• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Future Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, you know, they're acknowledging their Chinese fanbase and a large untapped market. There was a petition awhile back to get Nintendo to localize Pokemon in Chinese. I'm not saying a fan petition worked, but I am saying that something highlighted in that petition was very good incentive for Nintendo, and thus they might have already been working on it regardless:

"With this year's Pokémon World Championship, fans from the Greater China region are rallying for localization of Pokémon games into the Chinese language. As the ban on video games have been lifted in the mainland, it is considered to be an opportune time to begin official localization of the games."

A bit prejudicial to be entertaining the notion that China paid its way into Pokemon just so you can keep on with your Kalos delusion, don't you think? Perhaps it has that "Kalos aesthetic" because its built on the same game engine...

That's not even mentioning that Singapore is an independent nation from China. Its like accusing the UK of bribing Nintendo to have a region based on New York
I always thought Singapore was a aprt of China, huh. Yeah, I guessI can back away from this, sorry.

Interestingly enough, there are rainbows all over the place. On the truck, on the horsea statue and so on.

I'll be so glad if they simplify/remove EVs/IVs. Especially IVs. No more tedious breeding, no more "perfect" Pokemon, no need for hacks and the Pokemon that accompany us throughout the main story will be equally capable of fighting competitively. YES PLEASE.
I don't mind EVs, especially since Gen VI simplified the process, since it adds to the competitive aspect. IV breeding was made a little easier with the DexNav and Friend Safari, but if those don't return...

No one should be called delusional for thinking Kalos might still have some relevance to these games. Zygarde, still, has not been wrapped up, no I'm not complaining just STATING, before you assume it's a delusion standpoint.

I'm so so excited for these games, and if people want to say "Zygarde may be related somehow" what is wrong with that, Zygarde is still VERY current and has basically just made it's debut (well Squishy), in the anime in the US.

Yay Gen VII or Gen VI, but no one is delusional at this point cause we still basically don't know much.

If there was any doubt that this is Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon will have a new world and Pokemon, note on 3D - Nintendo Everything

The official Pokemon site does offer up a couple of extra tidbits about Sun and Moon at least. Both will feature “a new world, new Pokémon, and new adventures to discover”.

By the way, we also have a small note on 3D. It seems that Sun and Moon will have similar functionality as past games. The North American presentation said that they’re in 3D, though some areas will also be playable in 3D.

"Some areas will also be playable in 3D" is interesting. 3D overworld would ve very nice, especially for important/significant areas.

H Y P E

Last edited:
"A new world, new Pokémon, and new adventures to discover."

I AM SO EXCITE.

WORLDWIDE RELEASE.

DAT POKMEON CENTER.

DAT BIRD-MON.

DAT HORSEA FOUNTAIN.

DEMS FEELS.

WHERE'S A PROPER GIF WHEN YOU NEED ONE???

OH WAIT.

zD26Xh2jJPBDy.gif

So this also confirms, that Gen 7 is the 5th gen of the 3DS. So probably 3 years max and either no remake or no third version. I can't see the generation lasting longer, since NX is already coming out this or next year.
well given that Gen VI had no third version (and is probably the Gen that truly needed it), we really can't make any leaps as to what Gen VII will look like.

So this also confirms, that Gen 7 is the 5th gen of the 3DS. So probably 3 years max and either no remake or no third version. I can't see the generation lasting longer, since NX is already coming out this or next year.

How long before:

"Earth/Sun 2 & Moon 2/Setting Sun & Rising Moon vs. Gen VIII!"

No one should be called delusional for thinking Kalos might still have some relevance to these games. Zygarde, still, has not been wrapped up, no I'm not complaining just STATING, before you assume it's a delusion standpoint.

I'm so so excited for these games, and if people want to say "Zygarde may be related somehow" what is wrong with that, Zygarde is still VERY current and has basically just made it's debut (well Squishy), in the anime in the US.

Yay Gen VII or Gen VI, but no one is delusional at this point cause we still basically don't know much.

Exactly, we've only seen some art and screenshots, no proof that Kalos or Zygarde aren't involved.

Hell, what we've seen could actually still be South Kalos and this could still be gen 6.5.

I always thought Singapore was a aprt of China, huh. Yeah, I guessI can back away from this, sorry.
Regardless of Singapore's independence, that accusation was not at all warranted given that there were more obvious reasons to localize the games in China. China has over 1.3 billion people, video games are no longer banned in the main land. Even capturing 1% of that population represents 13 million copies sold, more than all the copies of ORAS sold. That's not even including fans from Hong Kong and Taiwan who would also benefit--yes, there were people who played the games in other languages, but that would only represent a small portion of people willing to play Pokemon if it was localized.

I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get a trailer in the Direct like XY did in the 2013 Direct. The game's names obviously would've had a bigger impact had the trademarking website not spoiled the surprise yesterday though, and at least we have some idea in terms of the games' compatibility with other games. Sadly the concept art does little for me without context but I do like how unique the Pokemon Center looks in particular, and that larger building with the Horsea fountain in front is certainly intriguing. I guess we'll have to sit tight through 2016 as we get drip fed further details. :p

The best thing to come from that Direct for me was the news of compatibility between RBY VC and Sun/Moon via Pokemon Bank. It cements my decision to buy one of them tomorrow (most likely Yellow), and the time between now and Sun/Moon releasing is sufficient enough for the transfer of older gen Pokemon to new software to feel like a milestone. I wonder if this has any implications for other retro Pokemon titles releasing on the Virtual Console in the future, too.

An excellent way to kick-start the 20th Anniversary celebrations nevertheless!

If Kalos is connected to this new region, it would explain the design of some trucks. Kalos is landlocked to the east and the south.

PRECISELY, PEOPLE. DON'T STA...

Crap... forgot to turn off the caps from my last post.

Precisely, people. Don't start up the Gen 6 VS Gen 7 fight again, we still don't know the whole gist of it.

The best thing to come from that Direct for me was the news of compatibility between RBY VC and Sun/Moon via Pokemon Bank. It cements my decision to buy one of them tomorrow (most likely Yellow), and the time between now and Sun/Moon releasing is sufficient enough for the transfer of older gen Pokemon to new software to feel like a milestone. I wonder if this has any implications for other retro Pokemon titles releasing on the Virtual Console in the future, too.

An excellent way to kick-start the 20th Anniversary celebrations nevertheless!

Indeed. I'll absolutely be picking up an N3DS later this year to commemorate it, and that's what I'll play my VC and S/M games on.

It's too early to think that they are giving up on Kalos/Zygarde. They might pull a Gen II and have give us the ability to re-visit Kalos. Fans have been asking for another Gen II case for years.

Maybe the new region has connections with Kalos or a common history. Maybe... Maybe... Maybe...

If Kalos is connected to this new region, it would explain the design of some trucks. Kalos is landlocked to the east and the south.
There's literally a lot of places in the world that's landlocked. Hoenn isn't even landlocked, and we started the game in a truck. In Kalos? We rode Gogoats. Not seeing the correlation here.

It's too early to think that they are giving up on Kalos/Zygarde. They might pull a Gen II and have give us the ability to re-visit Kalos. Fans have been asking for another Gen II case for years.

Maybe the new region has connections with Kalos or a common history. Maybe... Maybe... Maybe...
I think a lot of the Gen VII people acknowledge that Zygarde will get its own sub-plot in Sun and Moon.

If vehicles are a big part of the game, what about routes. And is the Pokemon Center actually expanding as if its portable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom