• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The new player characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ideas for a new female travelling companion?

And Red's hat :p

Actually though there have been some pretty good design ideas for her.
or46lv.png

I'm personally a fan of the left one.

But no, no love interest.

Ok I'm sorry, but if Ash can't take of the pokemon filled blinkers and notice THIS girl right here, even for just for a moment, he ain't a guy.

corocoro-pokemon-black-white-starters-1.jpg

What if the new girl is just Dawn, but a few years older? Maybe the anime will make a timeleap?

I wish, but when did Dawn have time to dye her hair? Also, WTF is up with the new girls's hair?

Ok I'm sorry, but if Ash can't take of the pokemon filled blinkers and notice THIS girl right here, even for just for a moment, he ain't a guy.
Or he's ten.

I think the interesting thing to note here is how the characters are going to be older than the past characters, and by extension, older than Ash and Dawn. That means it is much less likely than expected for the girl to replace Dawn as the newbie contest wench. If any of these characters join the show, it's likely they're already trainers. With that said, replacing Dawn might make the average age of the group too high, making it harder for the target audience to relate. Therefore, there is now an elevated probability of Brock getting replaced (presumably with the male character) and Dawn staying for at least part of another generation. It also doesn't hurt how iconic Piplup has become (or rather, Pochama, since the West doesn't seem to care that much about him). Plus, the new girl doesn't exactly look super-girly to me. She doesn't look like the contest type.

All of this is total win, just so you know.
It's long past time for Brock to get replaced.

Or he's ten.

phff, I had my 1st crush at 7, even though I always concentrated more on sports then actually bothering to talk to the girl. Ash is the only person in the pokemon world who is oblivious to girls, my god even Kenny has noticed them. That says it all....

Anyway, lets not get into this convo, save it for the shipping thread.

I really wonder about this age thing. It could be that the writers make them 10 anyway, it could also mean one of them replaces Brock on the cast -but if its the girl and Dawn stays it would be a bit weird as they have similar colour schemes. So maybe the boy replaces Brock. Or they scrap Ash all together. Or age him.
Arrgh what does it all mean?

I really wonder about this age thing. It could be that the writers make them 10 anyway, it could also mean one of them replaces Brock on the cast -but if its the girl and Dawn stays it would be a bit weird as they have similar colour schemes. So maybe the boy replaces Brock. Or they scrap Ash all together. Or age him.

Of all the options there I would choose that they age Ash, but then they'll lose the main target audience, so it's never gonna happen.

I'm not sure how I feel about ageing Ash. On one hand, its good to see time finally take its toll on him, but on the other, ageing him after so many years of remaining 10? How would they explain it now?

I'm hoping that Black replaces Brock. Let dawn stay around for a while longer.

As much as I hate the idea of them replacing Dawn with another contest person, looks like my worst fears is coming true. But we all know the fifth Generation Girl is coming in. However, it'd be nice to just have her be a rival to either Ash or Dawn and they keep Dawn and replace Brock with fifth Generation Boy.

As much as I hate the idea of them replacing Dawn with another contest person, looks like my worst fears is coming true. But we all know the fifth Generation Girl is coming in. However, it'd be nice to just have her be a rival to either Ash or Dawn and they keep Dawn and replace Brock with fifth Generation Boy.

This is EXACTLY what I want. Ash needs more female rivals anyway.

corocoro-pokemon-black-white-starters-2.jpg

SHORT SHORTS!

O.O Where did you find that?

Maybe she'll be an experienced trainer/coordinator/whatever by the time she meets up with Ash.

I think the interesting thing to note here is how the characters are going to be older than the past characters, and by extension, older than Ash and Dawn. That means it is much less likely than expected for the girl to replace Dawn as the newbie contest wench. If any of these characters join the show, it's likely they're already trainers. With that said, replacing Dawn might make the average age of the group too high, making it harder for the target audience to relate. Therefore, there is now an elevated probability of Brock getting replaced (presumably with the male character) and Dawn staying for at least part of another generation. It also doesn't hurt how iconic Piplup has become (or rather, Pochama, since the West doesn't seem to care that much about him). Plus, the new girl doesn't exactly look super-girly to me. She doesn't look like the contest type.

I agree with pretty much all of this,except i would rather prefer instead of Dawn,Misty joining main group(wshe has lot left to offer) for next region(or at least part of it) which would be great thing.That way wqe could have trainer,and rival for Ash.

Regarding Brock,judging by recent info of him finding "new goal",and news of new protagonists being oilder it really does bring up question will Brock be replaced after so much time?

Seeing how next girl is older and its been pretty much confirmed its likely she could be female rival for Ash,but than again who knows.

Of all the options there I would choose that they age Ash, but then they'll lose the main target audience, so it's never gonna happen.

Some shows like DBZ or Naruto made time skip and they have been very succesfull,i dont think target audience would stop watching this show if characters get little older.,

But in end,your right its extremely unlikely that pokemon anime ever does time skip.

I agree with pretty much all of this,except i would rather prefer instead of Dawn,Misty joining main group(wshe has lot left to offer) for next region(or at least part of it) which would be great thing.That way wqe could have trainer,and rival for Ash.

God, can we NOT? Why do people want Misty back so much? She had her time. Let her be a Gym Leader

Ok, wow! I really wasn't expecting denim shorts! I like the design even better now, plus it looks less like Dawn's desgin than I though it would. Only thing I'm not sure about is those weird things sticking out of her shorts... is it her pockets inside out?
I like the boy design too, better than the last one.

God, can we NOT? Why do people want Misty back so much? She had her time. Let her be a Gym Leader

Ill give a hint.They liked her more than other girls,her story is unfinished like goal of becoming water master,and she has lot of untapped potential for further development.Gym was never her dream returning out of obligation.

Going by "had her time" we could say Ash and Brock had their time too,with her case being tha she didnt get enough.

You dont hve to agree with her return,but there are people who would like this.

Ill give a hint.They liked her more than other girls,her story is unfinished like goal of becoming water master,and she has lot of untapped potential for further development.Gym was never her dream returning out of obligation.

Going by "had her time" we could say Ash and Brock had their time too,with her case being tha she didnt get enough.

You dont hve to agree with her return,but there are people who would like this.

I think Brock SHOULD leave, and get replaced by Black.

But Misty never did much of anything when she traveled with Ash. She just followed them around fighting with people and yelling at Psyduck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom