• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO The Official Pokémon GO Community Day Thread!

Chikorita CD:
12 Shinies, all bad IVs; 4 worst CP-wise stayed as Chikorita, 4 in the middle evolved to Bayleef, 4 best evolved to Frenzy Plant Meganium
Level 35 93% Lucky Bayleef I got from August's trade event evolved into FP Meganium, hit 2034 CP which adds Meganium to my 2000+ CP collection, pretty satisfied
Finally, 98% Chikorita caught from a lure during CD evolved into FP Meganium to bring in the good IV option and round out the team 6

Overall I'd say it went very well: 12 Shinies is remarkable. I had fun and didn't mind getting an optimal team of 6 etc. as much, considering FP Meganium is not quite meta relevant. So I focused instead on making 4 evolutionary families out of my 12 shinies as well as a lucky entry and a good IV for the mix.

The Meltan-Ditto half hour was nice but I didn't take much advantage of it considering I was not prepared and we did 2 Mewtwo Raids nearby instead. I might've caught like 10 Ditto on the way, nothing really nice level or IV-wise.

Candy was pretty much a non-issue. I had like 200+ saved from Johto Festival but there were so many Chikorita spawns that I quickly hit my goal of 763 and just stopped using Pinap Berry and even Ultra Ball on the non-shinies. By the end I evolved 3 more Bayleef than originally intended (+72 Candy cost) and still have 458 left which I'm probably not using anytime soon. Which means I got ~1100 Candy during CD, and ~180 catches.

Beldum CD:
10 shinies, all bad IVs. Traded out my highest level for @nmihal 's highest level as our daily Special Trade in hopes of getting our only chance at a Lucky Shiny Beldum that could evolve into Meteor Mash Metagross. It didn't quite work, to no one's surprise, but as it still was my highest CP Shiny and I would not be able to trade it out like the other 9, I evolved it, then powered it up a little to reach 3005 CP.
The second best was evolved into Metang to have one of each stage in the family, the other 8 stayed Beldum; couldn't afford evolving more.

I started off with only 96 Candy, so I was a bit afraid on whether I'd reach the goal of 739 (for 6 MM Metagross). Thankfully there were enough spawns and I caught everything that wasn't Shiny with Pinap and kept it for trades, ~190 catches.

Went full catch mode only for about 2.5 of the 3 hours of the main CD window, sacrificing the last half hour plus the first half hour of the extra hour to get all 101 daily trades in. Out of which I got 5 luckies.

The last half hour was for IV checking everything, deciding the evolutions and doing them in time. Apparently I only got a 96% Lucky and everything else was 91% and below. So I did evolve (and later maxxed out) the 96% Lucky (it's one of my most favourite Pokemon now!)

And to round out the team of 6, just evolved my 4 highest CP non-Lucky Beldum and powered them up a little to hit 3000 CP.
After the 4 hours were over, I evolved a Shiny and a Lucky Metang and maxxed out the 96% Lucky.

Overall I'd say it was the most efficient CD I've ever had, getting all those catches/candies plus 100 trades was great, nowhere close to my Dratini and Larvitar attempts.

November CD?:
We know the date, it's November 10. I'm actually predicting Cyndaquil and Blast Burn Typhlosion, following the pattern set so far with starters every two months.

I've been preparing for this one ever since Chikorita was announced; Ultra Pinap on every Cyndaquil I see (that's a lot over here, thank desert biome for this!), already at almost 600 candies. Going to stop all Ultra Pinap once I hit 739, will evolve 6 but probably not power up any as I've already have a solid Fire team (including 4 maxxed out BB Zard, which are slightly better except of the few cases where Flying sub-typing is a liability; Charizard and Typhlosion have otherwise identical stats, but the former's Fire Spin wins out the latter's Ember).

I think I'll take it as lightly as I took Chikorita if not even Squirtle's CD, a nice change of pace after Beldum.

Remember guys that if you want stardust definitely try to make it to this weekend's community day event. You can get 4x stardust during the event and 6x stardust with a star piece! :)

November CD
So I did have about 800 Cyndaquil Candies before the event since they're quite common here. Did not use any Pinap Berries on them during the event, and Ultra Balls only on the Shinies (would use on high IV ones too but we didn't find any). Just focused on catching everything, as much as possible, for the Stardust; did not use Star Pieces though because I'd rather save my Coins for Premium Raid Passes and the occasional Incubator.
Unfortunately my GPS would drift way more than usual in the park I usually play CD in, so I could not get as many catches as I hoped, which meant only about 200.000 Stardust gained that day when my goal was past 300.000. Did get 6 Shinies at least, although none had good IVs.

For the extra hour I did trade some with a Best Friend and got 4 Luckies, one 98%. Evolved all of them plus 2 Shinies, and after some convincing from my friend, 2 more high level ones since I had way too much Candy and do not really plan on ever powering up more than one, if at all. Also evolved 2 more Shinies into Quilava to have 2 full Shiny evolutionary families. So now I do have 8 BB Typhlosion, 2 of which I might trade away eventually.

I'd say the event went fine for the most part; enough Shinies and exclusive move evolutions, a 98% Lucky... Just a little bummed out about the Stardust, but that can be fixed with some more grinding.

December CD?
My predictions are either on Trapinch (Earth Power on Flygon), Slakoth (Body Slam on Slaking) or Bagon (Outrage on Salamence). If and only if Gallade and gender-based Gen IV evolutions in general get released soon, Ralts could also work (can't think of likely exclusive moves for Gardevoir/Gallade though).

Personally I'd prefer Bagon of course, in which case I'm most likely maxxing out one Outrage Salamence to get done with my Dragon Top 6, even though I only have about 200 Candy saved. Trapinch is the one I'm most prepared for, however, with over 500 Candy at this point. Ralts I'm about 300+ which is a fine start, Slakoth I don't even have 100 Candy saved so meh, will still manage though.

Also hope the date isn't too inconvenient; please don't be during the holidays.

My Swinub Community Day statistics;
  • Caught 279 Swinub, 8 of them shiny.
  • 113 normale Swinub, 8 shiny, are for trade (level 20 or higher).
  • Walked 6,6km (6.006 steps according to Google Fit)
My best Swinub are 5 of 93%, those are Mamoswine now. I used up all of my Pinap berries so I end the day with 4810 Swinub candy. With the constant use of lucky eggs, incense and star piece I gained roughly 150.000xp and an equal amount of star dust.

Last edited:
Swinub was an exceptionally boring pick for Community Day. Mamoswine and the hoard of Sinnoh Stones I got was worth the hour or so I spent playing.

I did quite well on Swinub day! I was sad, because it was scheduled during when I was out of town for a convention, but the spawns surrounding the convention were so dense I managed to get 14 shinies anyway, which tied my record!!

December CD was great as a concept and I hope this year it's done again except that now that we do expect it and prepare accordingly it can be better.

January CD was very good too, with Hydro Cannon Feraligatr having immediate use VS Groudon and being best non-legendary Water type, but knowing that July should feature Swampert which is better, and of course Kyogre being even better, hurt it just a bit. Still, a widely available good Water type was called for long enough. Missing out could hurt for a newer player, though.

February CD was the most important CD for 2019 so far, I believe. Mamoswine is just a great Ice type, there was double candy and there's been no better event than triple dust since Cyndaquil. Ancient Power only having Trainer Battle use made it less stressful too. With the holiday event, missing out was also manageable if you had enough Swinub candy and spares to evolve.

March CD had lots of hype building up to it since September, with talks about Sceptile outclassing Venusaur and even the exclusive Breloom thrown in the middle... but then Grass Knot Roserade happened. Still great to build budget teams for newer players, however, like most CDs are. Missing out was not terrible either, as it was expected in advance, Equinox event featured Treecko since a few days earlier and Roserade's always there.

April was similar. Bagon was hyped since October, except this time we were not that certain about Outrage, with Fly being another option. Honestly I'd prefer that, sure Outrage Salamence is a great dragon, but Draco Meteor is not THAT much worse and we've had more than enough legendary dragons since Palkia debuted, so yeah, too many dragons. Fly could have given it a brand new role as Flying attacker that would make it more valuable to newer and more dedicated players alike while having more of a signature move feel. That said, Outrage made it less stressful. Missing out hurts a bit if you don't have Bagon candy.

May's going to be great. Blast Burn Blaziken can outclass Overheat Moltres, we haven't got a case like this since Electivire and Raikou. You can be prepared for this event, triple dust returns, missing out won't hurt as much as it would with something like Metagross (December might be a thing too). Personally even if I can only get enough time to evolve, I'm good; so it's just dust and shinies for the rest.

June? We still don't know. Hoping for Slakoth/Ralts as always, with Trapinch also possible? Then July should be Mudkip, and August could surprise us like Eevee getting 2 days last year. Speaking of which, I could see Ralts also getting 2 days because of branch evolution.

I am super excited for May's Community Day, so does March and April's. I have stacked up candies so far since Treecko and Torchic can spawn frequently in my area so I got some backed up. I would want a Dragon Tail Sceptile (since Sceptile doesn't have a Dragon-type move yet in GO), but Blast Burn Blaziken is very good one since Blazken already got a few Fighting-type moves for STAB.

For July, it would be definitely Mudkip, but I bet the staff could make a Water Festival before Mudkip Community Day (similar to what they did with Squirtle). Mudkip is non-existant in my area even when raining, so I can't wait to see more towards Water Festival. Plus, Hydro Cannon Swampert could make him even more viable since Swampert already got good Ground-type moves (I have an Earthquake Swampert).

By the way, I can't wait for Mega Evolutions so I can use Blast Burn Mega Blaziken or Earthquake Mega Swampert for greater effect.

Did anyone remember the Mudkip meme?

Eh. I don't like Slakoth Community Day this June, as I was hoping for Ralts. I'll make a Truancy on this one.

But for July, I may get Hydro Cannon/Earthquake Swampert, but they should make Water Festival first before Mudkip Community Day. Mudkip are scarce in my area and he was my former main-favorite Pokémon (I do still like him tho).

I wasn't excited for Slakoth but I went out to get a few shinies any way, only to get treated to short but fierce rain showers. In between those (and several attempts from the wind at snapping my new umbrella) I got 2 shinies on my main account and about 5 on my second one. Community Day spawns are appearantly controlled by the weather system in the game and when that went dead in the last 1,5 hour I gave up and went home. The only good I got today was a 100% Happiny (10km egg) and a 98% Cranidos (2km egg).

Edit;
Oh, right, with the Adventure Weeks giving 10x more XP at spinning new Poke stops did my second account receive about 500.000xp today just from spinning new stops in Nijmegen (NL).

Another daimn edit;
There you have it, Slakoth CD was ruined;

View: https://twitter.com/NianticHelp/status/1137533854997237760?s=20

Last edited:
I'm also really excited for Ralts day. I'll be hunting for shiny Rayquaza the morning leading up to the community day and I have the final research quests to cash in that give 100k XP each. I'm already halfway to level 40 and I expect to take another huge chunk out of it this weekend!!

EDIT: halfway meaning 2.5 million out of the 5 million required to level up

Ralts CD was just bloody awful for me. Only a few shiny and all of them low IVs. I caught plenty of Ralts before today, hatched them from eggs, did Kirlia raids and traded between my two accounts. None with good IVs. Now almost at 2500 Ralts candy with nothing noteworthy.

I still don't have a Gallade and Gardevoir on both accounts.

Slakoth CD felt kinda bad while I was playing it but at the end of the day it was not as terrible as others I've had ago. Basically I didn't have free time for the first 2 hours, I was just commuting and tried to catch as much as possible from the bus, with incense etc. which got me 4 shinies because I was like super lucky. Last hour I hit a place with 9 lured stops and figured I'd rather try to make up for my lackluster catches than walk around for the egg distance bonus. But then weather went down for Europe and I was lucky enough to see like 10 Slakoth the entire hour and one shiny. So less than 100 catches, 5 shinies... which is still better than Bagon's 4 shinies. Of course compensation weekend happened and I got 8 more there for a total of 13, so all's fine now. And I got very lucky with the trades too, 4 100s! All evolved with Body Slam.

Mudkip CD I was on my hometown but thankfully some Ingress players have filled the place with new stops, so I managed to get 8 shinies and some decent IVs/levels to evolve. Got a 100 from trades later, this will have to wait until December I guess.

Ralts CD went great too there with 15 shinies, that's a new record for 3 hour events. Got enough candy to evolve 6 each of Synchronoise Gardevoir and Gallade and 1000 spares, also a 100 from trades later which is female, so it can only be Gardevoir. Idk if it will wait for December or evolved away as pure Fairy attacker whenever that's needed.

Looking forward to Turtwig because of triple dust. Other than that I have candies and high levels and a 98% saved, so not bad.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom