• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Old New War Room Game Schedule/Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm...if all of y'all reserving spots for Chaos Mafia started sending us the characters now, it might help shorten the time between signups closing and the game starting.
You say "us" but Flop is the only one mentioned as host in the list. Am I correct when I assume that I should send you the pm too?

Just to let people know that Doctor Floptopus's Totally Bastard UK Politics Mafia-style Game II: Brexit Edition resulted in a hung parliament and as such I am calling a re-election. Spots can be reserved, it can be played so long as we have 15 people (though 18 is preferred) and it will be super fun and amazing if you join.
Also, please add Chaos Mafia III to the special games queue. Due to the nature of this game I'd like to open sign ups as soon as possible, and start no later than the 31st of August (the 14th is preferred, but this may not be possible for me).
I'm looking for a co-host for this, though if @Maniacal Engineer wants the spot it's his.

I'll take it, @Doctor Floptopus. It was a lot of fun last year. :D

You say "us" but Flop is the only one mentioned as host in the list. Am I correct when I assume that I should send you the pm too?
As you can see above ME was asked to be co-host. The queue hadn't reflected this change yet. I've fixed it now :)

Because of the current size and activity of The War Room, the limit for number of Small Games, Large Games, Mentor Games and Non-Mafia Games games in signups is 1 game each. There is currently no limit to how many games can be ongoing at the same time. This may change in the future depending on activity.

Small Games
- Hunter x Hunter: Battle In Yorknew City [15p] (Hosted by @jdthebud ) [locked in place]
- ASDF Movie Mafia [11p] (Hosted by @Elementar ) [locked in place]
- ME Movies Mafia [15p] (Hosted by @the OLDEN one and @Maniacal Engineer )
- Digi-Mafia Adventure [15p] (Hosted by @Lone_Garurumon ) [Moderator On Duty: TheCapsFan]
- 123 Mafia [9p] (Hosted by @Zexy )
- Kirby Reverse Mafia [15p] (Hosted by @returnofMCH and @Pikochu )
- Normal Mafia [12p] (Hosted by @Jsach )
- 90s Game Mafia [15p] (Hosted by @returnofMCH and @Rainbow Cloud )
- Jack's Bot Adventures [10p] (Hosted by @jackatlasred )
- Town of Salem: Coven Classic [15p] (Hosted by @CheffOfGames )
- Bulbagarden Sections Mafia [15p] (Hosted by @Rainbow Cloud and @SoaringDylan ) [Moderator on Duty: SoaringDylan]
- Star Trek Mafia [15p] (Hosted by @Zachie) [Moderator on Duty: SoaringDylan]

Large Games
- Pokemon Z-Crystal Mafia [18p] (Hosted by @Kyriaki ) [locked in place]
- You decide the rules Mafia* [18p] (Hosted by @CheffOfGames and @SoaringDylan ) [Moderator on Duty: Maniacal Engineer]
- Zelda Mafia [22p] (Hosted by @Sword Master and @The Booty Warrior)
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon World [20p] (Hosted by @Pikochu and @Rainbow Cloud )
- Gameshow Mafia 2: Now with a bigger cash prize and more RNG! [16p] (Hosted by @Jsach )
- RNG Mafia [??p] (Hosted by @Rainomi )
- Chemical Compounds Mafia [??p] (Hosted by @Pikochu and @Elementar ) [Moderator on Duty: SoaringDylan]
- Imposter Pokemon [17p] (Hosted by @AussieEevee ) [Moderator on Duty: TheCapsFan]

Am I the only one that thinks this system still isn't working? I mean, I know you guys made changes to limit the number of games recently, but I still think it's too many. Like, I don't see Imposter Pokemon from happening before February... and I gotta admit, it's a little offputting.

I think so. I think we probably need to speed up the games that are coming out of the queue.

I think instead of having games being out of the queue when a game is done with sign ups, I think maybe we should have games put out of the queue like 10 days after a small game is out of sign ups and 15 days after a large game is out of sign ups.

Thoughts?

I agree those are valid concerns. At the same time though, it seems that the wait time for the games to come of the queue is a bit excessive. I mean, having a game in the queue for six months before sign ups is a bit crazy.

We don't need to allow two games happening at once though nor that the queue needs to be sped up that much.

I have a thought. It's probably bad, but hear me out.

Combine both Mafia games queues into one. Restrict hosts to only ONE game across all queues, excluding the special games and mentor queues. Two games from the new combined mafia games queue would be in sign ups at a time.

What does everyone think of that idea?

6 months long queue is far too long, IMO.

EDIT: The restrictions in this would include host & cohost seats (But not MoD for obvious reasons)

Last edited:
The new queue system was intially created so all hosts get a fair go yeah, especially newer ones? So, why don't we have a system where newer hosts get automatic bumps up into the queue? Regular hosts just put in games like normal, and newer hosts or hosts who haven't hosted too much either get their game(s) put higher up in the queue rather than last, or have the option to put it in the special queue. This is the idea I pitched before. And I'm going to be honest, I'm not a large fan of the current system. But I'm for anything that can help make the queue more efficient :)

I have a thought. It's probably bad, but hear me out.

Combine both Mafia games queues into one. Restrict hosts to only ONE game across all queues, excluding the special games and mentor queues. Two games from the new combined mafia games queue would be in sign ups at a time.

What does everyone think of that idea?

6 months long queue is far too long, IMO.

EDIT: The restrictions in this would include host & cohost seats (But not MoD for obvious reasons)
That might work out, restricting everyone's games by 1 at a time is like a more extreme version of the current one.

If we do end up going down this route, I feel it would be best to add new games to the new, combined queue, and let the two old queues just run themselves out. That'll just make it easier on the mods and such since they won't have to trawl through the thread to find the original post dates to determine queue order.

Why should a 10 person game wait for a 22 person game to finish? The queue will take longer when people decide they don't want to join the large-ass game, or they finally fill it up after 12 days, then wait while it takes the 2-3 weeks for the game to run & complete.

I'm highly against this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom