• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Future Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as a random stray thought, what if these are the Gen VII games for the NX, and the next game will still be a standalone Rainbow for the 3DS? Would logos even exist that far ahead if that were the case? I doubt it, but, no harm in considering the possibility I suppose.

Sun & Moon are awesome, though. I want to believe...

So Pokemon Sun:
Teletubby%20Sun.jpg

So Pokemon Moon:
Zelda%20Moon.jpg

The Delta Episode was foreshadowing you guys. THE FUTURE IS SPACE. *heavy breathing*

You know what this also means, right? Europe is gonna get back at the rest of us for ORAS and get Sun and Moon before we do.:ROFLMAO:**

**Please don't think I'm serious, that's a joke if you can't tell.

The Delta Episode was foreshadowing you guys. THE FUTURE IS SPACE. *heavy breathing*

You know what this also means, right? Europe is gonna get back at the rest of us for ORAS and get Sun and Moon before we do.:ROFLMAO:**

**Please don't think I'm serious, that's a joke if you can't tell.

Here in America, I wouldn't even be mad. That OR/AS delay was screwy.

I think in the end sun and moon does fit for the 20th anniversary on a whole, like there is something from every gen going on, or mostly every gen

Gen 2 obviously with thw gold and silver names, the sun and moon indirectly themed legendaries.
Gen 3 has land and sea, fire and water. The moon controls the tide and what not.
Gen 4 has Diamond and Pearls. Time and Space. Time is eternal much like the sun and space has moons, or flow like water and tides. Diamonds are compressed rocks and can endure intense hear and what not, pearls are found in the sea, so again the tides.
Gen 6 could also fit into this kinda, with Life being represented by the moon and death with the sun.

Some of these are kiiinda a stretch, but it mostly works. Gen 1 and 5 though, I'm stumped.

Crazy stuff! Ooooh all the questions, this is getting intense. Tomorrow can't come any sooner.

Plus, if this is really Gen VII, I hope they don't skip out on the chance of DP remakes potentially down the line, what with the space influence and all. I feel these games could also have more obvious key differences between versions, and areas too, especially if they implement the Sun and the Moon actually affecting Earth's life, and gravitational stability in the solar system. Or will it simply be an eclipse for a plot thickener? Oh the questions go on and on lol. I'm officially hyped whatever game it is.

I think in the end sun and moon does fit for the 20th anniversary on a whole, like there is something from every gen going on, or mostly every gen

Gen 2 obviously with thw gold and silver names, the sun and moon indirectly themed legendaries.
Gen 3 has land and sea, fire and water. The moon controls the tide and what not.
Gen 4 has Diamond and Pearls. Time and Space. Time is eternal much like the sun and space has moons, or flow like water and tides. Diamonds are compressed rocks and can endure intense hear and what not, pearls are found in the sea, so again the tides.
Gen 6 could also fit into this kinda, with Life being represented by the moon and death with the sun.

Some of these are kiiinda a stretch, but it mostly works. Gen 1 and 5 though, I'm stumped.

Xerneas/Yveltal's comparison seems like a bigger stretch than Reshiram/Zekrom's would have been. Reshiram/Zekrom = yang/yin = basically any duality ever, but sun/moon or light/dark are typically one of the first to come to mind.

Also I think Palkia is more about geometrical space as opposed to astronomical space, but maybe that's splitting hairs; anyway the pearl's connection to water is still there.

Pokémon Moon + Pokémon Sun... + Pokémon Earth as the third version? Or are we done with the third versions entirely?

Sun.

Moon.

Star?...

300px-Kalos_alt.png

Phew, what a curveball. I actually can't get my head around these titles being the announcement in tomorrow's Direct. 'Z' went far down in my estimations after the 'Rainbow' leak, and now these crop up and very much have the feel of a new generation. Game Freak are on record as saying that they wanted to tie up Gen VI in a unique way though, so maybe these are another spin on the traditional third game (complete with the Strange Souvenir region?).

Bring on the Direct!

So if we *are* getting paired versions, then I guess that ties up the matter of those two empty game slots in the Pokémon Bank.

So do those two games we knew about being in some data a while ago not mean anything, or mean more now? Or is it just the waiting game for tomorrow I should bet on... Dude, if we get new starters and legendary's in a trailer tomorrow, similar to how they did with the XY reveal, I won't be disappointed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom