• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The official NHL 2010 Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense, but I'm still hoping for Boston.

Whichever really... it should be a good serie

I mean, Philadelphia's a good team, but Montreal-Boston is a rivalry that, when you get right down to it, can trace its roots back to the Hundred Years War and beyond.

Well... I won't deny that there's a rivalry between Montreal and Boston as it's probably one of the most well documented rivalries in hockey, but tracing it back to the 100 year war is seriously pushing it.

Yeah, but the Habs have already gone beyond the impossible these playoffs.

Twice.

:p

Yeah... I'm rooting for the Habs all the way and I couldn't predict that they would beat both Washington and Pittsburgh back to back.

Hopefully the referees will be a little fairer next time around cause they were atrocious in the Habs-Penguins series.

Nah - when you get down to it, Montreal vs Boston goes back to Quebec vs Massachusetts, to New France vs New England, and that goes back to France vs England way back when ;-)

Guess what, everyone! THE FLYERS WON!!!! Woo-hoo go Simon Gagné! That dude's a real winner!

Amazing. The Bruins were up 3-zip in the series, and then 3-zip in game 7. Congrats to Philadelphia for becoming the third team in history to go from losing a series 3-0 to win it 4-3. Seventh-seeded Philadelphia vs eighth-seeded Montreal. Who would have guessed it?

Yeah... Shocker, I'm rooting for Montreal against the Flyers !!! They've just beaten the number 1 team in the East and the defending Stanley Cup Champs, they have to win this.

Last time Montreal was in the Eastern Association finals was in 1993 and we all know how that ended... Go Habs Go !!!

My guess is that whoever wins in the West will be the Cup champions. Anyways, for my third round predictions...

San Jose in 6
Montreal in 7

Evil Figment, how goes the current points tally?

Montreal 2, Odds 0

Odds seem to be catching up !!! Two games and no goals... this is getting ridiculous. Worse was last game, when Mtl pretty much played better but got handed a 3-0 defeat...

The Flyers have a more solid defense than the Penguins, but there's no excuse for 2 games with no goals... That being said, I think that if the series goes the distance, the Habs will win, but damn they need to start winning matches pronto to get there...

On another topic, is it just me or is the Mtl-Philly series extremely boring. Mtl-Penguins was exciting cause the way the players were playing was great, lots of great plays, but this is just boring... (not just because the habs are losing...) but the plays aren't really exciting, there's no finesse.

Leighton's been so hot I'm surprised he hasn't been melting the ice below him! Woo! Go!

Fourth match in the Habs-Flyers series this afternon... Habs have bounced back, hope they win this. I've always had a feeling that if this went to 6 or 7 matches, the Habs would win.

Chicago in 6. But Flyers could carry it through - it's just a shame the meeting between the two teams of destiny (Montreal and Philadelphia) couldn't happen in the finals instead.

Well done to the Flyers, anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom