• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Nuzlocke Thread

Reaction score
Post updates on Nuzlockes here. For example, my Shuppet died, Cucumber, and I replaced it with a Sharpedo, Broccoli. My Pelipper died, Turnip, and I replaced it with my Shiny Wingull, Grapefruit. My Loudred died, I replaced it with a Phanpy, Brussels Sprout. (Actually BruselSprt, but hey!)

I need to get back to mine on my secondary copy of XY (X to be specific). Let's see ... where was I...?

Oh yeah, right at the start of the game, after picking Fennekin and catching a Pidgey I traded Fennekin off to my primary XY game in exchange for a Zorua egg, who gets to be my 'official' starter for this run.

...starting with a Lv.1 Pokemon is not easy. Pidgey died before I could reach Santalune forest which put me in a bind because of Kotaro's limited PP and low level. No PCs before Santalune so it's either I press onwards with a dead Pidgey in my team or I go back for healing. In the meantime I am picking my wild opponents very carefully and totally using HP Restoring O-Power Lv.1 . By some miracle I beat that trainer's Zigzagoon, then caught a Fletchling (Firefly) in Santalune.

Anyway, latest update was that Firefly (now a Fletchinder) died around Kalos Route 8 -- stupid Lv.28 Sky Trainer in a Lv.18 Pokemon area, its Mantyke just Water Pulsed the poor bird off the field. Well, I suppose that spares it Grant's Gym and the dreaded Hedvig Hawlucha later on, but....

Other team members at the present time include Shaggy (Furfrou), Astley (Dunsparce), Abby (Charmeleon), and Tassel (Honedge). And I am definitely not looking forward to that Hawlucha....

I love nuzlockes. I am currently working on my Wonderlocke on X right now.
I just wish the Pokemon wouldn't level up so easily.

Even without the EXP.Share that run isn't very challenging.

Ive beenndoing one on Black 2. Im training for burgh, and i cannot seem to keep anyone alive at all.
Oh, and my friend told me to use names of people I know as Nicknamed. Makes losing them 2x harder.

Current team:
Leavanny(Aubri)
Koffing(James)

R.I.P
Tepig(Jake)
Patrat(Remi)
Zubat(Nicki)
Woobat(Kiley)

Awright, the previous Emerald Nuzlocke has disappeared due to some error when trying to transfer my dead Pokemon to my HeartGold. I started a new one.
Treecko (Dagger)
Poochyena (Doge) just had to do it.
Zigzagoon (Nugger) yup-CHICKEN NUGGER
Cascoon (Sweer) yes-SWEER POTATO
Taillow (Spearwing)

Yarr, me be verrrry lucky! I just wanted a little Seedot, instead of Sweer (no offense, at least you're becoming a Dustox!)

I love nuzlockes. I am currently working on my Wonderlocke on X right now.
I just wish the Pokemon wouldn't level up so easily.

Even without the EXP.Share that run isn't very challenging.

Well the fact that they all get bonus EXP sort of helps. I lost my Y Nuzlocke.

Awright, the previous Emerald Nuzlocke has disappeared due to some error when trying to transfer my dead Pokemon to my HeartGold. I started a new one.
Treecko (Dagger)
Poochyena (Doge) just had to do it.
Zigzagoon (Nugger) yup-CHICKEN NUGGER
Cascoon (Sweer) yes-SWEER POTATO
Taillow (Spearwing)

Yarr, me be verrrry lucky! I just wanted a little Seedot, instead of Sweer (no offense, at least you're becoming a Dustox!)

I lost a Sapphire Nuzlocke yesterday... Started over(Wedlocke this time. Yeah, I lost two Nuzlockes and started a Wedlocke. I never learn :p) and now I have
Mudkip(Skipper)
Poochyena(Can't remember)
Zigzagoon(Rocky)

I'll be starting my Nuzlocke soon on my Y version. (wanted to get items and meet Lysandre again <3)
If Lysandre kills my Pokemon or Sycamore that'll be really awkward as I like them the most :/
I'll be doing a Game Of Thrones Nuzlocke under house Stark. Will get a Froakie called Robb if male and Arya if female.

I shall probably start the Nuzlocke sometime next week.

For my run, I have defined a 'Revival' clause and a 'Continue' clause. The former means standard in-battle Revives only, after battle the Pokemon is declared dead (currently with an exception specified in the event of a wild Pokemon using Self Destruct, but this remains to be tested). The latter means that in the event of a total party defeat (at which point a traditional Nuzlocke run ends completely), the last team member standing is allowed to be revived so the player can build a new team around them. (This also remains to be tested -- and if I can make it past Shalour without needing it, it will be a miracle.)

For my run, I have defined a 'Revival' clause and a 'Continue' clause. The former means standard in-battle Revives only, after battle the Pokemon is declared dead (currently with an exception specified in the event of a wild Pokemon using Self Destruct, but this remains to be tested). The latter means that in the event of a total party defeat (at which point a traditional Nuzlocke run ends completely), the last team member standing is allowed to be revived so the player can build a new team around them. (This also remains to be tested -- and if I can make it past Shalour without needing it, it will be a miracle.)

Depending on how your team works out, and how much you level, you could very likely survive past Shalour. If I had given myself a Continue Clause on my Sapphire(I probably should have, since I've never beaten one before :p) I would have had a Manectric left at Winona. That would have been cool. Could have trained up my Magnemite to help out. Alas, I've already started over :p
I obtained a Shroomish!
Shroomish (Fungirl)
Yup, female. That had to happen.

Lol, nice :p

Depending on how your team works out, and how much you level, you could very likely survive past Shalour.
It's not the level, it's the types primarily. My main is a Zorua and three team members include a Dunsparce, Furfrou, and Amaura. Crippling weakness to Fighting going on here. Fortunately I also have a Honedge for that damned Hawlucha (unless it has a Dark technique too, but I don't think so).

I did not define a 'first wild Pokemon' clause so much as an 'as soon as possible' clause, but I did define a 'one per species/family' clause.

Depending on how your team works out, and how much you level, you could very likely survive past Shalour.
It's not the level, it's the types primarily. My main is a Zorua and three team members include a Dunsparce, Furfrou, and Amaura. Crippling weakness to Fighting going on here. Fortunately I also have a Honedge for that damned Hawlucha (unless it has a Dark technique too, but I don't think so).

I did not define a 'first wild Pokemon' clause so much as an 'as soon as possible' clause, but I did define a 'one per species/family' clause.

Ah. Yeah, Korrina is probably going to hurt a LOT. How many encounter locations do you have left before Shalour? You might get something nice en route.

Ah. Yeah, Korrina is probably going to hurt a LOT. How many encounter locations do you have left before Shalour? You might get something nice en route.
I'm in Cyllage currently, and still have to take down Grant first. No Lucario this time so I can't just sweep him like I did in Y, but if Dunsparce can get a good Rollout combo going against his Amaura....

I am, however, very much looking forward to catching a Hawlucha. Or even a Sigilyph.

Poor Dunsparce ... not much love for this Pokemon family. She almost died against a wild Spoink, and while I hate to say it I would have wasted no time finding a replacement for her.

Oh, and I do have a Run clause: Originally I had ruled "no running unless the wild Pokemon kills something", but that turned out to be unenforceable (when my Lv.3 Pidgey died in the middle of Route 2, even before Santalune Forest) so I changed it to "no running unless the party has a casualty". No way was I challenging wild Weedles and their Poison Stings with a lonely underlevelled Zorua (seriously, how that fox ever made it to Lv.5 at all was a miracle).

I'm not sure if Hawlucha has a 4th move, but it's got Hone Claws, Power-Up Punch, and its signature, Flying Press.
Anyways, back in Hoenn...

RIP
Nugger
Zigzagoon
Male
My first death.
Stupid Whismur. At least I caught it to replace Nugger!
Vengea (I should have called her Murderess) Whismur Female

I'm not sure if Hawlucha has a 4th move, but it's got Hone Claws, Power-Up Punch, and its signature, Flying Press.
Still not as bad as the Hedvig's, though, what with it having Aerial Ace, Karate Chop and Rock Tomb(!) ... Flying/Fighting/Rock is seriously a lot of type coverage.

Only one pokemon fainted in my current nuzlocke run of Y, which was Butterfree! Already beaten 2nd gym too!

God I suck at Nuzlockes but I keep trying em haha.

Im tempted to restart B2, as my nuzlocke is failing miserably. Any advice?

Im right before burg and my part is a level 20 koffing. Thats it. I have 6 dead mons, with my leavanny being the most recent, dying to a crit. hit Wing Attack(or smthn like that)

Any advice? Im really tempted to restart

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom