• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The new US DVD gap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least America receives the TV show on DVDs eventually...the most the UK ever received was season 1 on VHS years ago and Chronicles on DVD. MangaUK said on their Facebook tried to get the UK rights, but TPCi said they had "other plans"...yeah, like what? >>

That's mainly due to universal pictures being the uk publisher of pokemon
Well, Universal Pictures have been distributing the more recent movies (although from the looks of things, they only have movies 10-14, as the recent movie 4-5 blu-ray and the movie 7 DVD are distributed by Studio Canal, while movie 6's DVD is Paramount Home Entertainment).

Depending on the companies involved, rights for shows and their respective movies can be separately or sold as a bundle. With Pokémon's case, I haven't seen anything to suggest that Universal also have the rights to the TV anime; in fact, if they did, MangaUK probably would have just stated that someone else has the rights (As they have in the past for other shows).

French s11 and s12 DVDs are apparently released by Universal/Studio Canal.

SammyW27 said:
Also...I can't help but wonder if the Team Plasma two parter may have something to do with it :-/

Those wouldn't have had any effect on the last Season 13 box set.

Australia has the best pokemon dvd collection, we already have the black and white season on dvd

I heard the Australian dvds of Galactic Battles and Sinnoh League Victors are in full screen. Can you confirm this?

Also, to the OP, there is no new gap. Viz has yet to release their dvd schedule for the months of August-December. If you remember Battle Dimensions boxset 3 was released in October 2009 and Galactic Battles boxset 4 was released in November 2011. Wait until the news of for Bleach set 14, Naruto set 12, Berserk Golden Age Part 1, or Inuyasha the Final Act dvd 1 are announced. Sinnoh League Victors set 3 will come out the same month as one of the above.

I heard the Australian dvds of Galactic Battles and Sinnoh League Victors are in full screen. Can you confirm this?
Didn't see DVDs themelves, but the "export" version of DP saga is 4:3 - it aired that way worldwide. BW, on the other hand, has "international" 16:9 and 4:3 versions.

Australia has the best pokemon dvd collection, we already have the black and white season on dvd

Also, to the OP, there is no new gap. Viz has yet to release their dvd schedule for the months of August-December. If you remember Battle Dimensions boxset 3 was released in October 2009 and Galactic Battles boxset 4 was released in November 2011. Wait until the news of for Bleach set 14, Naruto set 12, Berserk Golden Age Part 1, or Inuyasha the Final Act dvd 1 are announced. Sinnoh League Victors set 3 will come out the same month as one of the above.

Not the entire galactic battles but there is a re-release of the second collection that will most likely be full screen, i have no idea on sinnoh league victors though, i'll check it out

See? I knew we just had to be patient.

@Yoshi1001, I'm going to go ahead and close this if it's OK with you. Please PM me if you want this re-opened for any reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom