the thought of a main character getting episodes to train their pokémon on how to dash hurdle or throw snowballs makes me gag.

That's exactly the kind of thing I'd like to see. It's a different spin on training. Contests were different, I fail to see how the different approach took with them Is better than Pokethlon traing. It's something new and It needs to be introduced to give us all something fresh. Even if Brock gets replaced with a pokethlete, and we still have a coordinator.
It'd be a much more exciting show imo.

I still think this girls design looks more "sporty" which could mean something like the Pokeathlon to be honest.

That's what I think too. She doesn't look like a typical contest girl, but who knows what will happen. I will say this, she does look very cool. I just hope if they do introduce her, her personality doesn't spoil her looks, like Piplup.

I think it's likely she'll pick a grass starter since Dawn had a water type and May had a fire type. Can't wait to see the starters!

So is everyone thinking that for this girl they'll take the route of giving her a backback. They gave both May and Dawn backpacks when in game they had a fanny pack and pursish bag thing respectively. This girl looks like she's got the over the shoulder kinda bag, do you think they'll opt to just give her a backpack?

Oooh, I like the new girl's design! Still not very keen on the colour scheme though.
It says they're older this time, I wonder if they will be in the animé too.

corocoro-pokemon-black-white-starters-1.jpg

What if the new girl is just Dawn, but a few years older? Maybe the anime will make a timeleap?

corocoro-pokemon-black-white-starters-1.jpg

What if the new girl is just Dawn, but a few years older? Maybe the anime will make a timeleap?

Yeah, keep dreaming.

She looks like she could do the pokeathlon, though she does have a lot of hair.

Oooh, I like the new girl's design! Still not very keen on the colour scheme though.
It says they're older this time, I wonder if they will be in the animé too.

I really, really wonder what they will do.

Animé wise I hope she gets a haircut, because it is seriously overboard.

I think the interesting thing to note here is how the characters are going to be older than the past characters, and by extension, older than Ash and Dawn. That means it is much less likely than expected for the girl to replace Dawn as the newbie contest wench. If any of these characters join the show, it's likely they're already trainers. With that said, replacing Dawn might make the average age of the group too high, making it harder for the target audience to relate. Therefore, there is now an elevated probability of Brock getting replaced (presumably with the male character) and Dawn staying for at least part of another generation. It also doesn't hurt how iconic Piplup has become (or rather, Pochama, since the West doesn't seem to care that much about him). Plus, the new girl doesn't exactly look super-girly to me. She doesn't look like the contest type.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope Black replaces Brock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom