• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Occultists (Start-Up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm not seeing anything potentially dangerous here... I don't get it." Said Lequan as he was about to leave the exhibit being renovated.

"...Yeah." the stranger managed, even though he blatantly wasn't. Getting to his feet, he rather shakily introduced himself. "'Spose I should introduce myself. I'm John Duncan, used to be a priest-in-training at a church up North, then..." He suddenly sat down again, barely avoiding falling off the chair. "Damn... Well, I need your help. I overheard you in the park earlier... you're occultists, right? People who work with demon stuff?"

"Yes I am sir" Tye replied, he nodded down to his pistols on his hips and then to the massive sword on his back. "Their not just for show" He laughed. "What is it that you need help with?" Tye asked.

"I got a demon problem." the increasingly strained John managed. He tapped his head by means of emphasis. "Poss..ession. Or something. He uses my voice, sometimes..." he whispered, bitterness creeping in. "I lost my priesthood and my position in society when he took over my throat and spent a good 10 minutes spewing blasphemous lies at the vicar. Frankly, I'm amazed I got out of there alive...." He leant forward with a heavy sigh. "I don't know what to do. I tried to ask God through prayer, but the presence in my mind says I'm better off without him 'for now' and won't let me."

His fists tightened. "A lie."

"This is like my mom, Lumina, told me about?" Alice asked. "If only I had better control over light... I could get rid of it." She said.

Lequan headed back to the greek exhibit. He walked around for a bit then took a look at a astonishingly large representation of the appearance of Zeus. "I wasn't really a fan of the benevolent gods of greek mythology. Aha..."

Lequan suddenly heard a faint growl. "Human....." is what the voice said before fading.

"What was that?..." Lequan asked himself. "I could've swore.."

"Uhhh.. aaa..." was the man's only reply, before he turned suddenly to the girl, his voice quite subtly and horrifically changing. "No. I doubt you could." John? said, leaning back and taking all of the occulists in with a critical eye. His eyes had hardened - this was clearly not the same John the occultists knew.

"Oh, I'm so powerless... How can I even call myself an Angel?" Alice asked herself.

"You can't." the not-quite-John replied. "You're an angel-spawn. Half-angel. That's just logic! Honestly, do I have to explain everything to you halfwits?" He sighed and turned back to the occultists. "So, little occultists, you think you're all ready to hunt yourself some demons, do you?" He laughed, a cold, unearthly sound that resonated around the museum. "How pathetic. You're not going to hunt ANYTHING in this state."

"Eh, I'll keep looking at these here Greek gods. Whoever sculps these things are good at what they do." Lequan began to whistle.

The voice echoed in his head once more.
"Human......pathetic worm.." it faded again.

"Now I'm sure I'm not hearing things,but what the hell is calling me?.. Is this place haunted?" Lequan shuddered a little.

OOC: waiting for Grit to advance the plot .-.

"Stop it!" Alice cried with tears in her eyes. "This isn't right! Why are you hurting John like this!"

"So I can get a word in edgeways. It's all 'AVAUNT, FOUL OPPOSER!' and 'BACK TO THE DEEPEST PIT WITH THEE!' whenever I try and tell him something. You didn't seriously think I was doing this to amuse myself, did you?" The John-creature suddenly crumpled. "Oh come o-"

John sat up suddenly, sweat pouring out of his head in buckets as he glared wildly at the surrounding occultists. "What happened? What did he do!?"

"What's with all the screaming? Is it that time of the month or something?" Lequan asked himself. "I'm sure it's nothing a guy with pistols,and a sword can't deal with, or is it just the strange man,and his constipation problems? He makes some funny faces." Lequan laughed as he admired a sculpture of Aphrodite.

"If by he, you mean you, you yelled to yourself a little. Are you possessed?" Seamus asked.

"Boss? I don't think that's a night janitor." Miyamoto said, pointing to a figure in a black, hooded robe who was walking through a nearby hallway. He spotted the group and dashed off towards the section on Ancient Egypt.

"I think that's enough of admiring the Greek myths." Lequan left the exhibit then saw a cloaked figure dash into the Egypt section. "Who the?..." He ran after the mysterious person.

John stared at Seamus. "Yes. Yes I was. What clued you in?" he snapped, his sarcasm suddenly cutting off with a strained gurgle as his head hung down before suddenly snapping back up again. "No time for your whining, I believe we have a job to do."

He stood slowly, shakily, his black angelic wings materialising and unfolding as his expression changed wildly.
"STOP IT! GET OUT!"
"No and no. I'm not just going to let you curl up in a corner and pray all your problems away. Trust me, I'm a professional." He gave his wings an experimental flap. "Just as I remembered them, heh. Now where did that figure go?"

OOC: Yeesh, I go to a one-year-old's birthday party and I miss a crap-ton of stuff.

Ame, disguised as a night janitor, had seen a mysterious robed figure and thought 'Hey, that must be what we were told to go here.'

Natturally, as it was a suspicious character, Ame decided to act in character. "Hey! Your not supposed to be in here!"

Tye turned to see the fleeing figure, then he looked back to the possessed boy "I'll help you later, but right now I have to see who that hooded man is" He took off, going much faster than an average human. Quickly he covered distance, heading through exhibits to cut off the man at the other entrance to the Ancient Egypt display. Tye had made it through a few before he saw the passage to the ancient Egypt exhibit.

Kyoko ran from her spot outside the museum into the museum. She passed out while watching the other Occultists, and she had to make up some lost ground.

OOC: Ah,birthdays..

"What the hell am I doing? That guy is probably armed,and I don't have anything to fight with. Why was I sent an e-mail in the first place? I don't know!"Lequan tried to keep up with the cloaked figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom