• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Future Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
*constantly refreshes page*

Since Sun and Moon are looking to be the anniversary games (though they might not be), d'you think there'll be references to the past, like moving the truck in FRLG to get an item referencing the rumour that Mew was under the truck?

YAY! I knew the seventh generation was coming instead of a third version or sequels. How long ago did I speculate that? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in June 2015, if I can remember it right.

Anyways, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are officially leaked. What a great way to build up the hype and board the hype train while we wait for the actual trailer for the these two seventh generation games. We don't even know how the game is going to appear like, but I can guess that many of the map models are way more realistic-looking than they were in X/Y/OR/AS.

But all the Pokémon will keep their same design with their character outlines too. It is the seventh generation, and we know what console it is going to be heading for. That's right, it's the Nintendo 3DS.

But we've heard people from The Pokémon Company and Game Freak expressing their interest in the New Nintendo 3DS hardware, as well as amiibo.

I can just feel... that Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon WILL incorporate amiibo support as well as using the New Nintendo 3DS buttons. Many people speculate that Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon will just be New Nintendo 3DS enhanced, but be playable on original Nintendo 3DS as well.

But hey, what if it's New Nintendo 3DS exclusive? Then it can use a lot more RAM and processing power, and meaning that they can implement the ability to control the camera with the C Stick. And not to also mention... third person viewing angle! Making these games the first to ever have third person viewing angle everywhere (if you don't count Lumiose City in X/Y). Just imagine it, now that would be really exciting function to have! Meaning it will utilize Mode 7. ^^

Is everyone ready for the seventh generation to begin? We will see it in approximately 4 hours and 5 minutes (at the time of this post)! Not long now!

All aboard the hype traaaaaaaaaaaain!!! ^^

I appreciate your hype :D but Sun and Moon are NOT confirmed to be gen VII. I'm not saying they won't be, but I not saying they will be either. There is also a very small chance that they won't be even be announced!

I also doubt they will be New 3DS exclusive. If they do come out, they are likely to be the anniversary games, and there are better ways to celebrate the anniversary than rejecting most of your fans, as New 3DS users are heavily outnumbered by old 3DS users. And, as for ram and processing power - 3DS carts currently hold a max of 8gb, the largest game has used 4gb, and gen VI use a little over 1.5gb as pointed out a few pages ago. I think making this game the biggest is the least of their concerns, as opposed to making it widely accessible.

That said ...

hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype

Update on my personal wellbeing: I can't stop whisper-shouting and flailing but I have sucky sleep patterns so I'm half asleep but STILL HYPE it's like two extremes within me are fighting, Team Sleep and Team Awake confirmed

Last edited:
I speculate Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon to have amiibo support as well as the ability to control the in-game camera.

Because yall doing ut, I'm also going to post tge starter thing:

Kanto: Venusaur
Johto: Feraligatr
Hoenn: Sceptile (my favourite out of all of them)
Sinnoh: Infernape
Unova: Serperior
Kalos: Chesnaught

For those who couldn't guess: grass is one of my favourite types besides dark and fighting.

I just don't care for Meganium and like Infernape a tiny bit more than Join. I mean Torterra.

Plot twist: The evil team wants to align the planets to unleash the awesome power of the Titans and overthrow Mt Olympus.

ktPevOt.gif

Seriously, though, why are so many people assuming we'll get 'team eclipse' or 'team space' etc etc based on the title alone? The evil teams names are almost never correlative with the actual game titles. Red and Green gave us Team Rocket, not Team Rainbow. Diamond and Pearl had Team Galactic, not Team Opal. Plasma doesn't have any correlation with Black and White, and Flare is pretty random in X and Y.

Teams Aqua and Magma for Ruby and Sapphire are literally the only exception to the rule - the 1 case out of 5 where the team name makes sense in context with the title.

I can definitely see the evil team try to create eternal day or night in the region by somehow stopping the rotation of the planet or whatever. This is the kinda evil plots that Pokémon does.

If these are Gen VII games, I hope they learnt from their mistakes in XY. I want a story with a similar quality to BW and ORAS. More characterization for rivals, Gym Leaders etc. and a plot that at least somewhat makes sense.

Team Galactic and Cyrus were crazy, so their plan wasn't too far fetched for the in-game universe. Team Aqua and Magma made a bit more sense in ORAS (though Aqua was still a little silly). Team Plasma was cool. Team Rocket was fine as well. Team Flare was a little weird and felt out of place. Please let it not be something stupid like controlling the sun or the moon, or creating eternal daytime or eternal nighttime...

It could be something related to controlling the box Legendary to cause a solar/lunar eclipse. An eclipse would then open up the way to something big like a secret realm or unlimited power the Team wants to control.

How about; the Team believes people (Professor, Champion, TV reporters, etc.) are hiding something about the Pokemon world (related to space?) and the Team wants to expose this. They could make the Professor, Champion etc. be a little shady to make you suspicious and think there is really something going on. :sneaky: But it turns out to be something like "this Legendary Pokemon is too strong and shouldn't be controlled and we've been hiding things from people so that they don't try to do stupid things like Team x." :D

Last edited:
You guys I am so EXCITED that I need to go to the toilet ...

ANYWAY whatever the evil team is, I hope they don't have a reputation for being fashionable while having the worst outfits of the entire series

Also, some back story would be nice, y'know? Why is the leader of the evil team doing what they do? I hope it's a woman. And the Champion is a woman. And they have this super awesome battle a la Dumbledore vs Voldemort.

I'm so sleepy I'm making a bunch of mistakes but I don't want to sleep ughhhhhh

And I hope they make it at least an itty bitty bit more mature, like gen V's plot and the ship hints and Delta episode in ORAS. Since they're celebrating 20 years of Pokemon, it would be nice if they didn't ignore a large part of their fanbase.

Last edited:
Wow with all this hype let's hope they actually announce something. Before the leaks I was thinking we might get something Go related but I guess Niantic is taking care of that one.
Still I can't help but dread that this is all fake. OH well I guess we will see.

Quite the similarity in logos here, hahaha.

Qj71tFx.png

That is so uncanny lmao.

POKEMON: WAIFU WARS COMING 2016

Seriously though, I'd love Pokemon to take notes from FE Fates and have much greater version differences like story, difficulty & locations, instead of just Pokemon availability differentiations.

Huh. Just noticed that it's not "Sun Version" or "Moon Version". They stopped that with X/Y, and are seemingly keeping it out.

An official Pokemon UK Twitter just launched, if anyone is interested. Fitting time to launch it too, if we're on the brink of next-gen.
Pokémon UK (@PokemonNewsUK) | Twitter

Last edited:
Plot twist: The evil team wants to align the planets to unleash the awesome power of the Titans and overthrow Mt Olympus.

ktPevOt.gif

Seriously, though, why are so many people assuming we'll get 'team eclipse' or 'team space' etc etc based on the title alone? The evil teams names are almost never correlative with the actual game titles. Red and Green gave us Team Rocket, not Team Rainbow. Diamond and Pearl had Team Galactic, not Team Opal. Plasma doesn't have any correlation with Black and White, and Flare is pretty random in X and Y.

Teams Aqua and Magma for Ruby and Sapphire are literally the only exception to the rule - the 1 case out of 5 where the team name makes sense in context with the title.
Team Galactic is actually Team Galaxy in Japan. It has to do with the universe, ie Time Space and Antimatter, the three main powers of the legendaries. Plasma is a form of energy, somethimg inbetween fire and lightning. And Team flare had Flair, in otherwords they were effing Fabulous amd Beautiful, something they want to do to the Earth. Make it beautiful by either killing everything or something to that extent. Team Rocket is actually the ONLY non-related theme Team.

That is so uncanny lmao.

Seriously though, I'd love Pokemon to take notes from FE Fates and have much greater version differences like story, difficulty & locations, instead of just Pokemon availability differentiations.

Huh. Just noticed that it's not "Sun Version" or "Moon Version". They stopped that with X/Y, and are seemingly keeping it out.

An official Pokemon UK Twitter just launched too, if anyone is interested. Fitting time to launch it, too, if we're on the brink of next-gen.
Sun takes place in North Kalos, Moon in South. Playing both games and the two sides of the stories in either game unlocks Episode something, which takes place in Kanto. Imagine the shitstom if we got 3 regions spread acrosd 2 games, but only 2 are explorable ingame.

That is so uncanny lmao.

An official Pokemon UK Twitter just launched too, if anyone is interested. Fitting time to launch it, too, if we're on the brink of next-gen.

Pokemon WAIFU wars?! WAIFU wars is the perfect name for the newer fire emblem games. I approve of this.

Also, some back story would be nice, y'know? Why is the leader of the evil team doing what they do? I hope it's a woman. And the Champion is a woman. And they have this super awesome battle a la Dumbledore vs Voldemort.

Yes to all this, and while you're at it. Why not have a single dad instead of a mom at the beginning? :LOL: We've had lots of moms. I'd like to see some dads, too. Well, there is Norman, but the mom is there, too.

Team Galactic is actually Team Galaxy in Japan. It has to do with the universe, ie Time Space and Antimatter, the three main powers of the legendaries. Plasma is a form of energy, somethimg inbetween fire and lightning. And Team flare had Flair, in otherwords they were effing Fabulous amd Beautiful, something they want to do to the Earth. Make it beautiful by either killing everything or something to that extent. Team Rocket is actually the ONLY non-related theme Team.

Sun takes place in North Kalos, Moon in South. Playing both games and the two sides of the stories in either game unlocks Episode something, which takes place in Kanto. Imagine the shitstom if we got 3 regions spread acrosd 2 games, but only 2 are explorable ingame.

Yes, but I was specifically talking about the game titles, not the team's overall plans for the universe. Galactic/Galaxy has everything to do with Cyrus's plans and the legendaries, sure, but it has jack-all to do with the precious gems Diamond and Pearl.

People are jumping on the titles like 'omg we're getting team eclipse!' and I'm like...no.

You guys I am so EXCITED that I need to go to the toilet ...

LOL this is my favourite post of the last few days xD

Yes to all this, and while you're at it. Why not have a single dad instead of a mom at the beginning? :LOL: We've had lots of moms. I'd like to see some dads, too. Well, there is Norman, but the mom is there, too.

You know as long as I'm thinking about it, if this is an anniversary game would they pay homage to the formula or try to brake away from it? I guess we could get a very typical Pokemon game this year. More likely then not it will be neither though I don't see them messing with the formula to much but I don't think they will make a boring game in the name of nostalgia either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom