• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Weekly Prompt Thread

The young man stood motionless, awestruck to behold the guardian of the seas. The magnificent diving Pokémon spread its arm-like wings before him, and time seemed to slow down in the presence of Lugia.

His mouth moved silently a few times until he could find his voice, so enraptured was he. “Are you...are you the one known as Lugia?” he asked.

Beaming into his head as if the sound came from all directions at once, Lugia communicated to him in an ethereal manner. “Yes, my lad; I am Lugia, trio master of the legendary birds. I have brought you here because you’re the chosen one.”

Shoujo stars flickered in the boy’s widened eyes, and he marveled at the implications of a legendary being summoning him, of all people. He was almost beyond words. “The..chosen one?”

”Yes, Ash Ketchum of Kanto, you are the chosen hero of your world,” Lugia said without seeming to move or produce audial noise.

The stars blinked out from the young man’s eyes, however. His momentary lapse in reason tapered off, and he cleared his throat while wondering how a mere mortal such as himself could correct such an elegant being. ”Well...my name isn’t Ash Ketchum. I’m actually from Galar region; I’ve never heard of someone named Ash...”

Lugia’s brow furrowed and its neck crooked down. It squinted at the boy, trying to get a better look at the human face. “Oh...well, this is awkward,” the legendary bird master said. This time, it was the enormous Pokémo’s turn to clear its throat. “It seems I might have summoned the wrong person...”

”No, wait, I can still be your chosen one!” the young man protested desperately.

Lugia frowned sympathetically but didn’t grant enough time to make an appeal. “Well, listen, kid, I’ll put you on the shortlist and reconsider if the actual chosen hero isn’t available. It was a pleasure to meet you. Don’t call me, I’ll call you.”

Before the young man could even ask how exactly Lugia would find him again, he found himself falling through a swirling vortex between dimensions, and he tumbled out through a portal back to the Galar region. Right above a garbage dumpster. Thus ended the no-name’s only experience ever with a legendary.

Your prompt this week is coming early:

"You don't understand, Chairman Rose. I can't give up. I won't give up!"

Your characters have finally confronted Chairman Rose and Eternatus, and you need to buy time for Zacian and Zamazenta to get there and save the world! So what happens next in this scene?

The young man typed furiously on his computer, attempting to complete the last sentences of his online assignment before his favorite show started. He’d been working so hard there in his room, and for so long, that he didn’t want his concentration to be interrupted. Fate, however, had decided differently.

”Who left dirty dishes on the counter?” came his mother’s voice from downstairs.

”It wasn’t me!” the boy answered back while still speed typing.

The sound of clanking dishes reached him from downstairs, followed by the doorbell, and someone’s phone ringing. “I need someone to answer the phone or the door; pick one!” his mother called again in a perfect storm of distraction from his work.

Sighing at his poor luck, he scooted his chair back and stood up. His father had gone to run an errand and his siblings both had jobs, leaving the boy to walk downstairs, work interrupted, to answer the door. The cursor on his post to the class forum blinked, waiting patiently for his return. In yet another stroke of bad luck, the cursor didn’t have to wait that long.

Sitting atop his end table like a decoration, the boy’s Roggenrola had been watching his work intently. Though it couldn’t quite comprehend what was going on, the rock creature understood that it’s human felt frustrated and pressed for time. Hopping off the table and up on the desk, the bluish-grey Pokémon inspected the screen with its single eye. It had watched the boy type on the computer before and felt that, having seen the repetitive action so many times, it could help its pet human.

Bending forward on its little feet as best it could, the Roggenrola used the oblong stone atop its head to push the suggested words at the bottom of the screen. The words from the computer’s wretched autosuggest were quite random, forming the phrase: ‘BITCHGOBLET HAMSTER RENTAL.‘ Satisfied that it had done good by its human, the Roggenrola hit the ‘enter’ key which it had seen used so many times, posted the uniquely concluded homework assignment, and promptly rolled down the stairs to help answer the phone.

Back
Top Bottom