• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Monster vs Monster Thread!

Reaction score
Welcome to the only purely fictional monster battle thread!

Please follow these guidlines:

General "Monster vs. Monster" Thread said:
  1. No real creatures proven to have existed at one point or another. If you want to pit real creatures against each other, visit this thread.
    - Pokémon vs. non-Pokémon is allowed. Pokémon vs. Pokémon goes here.
  2. You must provide at least one reason for why you chose the option you picked.
  3. If there are no new responses after a week, the next poster may start a new topic.
  4. You must quote or state the current topic in your post.

And to get the ball rolling, lets start with Zombies vs Vampires

Zombies vs Vampires

I think vampires are the better choice here. Since zombies are effectively brain-dead, being incapable of thought would be a major let down when pitted against a creature who can actually use their thinking pan. I also think vampires would be faster, as zombies are traditionally sluggish and slow. All in all, I think vampires have the upper hand here.

It's sorta difficult to answer this question without knowing what kinds of zombies and vampires we're dealing with here. I'm going to go with the assumptions that they have the following (relevant) traits.

Zombie:
  • Can live if limbs or other body parts are cut off/destroyed (aside from maybe the head). It will eventually die to repeated attacks, of course.
  • Slow but powerful
  • Unable to use intelligent thought

Vampire:
  • Can fly via turning into a bat
  • Can bite things to attack
  • Fairly fast
  • Fairly intelligent

I think it boils down to whether or not the vampire is using some sort of weapon, such as a scythe. The zombie, being unable to really defend itself due to being slow, would probably be destroyed. Otherwise, I think the zombie would win, being pretty hard to kill. I don't know if the vampire, using only fangs and other physical attacks, would be able to damage it enough. Meanwhile, the zombie could knock the much frailer vampire into oblivion, even if it was difficult to hit.

There are a lot of variations of zombies and vampires, so as stated previously, I'm just looking at these variations.

Zombies vs Vampires

Vampires all the way. Zombies may be nearly impossible to kill, but they can still be beaten to a pulp. In most myths, vampires are also difficult to finish off, requiring either a wooden stake or holy water. With durability that comes close to that of zombies, I think their superior speed and intelligence would win out. The decaying flesh of zombies would be easy for a vampire to rip through, weakening the zombie little by little as the battle progresses while the vampire would likely not receive as many major injuries. The primary reason zombies are scary is because they usually move in groups, so you're not just fighting one, you're fighting tens or hundreds. Assuming a one-on-one match, a vampire would emerge victorious.

@Enzap; You're right about the fact that a lot of zombies are only really dangerous in groups. The zombie I described is a strong zombie compared to those, as I figured it would only be fair to use variations of zombies and vampires that are similar in strength.

• Staff
@Nick of Time; I'd say that when dealing with a group of x monster, it'd be reasonable to think that'd they'd have the most stereotypical traits.

I personally think a group of zombies could beat a group of vampires, I think the group combat aspect would be able to fairly easily kill vampires.

@Fab; I tried to use only common characteristics of zombies and vampires. Well, maybe aside from making the zombie a powerful hitter, but I don't think that's an unacceptable stretch, if it even is a stretch.

For this group aspect, what kind of zombies and vampires are we talking about? And I'm assuming they have equal numbers.

Assuming you mean the weaker hoard zombies, wouldn't vampires win, then? Not only would they be stronger than those zombie variants, but they'd have the intelligence to actually coordinate group strategies.

Well, it's all hypothetical.

I think that as soon as zombies would have a number advantage it'd all be lost for the vampires. Lets assume the zombies are brain dead, if you'll excuse the pun, they'll attack the 20 with no intelligence, they won't necessarily attack 1v1, they may horde on a couple and attack, moving from vampire to vampire. As soon as the zombies have that number advantage they can more easily claw their way to victory.

All of you are wrong. The correct answer is Jesus.

No but seriously, I'd definitely say vampires. They're fast, intelligent, and a lot of popular stories and movies present them as immortal. The zombie is clearly no match. Vampires are also often depicted with higher strength, and combining that with speed, the vampire can hit hard and get out of the way before the slow and stupid zombie has a chance to hit. However, like Fab said, if there were multiple zombies, the vampires might have trouble fending them off without a thought-out strategy or battle plan.

Last edited:
@Pride
OP said:
3. If there are no new responses after a week, the next poster may start a new topic.

Zombies vs Vampires

One on one, I'd say vampire. No matter how many I'd say vampires, provided both sides have equal numbers. Zombies' strength tends to come from having the numbers to overwhelm.

Easy, I'd say Vampires take the cake. There hard to kill, they move fast and super powerful. If indeed its 20-20 fight. Vampires all the way.

Vampires would easily win. Not only do they have super strength, they are also dead, so they can't be turned into zombies themselves. That's the real threat, fighting them, get bitten, and turn into a zombie yourself, as that obviously doesn't apply here. And vampires are just as intelligent as us, so they can easily handle a sword, for instance. BAM, zombie limbs everywhere.

My turn

Dragons vs Griffins

Who would win?

General "Monster vs. Monster" Thread said:
  1. If there are no new responses after a week, the next poster may start a new topic.

Anyway, I'll roll with it.
Dragons. Fire breath, skin covered by scales hard as iron, a Griffin has no chance.

Dragons here. I frankly cannot see a Griffin winning that match. Depends on the size and type of attack though.

I'd say dragons. They're generally perceived as being much larger in size when compared to a Griffin, plus with the advantage of serious fire damage, larger wings for faster flight, and a wide array of other attributes, it has the upper hand. So yup, I'm sticking with dragons.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom