• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Pokémon Black 2/White 2 (Read FIRST Post before posting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Official Pokémon Black 2/White 2 Thread

You remember how Meloetta uses Relic Song to change formes? I think they will pull a Meloetta with the new forms of Kyurem. Hear me out.

If Kyurem uses Freeze Shock, its form and typing will change into Black Kyurem. Upon transforming, the move Freeze Shock will be replaced with Bolt Strike. When Black Kyurem uses Bolt Strike, it uses up all the energy required for the new form and turns back into normal Kyurem.

If Kyurem uses Ice Burn, its form and typing will change into White Kyurem. Upon transforming, the move Ice Burn will be replaced with Blue Flare. When White Kyurem uses Blue Flare, it uses up all the energy required for the new form and turns back into normal Kyurem.

CHECK THE SPOILER BELOW TO SEE THE IMAGE OF HOW IT WILL WORK.

62163.png

I like this theory except for the bit about when using the move they'd transform back. I think something similar to relic song where they remain in that form til the end of battle or switched out is best.

Although personally, I hope for something like the God Stone, or some other object, so they can maintain their forme outside of battle.

I really hope they won't include older gens Pokemon in Unova. This would ruin the region for me.

Same with me. They should put old Pokes into White Forest. If I see just a single Pikachu before Pokemon League,I'll deratizate the whole species with a Joltik.

Yeah, I think the way they've done it this Gen there's no need to go adding older pokemon into the dex. Fair enough for Platinum, because DP was a joke with the amount of new pokemon that weren't in the dex pre-Nat Dex, and also other things like having a Fire-type Elite Four with only two Fire-type lines in the entire dex.

I wouldn't mind if they jumbled the locations around just so it felt "fresh" though. Leaving them all in the same place will just feel like playing BW all over again. I want Deerling in Pinwheel Forest, Pidove on Route 1 (yes, the regional bird on Route 1) and Mienfoo replacing Timburr early on. Stuff like that, just to liven it up a little, because if they repeat everything from BW I will be disappointed.

I wouldn't mind if they jumbled the locations around just so it felt "fresh" though. Leaving them all in the same place will just feel like playing BW all over again. I want Deerling in Pinwheel Forest, Pidove on Route 1 (yes, the regional bird on Route 1) and Mienfoo replacing Timburr early on. Stuff like that, just to liven it up a little, because if they repeat everything from BW I will be disappointed.

But then they'll have to switch their number lists in the dex because remember in the first game that their placement on the dex is based on where they first appeared in the wild. That way, there won't be any long empty gaps for the whole game until meeting more Pokemon.

But then they'll have to switch their number lists in the dex because remember in the first game that their placement on the dex is based on where they first appeared in the wild. That way, there won't be any long empty gaps for the whole game until meeting more Pokemon.

That's not really a big problem in the grand scheme of things. And if they swapped the dex numbers round I certainly wouldn't complain. It'd be no different to the Johto dex being in the wrong order.

I hope we don't see any pre Gen V Pokemon before the postgame; they don't really fit in too well with the Unova mon designs. Aaand I'm tired of seeing the other 493 Pokemon.

The reverse is true for me - I'm tired of gen V being shoved into our faces like some Poke-Messiah and I'd love to put some older Pokes into my future B2/W2 team.

Maybe not Pikachu, but stuff like Flygon or Arcanine would be good enough~

Id like them to continue the "no old Pokemon till post game" thing. It was really refreshing to only see and focus on the new Pokemon and I hope they keep it that way in B2/W2, seeing old Pokemon like Pikachu all the time can be tiring.

a longer game . They shld come up with a game that has all towns/gyms from Gen i to Gen V. i think that would be very fun.

I hope Ghetsis goes to the Sinnoh region after he flee's unova. In the spoiler below, is a basic idea for the story. Think about it, he was unable to change the world using Reshiram and Zekrom, so what pokemon is powerful enough to change people ideals and beliefs? Check below.

“Those fools… to believe that a Pokemon is responsible for all of this. That it was a Pokemon which created the universe… a Pokemon that created the Earth and the five regions. I look around and all I see is the unintelligible ignorance that sweeps the spirits of these lost souls. I almost pity them.

I, along with most of you I’m sure, grew up listening to the Ideology that recognizes a Pokemon, Arceus, to be the creator of all things. I refuse to surrender myself to such an erroneous claim. They worship their false prophet Arceus, but I refuse to accept that a Pokemon is responsible for my existence. Even putting Arceus aside, they call other Pokemon deities, and others ‘legendary’!

I will not believe in such nonsense! It is not a Pokemon that is responsible for my life, nor shall one be responsible for my death! I will change the ideas and beliefs of these poor souls by showing them the truth!

March with me now brothers and sisters! We shall make our way to the Spear Pillar where I will make Arceus bow before MY presence! I hold in my hand the God Stone (The man raises the stone above his head and reveals it to the crowd). Never again will a Pokemon be revered as anything more that what it really is… a Pokemon.

Once I have Arceus under my control, I will give the order to all trainers spanning the five regions. “Release your Pokemon!”.

Trainers will stare into the eyes of their once great deity as they release their Pokemon. Their ignorance will be replaced by truth… MY truth!

Following the Unova incident... Never again shall I lay my trust with such a lost soul... such as N. I should have taken the Dragon for myself and lead Team Plasma to glory! I will not make the same mistake twice... We shall rule over this world!

March with me brothers and sisters! To the Spear Pillar we will change the world. I will change the world!”

No Sinnoh plz, thats even worse than Hoenn being apart of BW imo. The only reason that Ghetsis had those orbs was because we couldn't obtain them from Gen 4 anymore. While I like your plot though, thats too religeous to be implemented without backlash.

Ghetsis will most likely use Kyurem to absorb the power of N's Dragon.

As for the Unova Pokedex, please please no older Pokemon, that was one of the best things about the region. I agree that Pokemon like Bravairy or Buffulant should be made catchable alot earlier though, so keep the Pokedex but shake things up a bit.

not sinnoh, we just had that region in Gen IV

I absolutely agree that the older Pokemon should stay uncatchable until the end of the game. It's more exciting to have to form a team of entirely new Pokemon, without relying on any favorites used in previous games. (I say that, but I'm probably going to end up using the same Pokemon in B2 that I used in Black...) The flip side of that though, it would be pretty cool to be able to train some of the older Pokemon with the new exp system, earlier in the game. I hope they keep it for at least one more set of games after this.

Yeah, I think the way they've done it this Gen there's no need to go adding older pokemon into the dex. Fair enough for Platinum, because DP was a joke with the amount of new pokemon that weren't in the dex pre-Nat Dex, and also other things like having a Fire-type Elite Four with only two Fire-type lines in the entire dex.

Don't forget Rufflet and Vullaby being closer to the beginning of the game! I must agree though. I don't think they should really change the pokedex very much, just mix up exclusives and locations. Oh, and have a fishing rod available close to the beginning!!! I rather not have to wait until I obtain Surf to catch a Frillish.

Oh, and have a fishing rod available close to the beginning!!! I rather not have to wait until I obtain Surf to catch a Frillish.

The fishing rod was available post-game because the older gen water types were already encoded in Unova's waters during story mode. They also still have their original encoded requirements on which rod you need to catch them (ex: Old Rod for Magikarp). That's the most logical explanation on why we only got the Super Rod in BW1 w/o the other two rods.

I'd suggest they make the Old Rod/Good Rod available earlier on and have those get you Gen V mons, but Unova has only like three fish lines to choose from (Alomomola, Frillish, Basculin), so the encounters would be basically the same for the rods as they are for surfing... Maybe they could throw some Tympoles in the water just to shake things up. I don't know.

Again, it can't be done because then you'll be able to catch older gen Pokemon too early in the game. Say you're going to use a good rod in a random water stream in Unova, and instead of getting a Basculin, you're getting a poliwag, due to their original encodes of being caught with a good rod. The older gen water type have been in Unova's water for the whole game because adding them all of a sudden post-E4 hasn't been done, and probably never will due to possible time constraints.

@Yamii: Yes, perhaps they could have Tympoles catchable in ponds in the forests and such.

I've been thinking, if they go and give us new PC might they pull a Yellow in which will get a starter from the Unova dex? I was thinking a Zorua since it sort of fits such a role and is kind of a Gen V mascot. If they want variation maybe Minccino which I see as Zorua's opposite. Over the course of the game one could then obtain the Unova starters via different ingame events.

Last edited:

I think we'll get a starter with its hidden ability. Victini and Zorua would hopefully be obtainable in the game without an event trigger, as would maybe be Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect.

You remember how Meloetta uses Relic Song to change formes? I think they will pull a Meloetta with the new forms of Kyurem. Hear me out.

If Kyurem uses Freeze Shock, its form and typing will change into Black Kyurem. Upon transforming, the move Freeze Shock will be replaced with Bolt Strike. When Black Kyurem uses Bolt Strike, it uses up all the energy required for the new form and turns back into normal Kyurem.

If Kyurem uses Ice Burn, its form and typing will change into White Kyurem. Upon transforming, the move Ice Burn will be replaced with Blue Flare. When White Kyurem uses Blue Flare, it uses up all the energy required for the new form and turns back into normal Kyurem.

CHECK THE SPOILER BELOW TO SEE THE IMAGE OF HOW IT WILL WORK.

62163.png
Meh, they did effectively change Hypnosis within a generation (its accuracy became 60% in Platinum after it had been increased to 70% in DP). I guess internally they can give moves different effects. (Who knows, they could boost Genesect's Drive attacks.)

I'm not a fan of so utilizing Kyurem's form changes though--they'll really lose much of the potential they have to be practical, for one; for another, they'd lose the potential they have to themselves "utilize" Reshiram and Zekrom.

(Since they can alter moves within one of the games in a generation, why not alter the effects of key items within a generation? Why not just allow us to use the Light Stone or Dark Stone on Kyurem, or give it to Kyurem, alternatively? Technically speaking, at least per the flavor text of those items, the Stones are the remains of the destroyed Dragons.)

Last edited:

Again, it can't be done because then you'll be able to catch older gen Pokemon too early in the game. Say you're going to use a good rod in a random water stream in Unova, and instead of getting a Basculin, you're getting a poliwag, due to their original encodes of being caught with a good rod. The older gen water type have been in Unova's water for the whole game because adding them all of a sudden post-E4 hasn't been done, and probably never will due to possible time constraints.

The three rods have separate encounter lists. It's not that hard to just not include older Pokemon in the lists for the earlier rods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom