• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Future Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could easily have a South Kalos Arc with a new Tripokalon, some badge equivalent quest for Ash, and Team Flare likely won't stop activity even if we reacha climax for its arc innte next months.
or they could do a Decolora Islands/Orange Islands-type adventure. or maybe they do add a Battle Frontier to Kalos and do that. Ash is a bit too close to the end for it to be advertising a 6.5, or rather a more 'realistic' Gen 6.5 (as oxymoronically unrealistic that may be).

Here's a silly thing to think about on whether it's a next gen game or not: HUD design differences, sound effects, and clearly the most important thing of all: BUFFS/NERFS. (Looking at you, Parental Bond.)
  • If you've noticed, over the years they've mostly had a similar sound and interface design, and with a couple of key exceptions (Hoenn to Kanto being a notable example for its use of a completely different font for text boxes), transitioning from one game to another in the same Generation is usually pretty easy because the HUD is familiar.
  • Competitive buffs and nerfs. Will they balance out some of the OP abilities that were prevalent in VGC? Will they nerf/buff any Pokémon? Will Mega Rayquaza finally require a Mega Stone? Will Mega Kangaskhan be kicked out of Ubers?
Perhaps what I'm trying to say is that there may be as many things done for the competitive players as there are being done for the casual players, the ones who don't think about all the complicated stuff and just play - sometimes for the story, sometimes not. How the latter relates to what I said above, though, you tell me.

Here's a silly thing to think about on whether it's a next gen game or not: HUD design differences, sound effects, and clearly the most important thing of all: BUFFS/NERFS. (Looking at you, Parental Bond.)
  • If you've noticed, over the years they've mostly had a similar sound and interface design, and with a couple of key exceptions (Hoenn to Kanto being a notable example for its use of a completely different font for text boxes), transitioning from one game to another in the same Generation is usually pretty easy because the HUD is familiar.
  • Competitive buffs and nerfs. Will they balance out some of the OP abilities that were prevalent in VGC? Will they nerf/buff any Pokémon? Will Mega Rayquaza finally require a Mega Stone? Will Mega Kangaskhan be kicked out of Ubers?
Perhaps what I'm trying to say is that there may be as many things done for the competitive players as there are being done for the casual players, the ones who don't think about all the complicated stuff and just play - sometimes for the story, sometimes not. How the latter relates to what I said above, though, you tell me.

I feel like, unfortunately, they will never buff/nerf things in the way we would expect. They tend to do what they want, and if parental bond and gale wings are broken af, they'll probably stay that way. If they were in tune with what we thought was needed to balance out the metagame, ice and bug types wouldn't be so bad, and most Pokemon would stand a fighting chance in any given battle.

Maybe we are just getting Z and magearna is a super early peek at gen 7 like munchlax was

That's what I was initially thinking, but what kind of throws me off is that Magearna is a Mythical. I can't remember if we've ever had a Mythical debut before its Generation like that before, not to mention its debuting right alongside another Mythical.

If Magearna is supposed to be a Gen 6 though, I'm wondering if its event and Volcanion's event will somehow be connected. Like... what if you obtain one through an event, then you gotta take it to a special location within the game(s) to obtain the other Mythical? Both Pokemon seem to be based on steampunk technology in a way.

That's what I was initially thinking, but what kind of throws me off is that Magearna is a Mythical. I can't remember if we've ever had a Mythical debut before its Generation like that before, not to mention its debuting right alongside another Mythical.
Manaphy and Victini were revealed before their respective games were released (with Manaphy getting an AG movie), but still in the same year.

If Magearna is supposed to be a Gen 6 though, I'm wondering if its event and Volcanion's event will somehow be connected. Like... what if you obtain one through an event, then you gotta take it to a special location within the game(s) to obtain the other Mythical? Both Pokemon seem to be based on steampunk technology in a way.
I'd say it's likely that Volcanion will unlock Magearna in whatever game is coming, which I don't expect to be released by July. Zoroark was unlocked in BW via the Crown beasts distributed as part of the Movie 13 promotion.

I'm gonna propose an idea that I've been thinking about lately. We all have been discussing the possibility of the next games including a southern Kalos and new Pokémon referred to as "generation 6.5" but I feel like there's something that hasn't been considered when talking about southern Kalos and "generation 6.5". What if we're looking at this the wrong way. What if instead of southern Kalos and the new Pokémon being part of the current generation both of these things are part of there own new generation, no not generation 6.5 but generation 7. Yes generation 7. The region instead of being part of Kalos is actually its own full-fledged region called South Kalos. The creators have based the existing main series regions off of locations in our world so what's to stop them from doing a region that shares part of its name with another? Let's see in our world we have...

1) North Korea and South Korea
2) Sudan and South Sudan
3) North Carolina and South Carolina
4) North Dakota and South Dakota
5) Virginia and West Virginia

Perhaps Kalos had gotten into some sort of conflict with the southern half of the region in the past. The conflict caused the region to split up, the top half of the region stayed as the Kalos we know of currently while the bottom half became South Kalos. The division of the region could probably be one of the things that the story delves into. Since both regions used to be one they both would probably share the same starter Pokémon, Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie. It'd be the first region to share the same set of starter Pokémon with another region. To freshen up Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie and to make up for the fact that there are no new starters, they could give each of their final stages Mega Evolutions or something akin to Mega Evolution. I mean we already have Ash-Greninja (which will most likely have its name changed if it's in the next games), who according to Alain, was giving off energy similar to Mega Evolution. Zygarde could play a part in the story of the games even if in the present both Kalos' are still divided. I imagine that they'd give us anywhere between 50-60 new Pokémon. The generation could/would most likely last until 2018 making it one of the shortest generations yet. One of the big issues I could see coming from this though is what would be of Kalos, could we still go to it and if so would it have anything new added to it. As for the leveling issue, I don't think that'd be a problem if the main story of the game takes place entirely in South Kalos. Once we complete the main story and they allow us to go to Kalos, Professor Sycamore could ask us to leave any Pokémon we caught in South Kalos behind until we complete our journey in Kalos, he could tell us to choose one of the Johto starters with a Mega Stone attached to them. The same way we can't take any Pokémon we caught in South Kalos with us to Kalos, we can't take any Pokémon caught in Kalos with us to South Kalos until we have completed the post-game in Kalos, that way you don't have people going back to South Kalos to level up there Pokémon.

I feel like, unfortunately, they will never buff/nerf things in the way we would expect. They tend to do what they want, and if parental bond and gale wings are broken af, they'll probably stay that way. If they were in tune with what we thought was needed to balance out the metagame, ice and bug types wouldn't be so bad, and most Pokemon would stand a fighting chance in any given battle.
In a truly perfect world of balance, I guess that would be the case. However, I do need to address that apparently even Junichi Masuda thinks they overdid it with Parental Bond. (Two links to the left.) Besides, it's not like it hasn't happened before - Generation I's Mewtwo was brought down in Generation II with the proper programming of certain type matchups and Amnesia nerf, just this Generation we saw a nerf to weather before the introduction of Primordial Sea and its variants... Stuff like that, really.

This is getting into my personal opinions here, but if you think I'm gonna watch Worlds 2018 (assuming Kangaskhan's not in the regional Pokédex of whatever the next core series title is) with what is likely to not include Restricted Pokémon in the new Generation and accept that I'll see CHALK every match without a Mega Kangaskhan nerf, then count me out and let their viewership go down.

I don't think Megaerna (hopefully wroten correctly) will be introduced in the games. It is not even a Pokémon, it's a man-made machine.
A New Mythical Pokémon Has Been Discovered! | Pokemon.com < Go read up before continuing. Let's not even mention the selection of man-made Pokémon like Porygon and Mewtwo...

Also, the way you wrote Magearna makes it look like the word "meagre" and while that's the case for Pokémon news right now, I doubt that'll last, lol

A New Mythical Pokémon Has Been Discovered! | Pokemon.com < Go read up before continuing. Let's not even mention the selection of man-made Pokémon like Porygon and Mewtwo...

Also, the way you wrote Magearna makes it look like the word "meagre" and while that's the case for Pokémon news right now, I doubt that'll last, lol
Mewtwo is another case because it was given a birth. As far as I knew Megaerna was made 500 years ago as a weapon etc, which still remains.

Secondary fact is that even when we knew about Hoopa and Volcanion, they were released with game artwork but that Pokémon completely looks like an anime artwork.

Are we really going to argue over silly matters in that fashion? Just because it's clearly anime artwork doesn't mean it's not a Pokémon, seeming as they gave it information normally reserved for the Pokédex such as its classification (Artificial Pokémon), height and weight. We don't have Sugimori artwork because no game has been announced in which it'll be available. It's the only piece of clear artwork available to us right now (just as the Global Link artwork was for Pokémon without Sugimori artwork revealed, like Zygarde back during the XY release), otherwise we'd have to run with that unclear CoroCoro scan that instead looks like it came out of the movie poster. They wouldn't just throw this information out there if they aren't going to make it available to us at a future point... And if they don't, considering it's the Pokémon anime we're talking about here (which usually contains key reveals for future Generations as previews), the whole community's going to throw tables wondering why we got such a huge reveal.

Also, I like how you mentioned Mewtwo but ignored my Porygon example.

... One thing I am confused about more than anything: Where did it say it was a weapon in any fashion?

I'm gonna propose an idea that I've been thinking about lately. We all have been discussing the possibility of the next games including a southern Kalos and new Pokémon referred to as "generation 6.5" but I feel like there's something that hasn't been considered when talking about southern Kalos and "generation 6.5". What if we're looking at this the wrong way. What if instead of southern Kalos and the new Pokémon being part of the current generation both of these things are part of there own new generation, no not generation 6.5 but generation 7. Yes generation 7. The region instead of being part of Kalos is actually its own full-fledged region called South Kalos. The creators have based the existing main series regions off of locations in our world so what's to stop them from doing a region that shares part of its name with another? Let's see in our world we have...

1) North Korea and South Korea
2) Sudan and South Sudan
3) North Carolina and South Carolina
4) North Dakota and South Dakota
5) Virginia and West Virginia

Perhaps Kalos had gotten into some sort of conflict with the southern half of the region in the past. The conflict caused the region to split up, the top half of the region stayed as the Kalos we know of currently while the bottom half became South Kalos. The division of the region could probably be one of the things that the story delves into. Since both regions used to be one they both would probably share the same starter Pokémon, Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie. It'd be the first region to share the same set of starter Pokémon with another region. To freshen up Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie and to make up for the fact that there are no new starters, they could give each of their final stages Mega Evolutions or something akin to Mega Evolution. I mean we already have Ash-Greninja (which will most likely have its name changed if it's in the next games), who according to Alain, was giving off energy similar to Mega Evolution. Zygarde could play a part in the story of the games even if in the present both Kalos' are still divided. I imagine that they'd give us anywhere between 50-60 new Pokémon. The generation could/would most likely last until 2018 making it one of the shortest generations yet. One of the big issues I could see coming from this though is what would be of Kalos, could we still go to it and if so would it have anything new added to it. As for the leveling issue, I don't think that'd be a problem if the main story of the game takes place entirely in South Kalos. Once we complete the main story and they allow us to go to Kalos, Professor Sycamore could ask us to leave any Pokémon we caught in South Kalos behind until we complete our journey in Kalos, he could tell us to choose one of the Johto starters with a Mega Stone attached to them. The same way we can't take any Pokémon we caught in South Kalos with us to Kalos, we can't take any Pokémon caught in Kalos with us to South Kalos until we have completed the post-game in Kalos, that way you don't have people going back to South Kalos to level up there Pokémon.

I like this idea a lot. I remember seeing somebody in the previous thread suggesting a North/South Korea scenario for Kalos, but carrying it over into Gen 7 sounds nice too. It would be similar to Kanto/Johto, but yet unique and different in its own way.

I don't think Megaerna (hopefully wroten correctly) will be introduced in the games. It is not even a Pokémon, it's a man-made machine.

... If the official website says it's a Pokemon, then it's a Pokemon. And yes, it's going to find its way into whatever game(s) we're getting next.

Also interesting tidbit, but it looks like Masuda will be doing autographs throughout the month of March in Pokemon Centers on Japan, in commemoration of the 20th anniversary.

Okay everyone, as you'd remember... don't ever believe anything that is mentioned on 4Chan. They've always been wrong about everything. And secondly, I have a feeling Magearna will end up being National Pokédex Number #722 and with a Regional Pokédex Number of #000, much like Victini was in fifth generation. I also have a feeling there will be multiple areas and players will be able to search by that region's number, like for instance... the Kalos Pokédex and [new region's name] Pokédex or something, like how there was for Coastal Kalos, Central Kalos and Mountain Kalos.

Anyways, as I said earlier. A "generation 6.5" will still be considered as "seventh generation" in an official statement from the developers, regardless. And whenever there's a new region, there will be three new Grass, Fire and Water type starters too. Old starters would make the game more degraded if Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie were only used. Sure, they could use Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie if the player ended up traveling to the Kalos region or something. If you understand what I'm saying.

Some of you should bear in mind the Strange Souvenir when discussing the next region being south Kalos. The item's description is "an ornament depicting a Pokémon that is venerated as a protector in some region far from Kalos."

I think it would be downright weird for new Pokémon to be introduced in any region but the one Game Freak wanted us to know about back in 2013.

I just made a statement of my view. No need that reaction tbh. If you find it silly, well.. ignore it completely?
Here's the thing, though. I thought we were arguing about the facts, not just your view on whether or not Magearna is a Pokémon or not. It's a bit hard when some of your posts lack verbs that identify it as an opinion.

... Okay. I admit I missed that part, but...
It is not even a Pokémon, it's a man-made machine.
I'll bat it right back at you, if only because this was the part of the quote I was focusing on at the time. It doesn't say "I don't think it's a Pokémon", it says "It is not even a Pokémon".

This is getting stupid. I can't reply to the topic because I have no comment on anything else, so let's just take a step back and ensure we understand each other before it gets any worse.

I'm just curious. I wonder how everyone would feel if the next Pokémon games were exclusive to New Nintendo 3DS? I know I have said it quite a while back, but I did indeed state about it's improved processing performance and extra RAM during the time I was speculating about seventh generation way back last year.

I'm just curious. I wonder how everyone would feel if the next Pokémon games were exclusive to New Nintendo 3DS? I know I have said it quite a while back, but I did indeed state about it's improved processing performance and extra RAM during the time I was speculating about seventh generation way back last year.

The only reason I bought a 3DS was to play Pokémon, and it still remains as it is. But if Nintendo literally drops 3DS for Pokémon, I don't think I can afford a new model of DS. Because not only it is not being sold in my country, if I order it from somewhere another point in Europe, it costs too much including shipping and the changing the currency. Overall it costs almost equally one month of minimum wage of my country.

But I don't think Pokémon games will be exclusive to only New Nintendo 3DS for the current and next generation anyway.

They could have enhancements, but not actually be exclusive. Its not like Crystal, whete everyone had a GBC and they could get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom