• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Future Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, it's completely clear that Zygarde and Kalos are merely one of the old elements these games are going to expand upon; they're not the priority.
From the description of the announcement's official YouTube upload:

So, this is Generation VII then.
Oh, we have actual confirmation.
Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are coming out for systems in the Nintendo 3DS family in holiday 2016, with a new world, new Pokémon, and new adventures to discover!

If vehicles are a big part of the game, what about routes. And is the Pokemon Center actually expanding as if its portable?
I thought those were ambulances...though given that the Pokemon centre really only needs that one machine to heal everything, it can totally be in a truck if they find a suitable Infinity Energy power source...

What if this means that when you faint in a route, instead of running to the Pokemon centre, the ambulance will come and save you and you're not taken all the way back to the last centre you've been in? Oh god I do not want to hear any more "Pokemon is too easy!"

Hmm too bad this certain user was banned, I'd like to see them bash the "desperate" Gen 7 supporters now. :D
If you're talking about who I think you're talking about...I'd think they were banned for their own protection at this point :p

Hell, what we've seen could actually still be South Kalos and this could still be gen 6.5.

We need more information about the engine, locations etc. The graphical difference is still one important point. We still don't know how the game will look at the end, since I don't think we will get a graphic better than they shown in the trailer and the 3DS capable of running that engine without lagging much. The centerbuildings yes. but not the picture with the hotel(?) and the Seeper fountain.
Well we need to wait where the region is. If south Kalos (south france and it's hotels does quite look like the one in picture), then it could be the Gold/Silver of Kalos.

A
Hmm too bad this certain user was banned, I'd like to see them bash the "desperate" Gen 7 supporters now. :D

I... have no idea whom you're talking about but I can imagine the fury they'd have lol.

There's literally a lot of places in the world that's landlocked. Hoenn isn't even landlocked, and we started the game in a truck. In Kalos? We rode Gogoats. Not seeing the correlation here.

I'm saying that, like the S. S. Aqua, the trucks could be our mode of transportation between two regions.

Oh man what if we DO get another S.S. Aqua part of the game?

Guys, it's completely clear that Zygarde and Kalos are merely one of the old elements these games are going to expand upon; they're not the priority.

It's like... my mind keeps going back and forth between the three possibilities. One, yes, Zygarde will get a post-game storyline/worked into the main storyline somehow. I particularly doubt the latter. Two, Zygarde will be slipped in throught the back like Fairy Arceus. I mean, it already got its promotion, and has been treated as secondary news to Mega Alakazam. Three, they really are exclusive to the anime. And while I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with this, because while 10% and Complete are cool, I still like 50% the most - the Pokédex talks about Zygarde's secret power, and we know that Thousand Arrows/Waves are in the code.

Which, on that note, if Zygarde's forms are introduced in these games, then I guess those moves being in X/Y's code is kind of like the Mega Eon Dragons being in X/Y's code as well? I wonder what's up with them doing that.

What if this means that when you faint in a route, instead of running to the Pokemon centre, the ambulance will come and save you and you're not taken all the way back to the last centre you've been in? Oh god I do not want to hear any more "Pokemon is too easy!"

Did you seriously forget what fandom you belong to? :p

I'm curious to see if we'll get younger or older protagonists this time. While I'm overly-excited about these games, I'm also hoping that these games will be like a Johto to Kalos. Other than missing Zygarde action in-game, I thought it was awesome when I was able to explore two regions in my Crystal version(I didn't get past Blackthorn Gym in SoulSilver because I quit playing it around that time).

I think I might prefer the Japanese titles design haha, but both are awesome!

i think cars will be indeed a special feature on Gen 7. i just not sure main protagonist will be driving..

so maybe rich girl/boy with chauffeur?

also i think one of pokemon sketch on roof of that aquamarine is possibly the new water pokemon. That one on the right side..

What if since we can't transfer mons from rby to oras or xy but to sun and Moon that means we can't transfer any Pokemon for the previous gens except rby?

They've said we need to use Bank to transfer our Pokemon from XY/ORAS to Sun/Moon.

also i think one of pokemon sketch on roof of that aquamarine is possibly the new water pokemon. That one on the right side.

Isn't that Chinchou?

It's like... my mind keeps going back and forth between the three possibilities. One, yes, Zygarde will get a post-game storyline/worked into the main storyline somehow. I particularly doubt the latter. Two, Zygarde will be slipped in throught the back like Fairy Arceus. I mean, it already got its promotion, and has been treated as secondary news to Mega Alakazam. Three, they really are exclusive to the anime. And while I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with this, because while 10% and Complete are cool, I still like 50% the most - the Pokédex talks about Zygarde's secret power, and we know that Thousand Arrows/Waves are in the code.

Which, on that note, if Zygarde's forms are introduced in these games, then I guess those moves being in X/Y's code is kind of like the Mega Eon Dragons being in X/Y's code as well? I wonder what's up with them doing that.
I still think there will be a Kalos history app to release Thousand Waves, Arrows, and Eternal Floette. They have yet to keep entire moves and forms unreleased, and they inserted those around the same time that they added the Sun/Moon references, so the only way these being scrapped makes sense is if a Kalos game was originally planned, but in 2012, they decided that ORAS would take its place. However, I have no idea how a Kalos app alone would be relevant to the anniversary unless all regions get a historical app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom