• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The Off-Site Mafia Events and Advertising Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Welcome to The Off-Site Mafia Events Thread. In this thread only, you are allowed to advertise mafia games that will be played on other websites. Invitations and planning for cross-over mafia games or other related events and discussion about them are also welcome here.

All Forum Rules and War Room rules apply. This thread should only be used to advertise mafia games off-site, any other forms of website advertisment and spam are not allowed.

Gonna re-post this for those that may be interested.

JaggedJimmyJay said:
Hello Bulbagarden Mafia crew.

I'm not sure if this thread is in an appropriate place, if not please accept my apology and move it as necessary. Some of you may remember me; I played in one game here (The 100, hosted by DrumBeats) somewhat recently. It was a very neat experience and I was impressed by the community here for its Mafia skill and more importantly its gamesmanship and respect.

I'm coming as a representative of The Syndicate, a Mafia-dedicated forum that a few of you are already well aware of. We've had recent participation from DrumBeats, Zexy, and leetic, and it's been awesome to play with those guys. With this in mind, we had the idea to initiate a cross-over match, in which we invite a larger number of players from a friendly community to play a game with us on The Syndicate in the spirit of getting our players together and good competition.

We've done this once before. The Syndicate hosted a cross-over match with the Mafia community of Rate Your Music (my own original Mafia home), and it was a wonderful success. It forged a lasting connection between the two Mafia communities and my own presence here representing The Syndicate is evidence of that. We'd love to make that happen again if we can, and Bulbagarden was easily the first option to come to my mind. We've already started to create a relationship with this community on some level.

We have one game currently in sign-ups which would suit this possibility perfectly. It is themed for the centuries-old novel "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" by Lo Kuan-chung. It is designed to be a rather large game at 38 players. You should know that The Syndicate is built from members and former members of a number of smaller satellite Mafia communities which all have their own cultures and understanding of the game, so that means there will be some differences in their perception of what the rules should be, what roles are called, etc. It doesn't take long to pick it up though, and this game is an open setup anyway.

Link to the game's sign-up thread: The Syndicate • View topic - Romance of the Three Kingdoms (SIGN-UPS)

There is no maximum number of people we'd welcome from Bulbagarden except any number which would fill up the game. You're all welcome. :)

Either way, I hope you're all doing well around here. Thanks for reading this post, which is probably longer than it needed to be. I have a way of doing that. If anyone has any questions, please just stick 'em right here and I'll be happy to answer.

oh and caps and I MIGHT do a twitchplayspokemon themed mafia on pokecommunity depending on whether or not we get FE mafia II done
I'll keep you guys posted in that case

Hello guys

Once again, thanks for participating in this year's Mafia Championship. It was great to have you be represented, and hopefully you'll be there for next year's season as well :)

I thought you might be interested to know that the finale for this season finally started yesterday. 136 communities, 9 games and almost 6 months later - it's finally time for the final 17 players to battle it out to find out who player will earn the title of the Internet's best mafia/werewolf player.

Want to spectate the finale?

If any people from your community are interested in following along and spectating, you can find the game thread here: Game Thread: Season 3, Final Game: The Koopa Troop [DAY ONE]

The OP post contains a spoiler box called "Threadmarks". Inside this, a table of links to important events will be automatically generated. I.e. it will link to the various day and night starts, for example, making it easier for spectators to get an overview of the game. Day 1 ends tonight at 8 PM EST.

If you'd also like to chat with other spectators about the game, we have a huge chat on Skype with almost 200 people. If you're a social butterfly, this is also just a great opportunity to talk with other mafia/werewolf enthusiasts about whatever - it's a very friendly bunch. Join this chat by adding me on Skype: thingyman (the one with a picture).

Additionally, you can also join the on-site spectator thread by PM'ing "Thingyman" on the site. Note that activation emails will probably go to your spam folder. If you are having trouble with anything, try PM'ing me here.

Hydra event interest?

At least a dozen different communities this year expressed an interest in a so-called "hydra event". If you don't know what "hydra" means, it's when two people share the same account (two heads). So the idea is that each participating community can send a hydra of two players, the advantage of which is that it's maybe easier to be active when two players are both playing on the same account, and it's also just a lot of fun.

If you are interested in participating in such an event, do let me know and I'll start making a list of interested communities. I don't expect all 135 communities to participate in this at all, so it'll most likely be a smaller thing and obviously it will just be for fun.

Thanks for alerting us, @Thingyman;

I believe there might be interest for Bulbagarden participating in the hydra event, if anything comes up regarding that I'll let you know in MU.

Hydra would indeed be fun, I wouldnt want to pull down any other players that want to play [emoji14]

Hydra Games are fun. I will second/fourth the we're interested.

Im currently hosting a game on a brand new forum a friend created, we would appreciate any activity/players for the new game we have.

Its an open setup 9er, as we are hoping to get some new mafia players also playing with an experienced crowd, the thread is located here

Regarding the hydra event,

If anyone is interested and they've found a partner, please shoot me a PM here. In a couple of weeks, I'll check back and if I've received a PM, I'll add you to the list and start scheduling it with you. If you want, Bulbagarden can send multiple hydras, that's no problem.

EDIT:

Have made a thread now: Hydra Event 2016

Last edited:
Does it have to be Mafia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom