• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Mew/Mewtwo Report

In saying that, doesn't that still leave the fate of Mewtwo ambiguous enough in the games (and discounting Origins) to the point where we can't draw a conclusion on whether or not it was caught by Red? They never outright mentioned Red's adventures in other games outside of him beating Blue...
It's ambiguous, but Kazuki does say that he hopes some trainer has made Mewtwo happy.

Seeing how Red doesn't have Mewtwo with him when you battle him in HG/SS we can make the assumption he released Mewtwo for whatever reason. Either that, or Red never caught Mewtwo and it just changed locations.

It's ambiguous, but Kazuki does say that he hopes some trainer has made Mewtwo happy.
He certainly makes me happy to have him, lol. Maybe they're referring to the players? I dunno, you mentioned about the potential 4th wall break with the acknowledgement of the Unknown Dungeon...

I think it does refer to the players. It seems to contradictory to refer to Red and it would also be nice for the players that something mysterious like Mew/Mewtwo is direcetly linked to them

That's not exactly how I meant it. It would just seem odd to me that if after Red had captured Mewtwo and released it, Mewtwo would appear in the Kalos region. There seems to be a lot of information missing about how Mewtwo would be in Kalos instead of Kanto. I think that if you leave Red out of this report and consider Mewtwo to travel alone, the information will be a bit smaller and easier to explain.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom