• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Pokémon Black 2/White 2 (Read FIRST Post before posting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the new water type gym leader will have Dewott or Samurott as his strongest Pokemon they kind of look similar kind of..

Huh, although connected to nothing, there's ice to the south of the starting city. I wonder why they would put it all the way out there, away from the other ice bits. Its also very strange to say Starting City, it just feels wrong for some reason.

Figure I might as welloffer up my thoughts on all the info too:

~ I'm really glad that it's looking like we get to choose between Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott again. I've played through with Snivy and Oshawott and wasn't too happy with either of them, Snivy especially, so I'm thinking I'll take Tepig this time. However, depending on what other Pokémon are available in this 300, this may be the first game I ditch my Starter altogether because I'd really rather not go with Tepig because of his typing – I prefer Blaziken and Infernape in their games and would like to do something different.

~ I'm really liking the little glimpse of Black//White Kyurem's sprites. It is difficult tosee, but to my eyes, there doesn't seem to be any improvement on the quality of the sprites when zoomed in like that – Serperior still seems a bit distorted like it was in BW.

~ I am ecstatically happy about the changes to the region – if it had just been th esame as BW, it would have really put me off playing this game. I am especially interested in finding out what is up with the Entralink and the effect that the changes will have on it and am looking forward to seeing how the handle all the new areas in terms of style– hoping they are all different from what we've seen so far in BW. Also, this makes me curious about the version differences in terms of region, I hope they introduce more of those.

~ My personal opinion of the ice sheet that is hiding the map is that it is added-on by the magazine – the white outline around it makes it seem out of place,like it has been stuck on over and is not actually a part of the map. My guess is that possibly the hidden part of Unova has been affected by a sort-of Ice Age of sorts and they are just not showing the changes yet. The other reason why I think this is due to the same ice sheet appearing at the very bottom left-hand corner of the images of the map as well... it all just looks so out-of-place in my opinion.

~ The new availablePokémon... I hope that they don't include the same standard ones that we've seen repeated in every generation (the ones that have beenin every regional Dex, apart from BW). I'm also curious as to seeing what the version exclusives will be and how the order of the regional Dex is altered (like, if the Unova Pokémon stay in the same order but with oldies added in ((like in Hoen)) or if the entire order will be reworked ((like in Johto))). From the screens provided of the golden oldies, they seem to have the same sprites that they had in BW, which is really disappointing... I'm hoping that that is only as a result of these being pre-release images though because I'd really like to see them all in different poses.

~ I love the new player characters, especially the female trainer (which doesn't surprise me because I always prefer the female trainer). The male trainer reminds me of Hilda and Hilbert, with a bit of Brendan thrown in. The female trainer puts me in mind of May and Lyra for some reason. The rival reminds me of Dawn in her Platinum outfit, especially with the hair (Diamond DeeDee).

~ The Gym Leaders Ifind to be very interesting, more interesting than I've ever found Gym Leaders to be. The Poison Leader looks amazing and I'm really looking forward to her anime appearance – wonder how it will factor in. The Water Leader looks really cool too, but he seems to have something by or behind him – some red and white thing near his waist on the left side of him?

~ This new “Professor”... I agree with the other suggestions that he offers the Starter Pokémon this time around, but maybe in a more unofficial capacity so that he is not stepping on Juniper's toes? Either way, he looks very intriguing and I'm looking forward to learning more about him.

~ The little shots of the new locations in-game are, to be honest, a little underwhelming to me. I hope that that is just due to the quality of the shots or maybe because it's pre-release and they can't show some of the more stunning stuff, but right now it doesn't look like all that much of a jump from BW in terms of graphical quality – at this stage, it looks like they haven't really pushed the game graphically any further than what BW did. However, in saying that, it is too early to fully judge it and I hope that my initial observation of that is proven wrong.

Overall... I want to love these games, but right now the setting and Pokémon aren't really selling it to me, the characters are. I find the games at this stage difficult to judge then because that's never happened to me before – it's always been the region, the Pokémon and the graphics that have sold me in previous instalments. Is aninteresting reversal and is, so far, enough to make me want to give these games a chance.

Anyways, thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Huh, although connected to nothing, there's ice to the south of the starting city. I wonder why they would put it all the way out there, away from the other ice bits. Its also very strange to say Starting City, it just feels wrong for some reason.

I wouldn't necessarily come to the conclusion that there has to be new areas outside that town, I would assume they just tried to "circle" the region with ice, covering up what was needed and doing the rest as a visual thing.

All of this information is great. I love the new Gym Leaders!

I hope the whole ice covering everything is better utilized in this game. Remember Platinum when they said the region went through some kind of climate change? But the only noticeable difference in climate was the hometown where it had some snow?

And all I really want is a Frontier-type area with Wi-Fi team up like Platinum did.

Last edited:
About the older pokemon appearing farther across the region, i can't find his speech text anywhere, but i vaguely remember Professor Andrew Park (the poke transfer guy) saying something to the effect that some of the transferred pokemon had escaped/were released into the surrounding area. So that "may" explain as to why the older pokemon were stuck on one side of the region, and why now 2yrs later they're more widespread. I'm not too sure on that though, as like most of you i'm sure, i mainly skimmed what he'd say and mash the A button lol

I love how in the build up to BW, the fact that no old Pokémon were appearing was really hyped. Now with B2W2, the fact that old Pokémon fill up half the Pokédex is being hyped xD.

I wouldn't necessarily come to the conclusion that there has to be new areas outside that town, I would assume they just tried to "circle" the region with ice, covering up what was needed and doing the rest as a visual thing.
There's a lake north of Hiougi City, which is directly underneath that bit of ice north of the city,connected assumedly to a route also covered. Unless that really is ice in the region, and the lookout is used to show the first instances of the damage done by Kyurem in the game.
http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/corocoro_may12_3.jpg

I'm just overwhelmed ...

I'll simply express my opinion in one word: LOOOOOOVE! :D

I love how in the build up to BW, the fact that no old Pokémon were appearing was really hyped. Now with B2W2, the fact that old Pokémon fill up half the Pokédex is being hyped xD.

I actually think that's a great way to do it. We get a set of games that gives us only the new Pokemon to make the experience feel that much more unique, and now we get a set of games that allows us to mix the old and new together.

The screenshot of the island town that sort of resembles Pacifidlog Town where it seems the Water Gym is looks great!

The screenshot of the island town that sort of resembles Pacifidlog Town where it seems the Water Gym is looks great!
Its likely that coastal area in the bit, which makes me wonder where they put the second gym, considering how that's all one city in that bit.

Its likely that coastal area in the bit, which makes me wonder where they put the second gym, considering how that's all one city in that bit.
Scratch that, it looks like the first city you meet him in some areas first, like that hut next to the first city after the starting city, and then somewhere else along the way. Confusing setup to say the least. Anyway, more random bits....
-There's something new bout the C-gears. I dunno what, but something on them is off...
-The boys wearing a wet suit, there seems to be some of its sleeve coming out of the jacket, and the girl has a bikini underneath her clothes. They gotta mean something, no point in aquatic apparel underneath the clothes.
-Those new bags are huge. Dunno how the hell he can stand the weight of em. Still loving the fanny pack, I wish it was for the PCs.
-Just noticed the portrait shots of the researcher and the rival all the way up there. Guess cutscenes are gonna come more often, unless that's part of the opening which means that this guy is the headmaster of the school.
-Where did challenger cave go?! Taking out is the strangest move for this game. I mean it felt like one of those things a sequel would help expand on.
-I can't be the only one seeing Akuroma's blue hair wisp being part of that new building south of Driftveil when zoomed in.
-As I said, there's a lake north of Hiougi City. Doesn't seem to be anyway to get there though, which is a bummer.
-I can't find the red/blue statues at all! ;_;

I hope we get more diving spots(the swim suits are a sign) Hopefully we'll be able to find pokemon underwater too like Chinchou and clamperl.

first impression

Sugimori changed the Eye design again !!?? I hope this won't effect Ash in the anime

characters looks Crazy and weird but I actually LIKE this,maybe I don't like the male player much but he's ok.

I Just wounder how they will handle these changes in the anime ??

Does anyone else absolutely adore the character designs in this game? It looks like it's going for a more anime-ish appearance than the first Black and White! :)

More speculation on my part, with pics!
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/attachm...e-2-read-first-post-before-posting-bw2map.png
Thanks Papa Papaya for making this, I'll take it down if you want.
Lets say this what they do with the map in B2W2. They add into that tiny space a good amount of routes and towns/cities. Lets say there are also location up in the ice parts. Well, if take the space they have for that much in the south, can't they easily fit another 2-3 routes and cities isolated in the part west/north of Iccurus and the E4? Same thing for the eastern bit, they have just enough space to give us another 2-3 again. Overall, what I'm trying to say is, if the subway's involved, or at least mainland Unova takes a second seat to new areas, we have just enough space to give us a new set of gyms and balance it out with useless areas as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom