• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Future Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So interesting idea... could Sun and Moon have a different graphical system to gen 6.
2c601e5a7746bc61d375f81d1ed09638.jpg
A bit of a stretch, but Sun and Moon could be cel shaded (like Wind Waker) to make the colours brighter and vibrant, and improve the graphics from gen 6.

What if since we can't transfer mons from rby to oras or xy but to sun and Moon that means we can't transfer any Pokemon for the previous gens except rby?
They literally advertised the DS system as the first time games could connect to old games from different hardware...as they were talking about how Pokemon's communications have gotten more sophisticated. I seriously doubt they've dropped connectivity to Gen VI for connectivity to Gen I VGC

So interesting idea... could Sun and Moon have a different graphical system to gen 6.
A bit of a stretch, but Sun and Moon could be cel shaded (like Wind Waker) to make the colours brighter and vibrant, and improve the graphics from gen 6.
Ready for that kind of graphical style, I personally didn't care for XY's generic anime-esque aesthetic, WindWaker Cel shading and vibrant colors are what could save the 3DS's bland coloration issues

Well, I did manage to wake up in time to watch the Pokemon Direct live. I didn't even need to set an alarm. My excitement and anxiety waking me up throughout the night to check the time were my alarm. Plus, I had some strange dreams like that one of the games would only work on the Gamecube and another one where only the Sinnoh starters were available. I like the Sinnoh starters, but I was so confused in the dream.

Anyway, the montage focusing on people playing the game was nice and it was a different little celebration of the franchise than I thought we'd get. Seeing them showcase each generation throughout the years was also pretty nice. I'm actually a bit sad that we knew about these games a day early since we didn't learn too much more about them other that they are real. Plus, I don't think that anyone would have expected Sun and Moon before yesterday. Everyone was thinking either Z or Rainbow, so this would have been more of a surprise without those logos being leaked, especially when this was announcing new games right for the 20th anniversary. It was still a nice Direct, but the impact is a bit loss there. Although, given that we've had a huge dry spell of news for months, I should be happy that we have gotten anything to discuss at any point.

It definitely seems like it is the seventh generation. The bird Pokemon they showed in the behind the scenes bit looked new, they listed all of the other generations before getting to Sun and Moon, it's referred to as a new era for Pokemon and the official site says that there will be new Pokemon. We still don't know for sure, but it seems pretty unlikely that they'd do this is if it was a continuation of Kalos only. I do like the idea that we could have Kalos as a post-storyline content similar to what happened in Johto, so that might be possible. It would be an interesting way to start a generation, while tying up a few loose ends in the previous one at the same time.

The few designs they showed looked pretty nice. The new Pokemon Center looked cool, the cars looks pretty neat and the area with the Horsea fountain was beautiful. We still need to see a trailer, but at least we got a few little bits of what the games look like. We'll have to wait until CoroCoro comes out to give us something more, although the official site might update sooner than that as well. At least we should be well past the dry spell of news with this announcement. It's going to be a long wait until S/M come out, but I'm hoping that they'll be worth the wait.

I'm also really happy that R/B/Y are compatible with Pokemon Bank. That would make it so much easier to level them up after the storyline, although I don't know if I could use Pokemon Bank to send them back to R/B/Y afterwards. It was still a pretty nice surprise and a good way to have older Pokemon players find in the older games to be used in the upcoming S/M games.

Ready for that kind of graphical style, I personally didn't care for XY's generic anime-esque aesthetic, WindWaker Cel shading and vibrant colors are what could save the 3DS's bland coloration issues
I agree, I think it would be a great choice for GameFreak, and it will show that is a completely new generation, and facial expressions will be a lot better.
I see a lot of positives for GF using this graphical style.

while this seems like a new gen, which is of course exciting, I can't believe that Kalos is finshed and if it is, I won't be too happy. The other thing thats interesting for me is that its a Horsea statue, a Red lookalike, and the RBY are only compatible with SM, so quite a few gen 1 links.

Guys, I know Sun and Moon are the big news, but can we talk about Gen VII being filled to brim with Fissure No Guard Machamp, Fly Kangaskhan and actual freakin' Missingno? They've gotta do something to prevent the world from collapsing.

Also... Are IVs and EVs going away? Is the Pokémon data structure being completely redone? Why would Sun and Moon be the only games to accept the Virtual Console Pokémon if not for the fact that Sun and Moon themselves are going to "restructure" these Pokémon - and not the Bank itself?
Sure, it can be a nasty "liked Gen I, gotta buy Gen VII" marketing scheme, but I can't help but wonder about Hidden Power Fairy and the such.

Shouldn't this thread close now that we have official confirmation of Gen VII and take any further discussion to said subforum?

Despite most of the discussion in this thread being about the next possible generation, which has now been confirmed, I don't believe the thread was made specifically for Gen VII but all types of future speculation. So I don't see a reason to close this thread because as long as the Pokemon franchise keeps going there will always be a future to speculate about.

I hope that no one seriously thinks that the new region isn't the Strange Souvenir one.

This generation has been coming since 2013. That also means that the region is far from Kalos as per the item's description.
Indeed. I'm thinking Hawaii for now. The need for off road vehicles, the American style motel, the rainbow liscence plate, and last but not least, the strange souvenir is very tiki like.

I hope that no one seriously thinks that the new region isn't the Strange Souvenir one.

This generation has been coming since 2013. That also means that the region is far from Kalos as per the item's description.
Good point. Given the location may be in Singapore, we would indeed be far from Kalos.

I bet the souvenir is used for an event, maybe akin to Zoroark.

I'm loviiiiiiiiiing how the characters seem more proportional and realistic.

Don't care for the anime style too.

ATTENTION PLEASE: Since we know what's next for the main series now, I,m going to ask you all to head over to the Sun and Moon forum, and close this thread :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom