• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The official NHL 2010 Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will not make predictions, as I have not paid attention to the league as a whole - save to say that the Habs are going down in 4 and the Bruins will win in 7.

GO B's!

Amazing that the Toronto fan selected Montreal and the Montreal fan picked Washington! Two incredibly unlikely senarios at once!

Well I was (shockingly) right in my prediction for Philadelphia-New Jersey (though wrong on almost every other count!). The Flyers stunned the 2nd seeded New Jersey 4 games to 1 to win their series. Montreal's win tonight bought them a little extra time as they narrowed Washington's lead from 3-1 to 3-2; ditto Buffalo on Boston. Vancouver-LA and Phoenix-Detroit are all looking to take a 3-2 series lead tonight, and tomorrow San Jose and Pittsburgh could both take their series 4-2 with victories over Colorado and Ottawa respectively.

This is hotting up into quite an intense first round!

My Detroit prediction seems to be coming true. It looks like Howard was just suffering from a little bit of the playoff jitters the first three games. He's been an absolute beast in the last two.

Aside from that, my predictions have mostly been shot to Hell.

You would think, living in canada, I would be in love with this sport (which I'm not xD). Im rooting for any Canadian team (Y)

Pittsburgh and San Jose did indeed take their series 4-2, while Phoenix forced a game 7 against Detroit; that one is really going down to the wire. Vancouver could join those who have advanced with a win over LA tonight. Looks like we'll find out the fates of Montreal, Nashville, and Buffalo tomorrow. Anyone think they can stave off elimination for at least one more game?

Edit: And Vancouver is through to the next round.

Last edited:
And Montreal manages to make the impossible possible.

One game, for all the marbles, do-or-die, and the teams have been absolutely even this year against one another. Anything can happen now.

I'm going to say the Caps take it all just to spite you with them being the local team and all. ;P

It's sad it's come down to one last match what with all the exciting give and take between them so far.

Gah, the Wings are having an off year this year (hello, I'm from Michigan. How are you?) Anyway, it's a toss-up right now between the Coyotes and the Wings... I'm not sure I know who's going to win tonight, but I hope the Wings do.

^Red Wings up 1-0 in the second. Shots on goal are quite one-sided though; 21 to 7 as of this post in favour of Detroit. Phoenix needs to up their game immediately if they want to have a chance.

Edit: Make that two-zip with the shot disparity rising to 24-8.

^Red Wings up 1-0 in the second. Shots on goal are quite one-sided though; 21 to 7 as of this post in favour of Detroit. Phoenix needs to up their game immediately if they want to have a chance.

Edit: Make that two-zip with the shot disparity rising to 24-8.

Matkin22: They say don't shoot the messenger, although that implies bad news. Can I love the messenger if they bring good news?

Matkin22: They say don't shoot the messenger, although that implies bad news. Can I love the messenger if they bring good news?

Depends on how platonic it is (and in my case, your political point of view) :p

Edit: 2-1 thanks to Fiddler. Coyotes now back in it though they're still being heavily outshot (32-14). Al must be on the edge of his seat.

Depends on how platonic it is (and in my case, your political point of view) :p

Edit: 2-1 thanks to Fiddler. Coyotes now back in it though they're still being heavily outshot (30-14).

Hahaha, don't worry about that. Hmmm... Hopefully that's just a momentary lapse in the defense and goaltending on the Wings side... from what I can tell, the Wings are outplaying the Coyotes.

Wings make it a 2-goal lead again. Now outshooting the Coyotes 38-16. Come on Phoenix, pull it together! I want you to be this year's Cinderella story!

Edit: 4-1 for Detroit at the end of 2. I think this one is pretty much over already...

Last edited:
Wings make it a 2-goal lead again. Now outshooting the Coyotes 38-16. Come on Phoenix, pull it together! I want you to be this year's Cinderella story!

Edit: 4-1 for Detroit at the end of 2. I think this one is pretty much over already...

I don't want them to be this year's Cinderella story. (LOL)
Also, isn't Detroit a lower seed than the Coyotes?

Also, isn't Detroit a lower seed than the Coyotes?

Phoenix seeded 4th and Detroit 5th in the West. But they're season was Cinderella in itself considering where they've been the last few years (generally among the last in the League, let alone the Conference). Given their troubles as to possible relocation (which were only resolved as the season began), it's been an amazing story and year for them.

Phoenix seeded 4th and Detroit 5th in the West. But they're season was Cinderella in itself considering where they've been the last few years (generally among the last in the League, let alone the Conference). Given their troubles as to possible relocation (which were only resolved as the season began), it's been an amazing story and year for them.

That is true... if it weren't for the fact that the Coyotes were playing the Red Wings, I'd be rooting for them.

I'm also wondering if they wish they'd stayed in Winnipeg (at least before this season)

6-1 Detroit. The Habs win tomorrow, the Western Conference Champion clinches home ice as the Wings have a point on the Penguins.

EDIT: The Red Wings win 6-1 and take the series. They now face the Sharks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom