• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Pokémon Black 2/White 2 (Read FIRST Post before posting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Official Pokémon Black 2/White 2 Thread

I agree! I loved being able to find wild Pokemon underwater. Not to mention it was just a cool place to hang out, I don't like having the step limit.

Also.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back walking Pokemon?? Please??

Not sure if this is hypocritical, but Walking Pokemon, especially with two new formes that wil probably have shiny data, will take up A LOT OF SPACE. 649 species +gender differences+form differences+shiny=welll probably too much space

Walking Pokemon seem rather unnecessary but they're not impossible. The games can handle it.

Who will the protagonists of these games? I can't figure out a way in order for Hilda and Hilbert to be the protagonists again, and with all other Pokemon sequels we have new protagonists. I'm wondering how these theoretical new protagonists will fit into the story.. I'm guessing a Red-Ethan/Lyra deal if Plasma still is the villain team.

Which game is canon? Black or White? I'm guessing we might not know - similar to how we don't know whether FR or LG are canon, and HG or SS.

On a different note these aren't the first sequels in the series, right? We always have GSC/HGSS and the spinoffs.

Last edited:

Not sure if this is hypocritical, but Walking Pokemon, especially with two new formes that wil probably have shiny data, will take up A LOT OF SPACE. 649 species +gender differences+form differences+shiny=welll probably too much space
It would only require an addition of less than 30% to the space already reserved for HGSS overworld sprites (which are in Black and White), and rest assured that is not a lot of space relative to the cartridge size. Besides, it is quite possible that the cartridge size will be 512MB this time around, which would be double that of Black and White and four times as much as that of HGSS.

What?
The current Pokedex is only 30% bigger than the Gen IV dex. The data required for walking Pokemon - a tiny fraction of the overall total - would therefore only be 30% more than in HGSS. Shininess and form differences don't matter at all - there are fewer form differences in this gen than in Gen II, for example. Besides, the Pokemon games aren't exactly taxing the size limitations of a DS cartridge.

I don't think walking Pokemon are especially likely, but the decision on whether or not to include them will have nothing to do with space.

EDIT: Dammit Silktree, saying exactly what I was saying, only faster.

I'm not really ready for a 3DS exclusive game at the moment, some would agree.
Majority of the pokemon community must be stuck with DSi's and such, even the original DS.
But.. Christmas is coming up.. I get $180 a year.. and the 3ds is $170.. <3.
PREPARE THYSELVES.
FOR THE 3DS!

Well i didn't really like b/w, but I'm still looking forward to this thing..

So these games are being officially described as 'sequels' yes? Do you think the story will pick up where it left off or a few years from now?

It'd be interesting to see what became of Ghetsis. Or N. Probably especially N.

Has anyone thought about what Kyurem's new forme's types might be? If they are in fact Electric/Ice and Fire/Ice, that means they would lose their dragon typing, because there are no third types yet. But who knows what Nintendo has up their sleeves after tonight. All I know for sure, is that I, along with just about everyone else, will be on the absolute edge of our seats as new details are revealed!

There is a simple way to solve this that I've touched on in my blog. Make Turboblaze/Teravolt revamped to give STAB on Fire/Electric moves, there problem solved.

I don't see how kyurem (I'm talking about the formes)will lose its dragon/ice typing. At best, it will get an ability which gives STAB on the fire/electric move.

Oh! This is a surprise. Can't believe I slept through this.

Sorry if this has already been said, but I'd love to see a bit more of the Shadow Triad, since Ghetsis escaped with them, and hopefully, if he's back, that could mean they would be too...
It probably doesn't matter, but... how did Kyurem, who resprented Wuji, the absence of Yin and Yang, became present on both the Yin and Yang to form 2 new formes? I'd love a story behind that...

The first thing I thought when I saw the new forms was ''WHAT?Wasn't Kyurem's new form supposed to look awesome, instead of as ugly as the original form?''. But I calmed down as I saw it was for the DS, and thus I'll don't have to waste $700 on a new console. And the new forms aren't that ugly.

Which game is canon? Black or White? I'm guessing we might not know - similar to how we don't know whether FR or LG are canon, and HG or SS.

Well, we have two versions. White is canon in White 2 and Black is canon in Black 2. It's dependent on the, and the reason we have two games is probably because they don't want to make either non-canon.

@Joshawott
humm maybe as a hidden event legendary in B2/W2?
kyurem design looks broken, black kyurem and white kyurem looks also broken, i´m expecting a full fusion dragon with an amazing beautiful design :p
Except that why would they make it a "hidden event legendary" - besides, even if it was, a movie is the perfect time to show them off. Simple: Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are Kyurem's only new forms.

What I'm thinking is - perhaps Kyurem's relationship to Reshiram and Zekrom isn't something from the past (like Rayquaza to Groudon and Kyogre or Giratina to Dialga and Palkia). What if say, Kyurem crashed down into Unova like the Lacunosa Legend says; however, due to a lack of energy, it was trapped in the Giant Chasm. Perhaps shortly after the events of Black/White, Kyurem sensed the energy of Reshiram/Zekrom (the one N had) and either absorbed the energy, or the Pokémon itself (the former being most likely) - hence why Black Kyurem looks like a Kyurem-Zekrom hybrid and why White Kyurem looks like a Kyurem-Reshiram hybrid.

I'd love more story-based plots on Team Plasma - Black/White had almost nothing about them in the post-game. Surely there should be more about N?

I wish in Black2/White2 they'd cover more on the Shadow Triad and N. More about his childhood and what happened after Team Plasma got disbanded. Heck, we could even find Ghetsis on the run and re-battle him again.

Also, I wish other regional champions were in the game. I mean, it's so unfair for only Cynthia to be a post-game boss. Steven and Lance both deserve to appear and be battle opponents.

And personally, I think it would be rather cool if we could choose the player characters out of the four Numeva kiddies. I'd love to play as Cheren :)

I am SOOO expecting a Battle Frontier, since the previous version didn't have one.

Fun Fact: Now that Generation V has 4 games; it has the same number that the original Generation I had.

They really are trying to replicate Gen I aren't they?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm personally enjoying this announcement ONLY because truck loads of crow shall now be eaten. I said it so many god damn times we're gonna get 2 Kyurem formes and some way of 2 kyurem based games, and I was right. Sure I got the 3DS part wrong, but just the fact that there are 2 forms is enough for me to be smug for ages. Oh and obligatory gif time!
stephen-colbert-gif-262f8.jpg

Now that I have settled down here's what I predict:
-Thanks to the 2 forms the story will be much more different then last time. Perhaps even the way one is electric/ice and the other fire/ice will push the games further apart.
-New TM list is a must. Can't be damned for the one in B/W.
-The battle Subway stations will be properly implemented and fly will no longer have a use, or perhaps a different use.
-Thanks to the stations being implemented, they add all the locations the lines lead to, and have a frontier location at all the empty spots.
-Either expanded areas or an enitrely new area will be added. Perhaps an old region to chase N.
-Sages and the Triad will be battled, and there will be hell when they turn out to be the Siatron Bros.
-Because it could be a proper sequel, let it take place a few years later same main characters though. N is still missing, but something's going on with Kyurem and Zekrom.
-Gray will come, with a complete ultimate Kyurem.

Serious question: CoroCoro should have details no?

Last edited:

@Mitchman - And I predicted DS while most people were saying 3DS. High Five!
Also, I agree with the TM list - considering how TMs are permanent now, I was actually surprised that Black and White didn't have unique TM lists themselves (or at least, version exclusive TMs). I however, doubt that Kyurem will have a complete form or that Grey will happen - this will end Gen V, methinks.

Yeah Gen 5s gonna likely end with this, just saw that Meloetta is getting shoehorned here as well.

Indeed. Poor Meloetta; quietly revealed only to be thrown out of the spotlight.

Which sucks even more considering that she's a Pokémon based around singing and dancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom