• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Weekly Prompt Thread

So the prompt of the week is the day Sonic mania was announced? The technical difficulties they had when trying to show the trailer anyways.

Your prompt this week:

Your character has an amazing dream about being a mage and hearing a voice telling them to "awaken." They wake up to start the day and everything seems normal until they find a strange star-like marking on the back of their hand. Was it really just a dream?

What powers did your character get? How does your character react to having powers? Do they use their powers for good, or evil?

I want to respond to last week's prompt by starting with this one:

Your prompt this week:

What do you think would happen if your Pokémon came along to the grocery store?

I talked about this with some other people and drafted some scenes around it. I know that Pavs did a scene inspired by a similar prompt about a bath. In general, most stories on this site are trainer fics. And if not most, at least a plurality. And those tend not to focus on the day to day tasks of animal husbandry and wilderness traveling. I.E. Where the food comes from, how grooming and accommodations work, how long it takes to camp, what happens when you get lost or the trails are blocked.

So I think little day to day things that most trainers would have to deal with are some of the best prompts. They're specific enough that it's easy to start visualizing the scene, but universal enough that a lot of stories on site could have a variant of the scene.

I'm not saying all of them have to be like that (there are plenty of authors it wouldn't apply to), but seeing more like that would be nice.

Suggestion:

Cyrus has returned from the Distortion World now in control of Giratina. He managed to control Dialga ana Palkia against via the Red Chains. Arceus has awaken.

Your prompt this week:

Suppose it was possible to implant Z Crystals inside of humans, granting them superpowers. Your character is one of the first few that has survived the battery of physical and mental tests to become one of the first ones to undergo Z Infusion, as the process is called.

Which of the 18 type based Z Crystals does your character choose? What powers (besides a longer lifespan and dramatically increased defense) does this Z Crystal grant your character?

Your prompt this week:

Suppose the Pokeworld had a grand theater company that combined acting, music, dancing, acrobatics, aquatics, puppetry, stage combat, stage archery, and martial arts into a performance one has to see to believe.

Your character is one of the newbie performers in this company--what are their talents? What roles are they best at? What roles do they hope to play?

Your prompt this week:

Across Ash's many adventures, there have been some pretty strange festivals and events he has stumbled upon. So now it's your turn to create a weird festival for the party to stumble upon!

What obscure Pokemon or profession does this festival celebrate? What lore is behind it? What events are part of the festival? And what happens when Team Rocket inevitably shows up?

Your prompt this week was suggested by @SinnohEevee :

Suppose Cyrus returned from the Distortion World now in control of Giratina. On top of that, he managed to control Dialga ana Palkia against via the Red Chains. The only way to stop him now is to awaken Arceus...so how do you go about this?

Your prompt this week, inspired by the rumored titles:

Suppose the two rumored Pokemon games (Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokemon Let's Go Eevee) were remakes of Yellow from both Ash's (Let's Go Pikachu) and Gary's perspective (Let's Go Eevee) How would it feel to see the events of RBY from Gary's POV? What would you want to see on either Ash's route or Gary's route?

Back
Top Bottom