• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Pokémon Black 2/White 2 (Read FIRST Post before posting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshawott

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score
250px-Pokemon_Black_2_Boxart_JP.png
250px-Pokemon_White_2_Boxart_JP.png

Today, Junichi Masuda appeared on Pokémon Smash and made a shock announcement - no, it wasn't Grey. No, it wasn't Ruby and Sapphire remakes - it was Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, which will be available on the Nintendo DS in Japan this June - as well as two new formes for Kyurem.

Official Websites:
Japanese
English

Release Dates:
Japan: June 2012
America: Autumn 2012 (October 2012?)
Europe: Autumn 2012

Pre-Order Links (Note: Region blocked unless used on an original DS or DS Lite!):
Pokémon Black Version 2 on Play-Asia (Japanese Version
Pokémon White Version 2 on Play-Asia (Japanese Version)
Pokémon Black Version 2 on Play-Asia (American Version)
Pokémon White Version 2 on Play-Asia (American Version)

Known Information:
Mascot Pokémon: Black Kyurem is the mascot for Black 2, whereas White Kyurem is the mascot of White 2. Both Pokémon are Dragon/Ice types.
Compatibility with Pokémon Global Link confirmed.
Event Keldeo will unlock something in B2/W2.
There will be 300 Pokémon in the regional Pokédex, including a lot of old Pokémon.
There are new areas in Unova, like Hiougi City (the new starting town). This is the first time the starting location is a city, has a Pokémon Centre and a training school.
There is a new Pokémon researcher called Achroma, who is researching Pokémon strength. He is said to be mysterious and hard to read.
There are at least 2 new Gym Leaders - the poison-type Homika, who has her gym in a live house and will be appearing in the anime on June 14th, as well as the water-type Shizui.

Location changes:
The northern and eastern parts of Unova have been covered by this ice, and Opelucid City is just on the border of being covered.
There appear to be cave entrances to the glacier.
There are two new towns and at least on new route to the southwest.
The road between Castelia City and Nimbasa City is complete.
A new building has been added to the front of Nimbasa City, and a new area to the east of the Rondez-View Ferris Wheel.
Driftveil City's lighthouse is gone, and several craters have appeared in the city.
There is now a settlement on Route 4
Liberty Garden is now shown of the official artwork of the map, and appears to have been revamped.
The construction zone and Cold Storage south of Driftveil are both gone.
There is a section taken out of the side of the mountain in eastern Unova, and there are several buildings here.
Challenger's Cave has disappeared.
The Entralink's moat is now dry, and the inner area has changed.

Talk about Black 2 and White 2 here!

Once a scan or other leak has been confirmed to be fake, there shall be no more discussion on the matter. Any more discussion on the matter will result in a pointless post warning.

Confirmed FAKES:
2v0e79i.png

Last edited:
Re: The Official Pokémon Black 2/White 2 Thread

New Gym Leader rosters is what I want.

Well, i don't know what to say.
Black and White in my opinion is the best Pokémon game, I hope the sequel have the same quality.

My body is ready.

very interested in how the story will play out.
just one question that's been bugging me and don't know why: did Ghetsis escape law enforcement in the original B/W?

If they fix the skimpy Pokemon selection early in the game (along with general upgrades) then this is okay in my book. However, if this is a true sequel then I wouldn't be surprised if there was an overhaul to the story and region and set maybe a year or two after the events of Pokemon Black and White.

Seriously though, this caught everyone off guard!

For the DS? Thats unexpected, what about the 3DS? Pokemon Black and White 1 are already for the DS. This is really unexpected but it seems these are true sequels to Black and White. Thats exciting and different I guess. I wanted Gray but perhaps this will be even better than Gray would be and that these games will be better than Black and White 1. Please please fix the things wrong with B1/W1.

I sure do hope that they use the Pokedex 3D models in some way when played on A 3DS

I always guessed they would be Nintendo DS titles. That way, when GameFreak go to develop Generation VI on the 3DS next year, they will have no problems in regards to making the new games feel unique (which is what they had when making BW for the DS).

Official English Announcement.

I always guessed they would be Nintendo DS titles. That way, when GameFreak go to develop Generation VI on the 3DS next year, they will have no problems in regards to making the new games feel unique (which is what they had when making BW for the DS).

Official English Announcement.

So is it actually confirmed that these are direct continuations of Black and White or are they just remakes of Black and White a la Crystal, Emerald and Platinum (except this time we have two games, obviously)?

If they're direct continuations, I wonder how it'd play out; whether they'd go down the Gold/Silver route and set the story x amount of years after the last games, or whether they'd carry on directly after the events of Black and White.

It doesn't surprise me that these are sequels. When Mana Ibe denied the rumor about a third version for the 3DS, she wasn't lying, and I've always believed she was telling the truth. Admittedly, at first I thought the switch to sequels would be warranted by the transition to the 3DS, but a few months ago I changed my mind about the 3DS part and yet still maintained that the next Unova title should be a sequel. The fact that there are two versions is probably justified by the amount of new content.

Basically, I am not surprised because third versions and remakes are no longer necessary. It's time to move on; I'd argue that this is happening one generation too late.

So is it actually confirmed that these are direct continuations of Black and White or are they just remakes of Black and White a la Crystal, Emerald and Platinum (except this time we have two games, obviously)?
It's confirmed by the official Japanese website: "A completely new adventure will begin!"

Last edited:

That was completely unexpected for me... really. Surprised they went for the Pokemon fusions route but yeah, pretty pumped about this!

I don't think there were enough 3DS units sold to warrant a release on the platform. While a brand new generation could really sell some 3DS systems if they were exclusively made for it, neither a sequel of an existing game nor a remake would be able to convince most people to shell out the money for a new 3DS.

And when used with the 3DS, it can only be played in 2D. No 3D graphics will be included in the game, according to Pokemon.com.

So uh... what would the names for these new formes of Kyurem be? Something like Blaze Kyurem and Bolt Kyurem (Yang Kyurem and Ying Kyurem in Japan) would be my logical guess, but personally I want to call them "Kyuram" and "Kyurom".

This, What ever it is, has just hit me right in the face like a bullet, I have played these games since Red and Blue, and this is something that excites me in ways I've never felt. I mean, First of all, The Kyurem Fusion Forms are amazing. This is such a shock to the usual order, I have no idea how this will play out, but I'm going to be on the edge of my seat for information.

It's confirmed by the official Japanese website: "A completely new adventure will begin!"

That so? Well, that certainly has me very curious as to how this will play out. Thanks for confirming that for me.

Must say, I like the look of the new Kyurem forms.

Ying Forme & Yang Forme seem the most plausible to me. The Dragon's name should still be Kyurem, but things like typing, ability, cry, stats, will likely be changed.

These sequels will hopefully be as great as their originals were. It seems like the era of third versions has officially ended, Nintendo has found a better way to make money lol But truthfully, like many I too wanted sequels and I cannot wait to see how Unova will be in them.

Perhaps both Hilbert/Hilda will now play a part as someone suggested, storyline changes for this will be very interesting to see.

really surprised, we all expected a simple 3rd version with Kyuarem but this is huge.

1. i want a better not so simple gameplay, like it was in Sinnoh games. that U have to take an HM so U can move on!
2. stronger leaders and rival battles
3 better use of Eastern Unova
4. Better designs and Pokemon distributions !
5. and better team Plasma plot and stronger plasma opponents!
6. bigger difference between the games so I have a reason to play both verions!

very interested in how the story will play out.
just one question that's been bugging me and don't know why: did Ghetsis escape law enforcement in the original B/W?

Yes, he did. Alder and Cheren were trying to bring him in, but the Shadow Triad were still running about, so they were able to incapacitate Alder and Cheren and escape with Ghetsis.

I'm wondering if my Ghetsis/Kyurem theory will pan out. Perhaps Ghetsis is now seeking out Kyurem and his two formes (again)?

What is confusing me is how is this going to be like? They say new adventure but what do they mean by that? Will it literally be a new adventure or will it be the same person? What about the starters? So many questions, Hopefully they have added more to Unova. I didn't like how you beat the game by only exploring half the region while exploring the other half became tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom