• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Next Stadium?

Youngster_Joey

Hurrrrr...
Reaction score
I apologize if this is the wrong section, but it seems with every new generation, there is at least one "Stadium" spin-off game that comes with it, where you can transfer your pokemon to your home console and battle with shiny new 3D graphics on the big screen.

So what do you think they'll do with the new Stadium game? What new features are you hoping for? Do you want a return to form like the original N64 title, or something more like Colosseum? Do you even care for the stadium series to begin with?

Personally, I'd prefer something just like Battle Revolution only WITH MINIGAMES. There is no telling how bored I will get just battling over and over again. The current one even fails to live up to the N64 stadium games in that respect.

Want plot like the GC games had. Want mini-games like the N64 games had. Want better graphics/interactivity than PBR has.

I bet that it'll have a story mode that's mainly triple battle focused.

Hopefully they'll improve the graphics. The main games have full animation now. To still impress, the console games have to up their ante!

Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be PBR2. I mean the games obviously going to be on the Wii, and if they are going to do any sort of battle game, its going to be a PBR2. A story is likely, but perhaps not cause of none in the first.

^I can see a Triple-Battle based game too. Colosseum and XD both had Double Battles as a standard. In R/S double battles were a relatively uncommon occurrence, only happening every once in a while. I took it that they made Colosseum and XD Double Battle Standard to intentionally please the fans that wanted to play double battles more.
I honestly can't see Triple Battles being a super common occurrence in Black/White. And so, Triple Battle Standard Spin Off? It makes sense. ...To me anyway.

The fact that no Wii game is scheduled for release this year is already a good sign that we will be treated to more than just a second take on PBR (released a mere three months after Diamond and Pearl). A late 2011 release date should give Genius Sonority enough time to take Colosseum and XD to the next level, and by that I mean that a Battle Mode will be present with various features, but the focus will be on an expanded Story Mode. Contrary to popular belief, a 3D RPG was in the works by Game Freak even before the first Stadium game, but the project was scrapped; my point is that Colosseum was a return to form as opposed to a deviation.

While I'm not one to care about graphics, I'd think that five years would be enough to make this quality a reality. At the very least, Creatures should finish what they started in PBR in terms of updating the models of the first 251 Pokémon.

Last edited:
Maybe it could be a combination of Stadium and Colosseum/XD (it would have mini-games and a storyline to follow).

Hopefully they'll improve the graphics. The main games have full animation now. To still impress, the console games have to up their ante!

I agree with you. I can't say I was that impressed upon seeing the graphics of PBR. Some of the proportions of certain pokemon also looked incorrect, like Machamp's short, stubby legs and huge chest.

The animation kind of felt like the developers didn't even bother to hire a good, professional animator to do any of the movements. So yeah, they would need to step it up.

I liked the originals better, so I'd like a return to that, I suppose. But a mix of both would definitely be the best.

I like the rpg of the GC games
I like the play of BR
I like the minigames ang GYM LEADER CASTLE of the stadium games

I liked the little make a trainer thing, but pre-made models?

Do not want.

I think the next Stadium will have Reshiram and Zekrom on the front, will be for the Wii, and will have an in-game Musharna distribution.

Also, I call a 3DS enhanced feature that when connecting to this game, the battle is shown in 3D on-screen.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom