• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

:dead: the-three-stooges-1.jpg the-three-stooges-1.jpg For 1 Latios is fast w/o timid nature so change the nature to adament or something for special attack. These are the moves you need Draco Meteor, Blizzard, Psychic, & Fire Blast. (P.S. this is my Latios moveset and I beat the elite 4 in Hoenn with just this(lvl 70) and a Swampert(lvl 70)) Best for Emerald, Soulsilver, and Black 2.

:dead:View attachment 87134View attachment 87134For 1 Latios is fast w/o timid nature so change the nature to adament or something for special attack. These are the moves you need Draco Meteor, Blizzard, Psychic, & Fire Blast. (P.S. this is my Latios moveset and I beat the elite 4 in Hoenn with just this(lvl 70) and a Swampert(lvl 70)) Best for Emerald, Soulsilver, and Black 2.

How about this?

Typhlosion
Ability: Blaze
Nature: +Speed, -Sp. Def.
EVs: Random Spread for now
Item: Choice Specs/Life Orb
Moves:
Solar Beam
Focus Blast
Eruption
Flamethrower

I almost always use him in double battles with Serperior, who uses Sunny Day right before Typhlosion. Almost always out-speeding the foes, he uses eruption powered by stab, sunny day, and an item. If there's a water, rock, or ground type, it can use sunny day to use solar beam, and focus blast was thrown in for anyone that can resist both. It's basically the same strathegy in single battles, just usually without sunny day, and more focus blasts (since eruption grows weaker with damage.)

How about this?

Typhlosion
Ability: Blaze
Nature: +Speed, -Sp. Def.
EVs: Random Spread for now
Item: Choice Specs/Life Orb
Moves:
Solar Beam
Focus Blast
Eruption
Flamethrower

I almost always use him in double battles with Serperior, who uses Sunny Day right before Typhlosion. Almost always out-speeding the foes, he uses eruption powered by stab, sunny day, and an item. If there's a water, rock, or ground type, it can use sunny day to use solar beam, and focus blast was thrown in for anyone that can resist both. It's basically the same strathegy in single battles, just usually without sunny day, and more focus blasts (since eruption grows weaker with damage.)

I battled one of those in that rotationals tourney. Lucky bastard crit'd my Starmie.

Eh, I'd suggest a Choice Scarf to boost the base 100 Spe because you are otherwise outsped by notable threats such as Starmie, Garchomp, and the musketeers. And the EV spread should have maximum investment in SpA and Spe with the remaining 6 in Def/HP. I'd also suggest Fire Blast over Flamethrower for the power bonus and the fact that you'd be Choice Locked, but if you want to run Life Orb over a Choice item and/or prefer the reliability, Flamethrower is a viable option.

Last edited:
Here's a shot, before I test it out:

Amoonguss (M), holding Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Calm nature, 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 Sp. Def

Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Spore
???(Possibly Hidden Power Rock to take out checking types, or Clear Smog for STAB and stat takedowns)

The intent here is to put 'em to sleep, Seed them, and NEVER RUN OUT OF HP.

Here's a shot, before I test it out:

Amoonguss (M), holding Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Calm nature, 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 Sp. Def

Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Spore
???(Possibly Hidden Power Rock to take out checking types, or Clear Smog for STAB and stat takedowns)

The intent here is to put 'em to sleep, Seed them, and NEVER RUN OUT OF HP.

Amoonguss is pretty bulky with his 114/70/80 defences, but neither the physical or special defence stats are high enough to split that EV spread and still allow Amoonguss to tank several hits. Because of this, I'd suggest that you either max out SpD or Def depending on what your team needs. The last 4 EV's can go into SpA or the other defence stat.

The last slot will depend on your team and which tier you are using it in. If you don't have a phazer on your team, I'd suggest Clear Smog though. Otherwise.... probably Sludge Bomb to hit those pokemon that are immune to Leech.

Amoonguss is pretty bulky with his 114/70/80 defences, but neither the physical or special defence stats are high enough to split that EV spread and still allow Amoonguss to tank several hits. Because of this, I'd suggest that you either max out SpD or Def depending on what your team needs. The last 4 EV's can go into SpA or the other defence stat.

The last slot will depend on your team and which tier you are using it in. If you don't have a phazer on your team, I'd suggest Clear Smog though. Otherwise.... probably Sludge Bomb to hit those pokemon that are immune to Leech.

So, not the Hidden Power Rock? I mean, it does hit Fire and Flying super effectively, both of which are Amoonguss's main counters. And for Pokemon immune to Leech Seed, there's always Giga Drain, though I can see how Clear Smog/Sludge Bomb could destroy Grass-type checkers.

So, not the Hidden Power Rock? I mean, it does hit Fire and Flying super effectively, both of which are Amoonguss's main counters. And for Pokemon immune to Leech Seed, there's always Giga Drain, though I can see how Clear Smog/Sludge Bomb could destroy Grass-type checkers.
Giga won't hit grass types hard.

And for Flying and Fire checks, your best bet is a switch.

Giga won't hit grass types hard.

And for Flying and Fire checks, your best bet is a switch.

Eh, fair enough-Spore can cover me for that.

I have a Glaceon lv 82 with blizzard, shadow ball, hidden power (psychic)and frost breath.
I'm going into a state tournament in 2 weeks with this as a main member.

Hi, I'm thinking of making a physical sweeper Simisear. I'm trying hard not to look at what Smogon has as this will ruin it for me, I don't like copying off tried and trusted ideas as that is boring.

With only 70 base power Fire Punch is as good as it gets for him as a physical STAB move. I would actually prefer the weaker Flame Charge for the guaranteed speed boost. Whereas if it was going to be a special attacker it can access Fire Blast or Overheat which are much more powerful...

I don't have a moveset yet obviously but is this viable, even if no moves have above 100 base power?

Sure it's viable, a set like Flame Charge, Fire Punch, Superpower, and a coverage move like Shadow Claw, Return or the likes can do well. Or you could go for a special Flame Charge set though, with Flame Charge boosting it's speed, and then using Flamethrower/Fire Blast and the more powerful special attacking moves.

Sure it's viable, a set like Flame Charge, Fire Punch, Superpower, and a coverage move like Shadow Claw, Return or the likes can do well. Or you could go for a special Flame Charge set though, with Flame Charge boosting it's speed, and then using Flamethrower/Fire Blast and the more powerful special attacking moves.

Oh okay. I was thinking of leaving one slot for a support move like Bulk Up/Work up/Hone Claws. I would like SUperpower but will have to go with something else as I don't have BW2 to tutor that move. Thanks for your input.

Breloom @ Focus Sash | Technician
Adamant | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Spore | Stun Spore | Mach Punch | Bullet Seed

Everyone uses Spore on Breloom - well, not everyone, but I'm almost convinced that 99% of reputable players use a sleeping move on Breloom. After all, it's the foremost reason to use the fungus. One thing that I don't think people realize about Breloom, though, is that it also gets Stun Spore - using the two support moves together means that Breloom has a chance of crippling not only one, but two Pokemon on the opponent's team. Naturally, Stun Spore isn't necessarily superior to the other options at Breloom's disposal, namely Swords Dance, Force Palm, and Low Sweep - even Stone Edge could serve as a more reliable option than Stun Spore.

Stun Spore is really a situational option, but I thought it might be an interesting idea.

Edit: After having tested this set in about forty battles, I'm going to have to say this isn't a good idea. Even though double powder Breloom is novel and ostensibly appealing option, in my opinion, it simply doesn't perform consistently enough to be worth using. It's possible that I might be biased, though; Stun Spore's mediocre 75% accuracy made a lot of matches more difficult for me than they should have been, and my team made Stun Spore totally unnecessary (it was literally Landorus-T + three priority users + a TWaver + a Scarfer). However, I feel like this Breloom just isn't cut out to reliably paralyze even one Pokemon. If you really want paralysis on your Breloom, stick to Force Palm and Spore. You'll get a lot more mileage out of it that way.

Last edited:
Hey! I can't seem to find any info about this tactic, but I'm sure it's been tried before. I don't do a lot of competitive battling, but this thing has been pretty effective as a mid-battle resource as my friends are doing more and more battling.

Spiritomb (Crane Wife)
(F) @ Lum Berry
Pressure
Evs: 170 HP, 170 Def, 170 SpD
Bold nature
-Spite
-Imprison
-Torment
-Rest

The tactic here (obviously) is to out PP the other team, especially pokemon with big, hard hitting moves that only have a few shots in them and with rest and a lack of weakness, she's pretty ready to do that. I might use taunt instead of imprison, but I don't want someone else to have Rest. It's usually followed by a sweeper (like Tyrantar) after the other team is out of PP. I'm toying with using Wonder Room before, as the speed stat is particularly low.
Thoughts? Is there another tread talking about this somewhere else on the net?

A personal favourate of mine is my Lucario lead.

Jolly
252 attack 252 speed 4 hp
Focus Sash

Close combat
Extreme speed
Swords dance
Crunch/Ice Punch (I vary this often)

I find this to be an incredible offensive opener, the sash gives it a chance for a SD boosted Extreme speed on anything, and a boosted CC on set up leads. I stil haven't quite decided on crunch or ice punch, Crunch is obviously useful for ghost leads, but Ice punch KOs a dragonite after a SD.
Anyway, let me know what you think :)

Hey! I can't seem to find any info about this tactic, but I'm sure it's been tried before. I don't do a lot of competitive battling, but this thing has been pretty effective as a mid-battle resource as my friends are doing more and more battling.

Spiritomb (Crane Wife)
(F) @ Lum Berry
Pressure
Evs: 170 HP, 170 Def, 170 SpD
Bold nature
-Spite
-Imprison
-Torment
-Rest

The tactic here (obviously) is to out PP the other team, especially pokemon with big, hard hitting moves that only have a few shots in them and with rest and a lack of weakness, she's pretty ready to do that. I might use taunt instead of imprison, but I don't want someone else to have Rest. It's usually followed by a sweeper (like Tyrantar) after the other team is out of PP. I'm toying with using Wonder Room before, as the speed stat is particularly low.
Thoughts? Is there another tread talking about this somewhere else on the net?

Your Spiritomb should have an attacking move, or else Taunt will be an issue. You should choose an STAB from which attacking stat is higher.

Would anyone like to rate my Regice?

Regice
Ability: Clear Body
Bashful nature
Holds the Quick Claw
EVs: 4 Defense, 252 Special Attack, 252 Special Defense

-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Hidden Power Water (power 59)

Despite the defensive EVs, this is mostly an offensive Regice exploiting its defense to keeping on scoring knockouts. I think it's useful ingame, ( I can't connect to Wi-Fi, my internet is incompatible with Pokemon games) but I would like to see what everyone thinks.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom