• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

This Pokemon may be a little meh, as I've never really went too far into competitive battling.

Golurk lv. 68
Bold (IMO I think this is decent, as it helps balance his attack and defense.) / Iron Fist
Likes to relax.
Attack: 191
Defense: 141
Sp. Atk: 96
Sp. Def: 128
Speed: 102
HP: 224

Moveset:
Earthquake
Hammer Arm
Phantom Force
Fly

EDIT: Do the Pokemon here have to be level 100?

Nothing against you personally, but this is one of my pet peeves and a number of people have done it. Posting a Pokemon like you have makes it almost impossible for us to rate it without doing complex calculations to find your EVs, which are very important when rating a Pokemon, as they determine how well your Pokemon can perform it's role on your team.

For future reference for all people wanting to get a Pokemon rated, the format is:

Pokemon Name @ Item Name
Ability
Nature
HP EVs/Attack EVs/Defense EVs/Special Attack EVs/Special Defense EVs/Speed EVs*
~Move 1
~Move 2
~Move 3
~Move 4

(*When 0 EVs are invested in a stat, omit it's slash. For instance, the EV spread of a mixed attacking Abomasnow with a Brave Nature and 252 EVs each in Attack and Special Attack and 4 EVs in HP would look like this:

4 HP/252 Atk/252 Sp Atk

instead of this:

4 HP/252 Atk/0 Def/252 Sp Atk/0 Sp Def/0 Speed)

Additionally, you can choose to indicate the Pokemon's nature within the EV spread so that those unfamiliar with the nature chart do not have to look it up by adding a + or - next to the relevant number. If you choose to do this, the EV spread of the Abomasnow becomes this:

4 HP/252+ Atk/252 Sp Atk/0- Speed

It becomes necessary to include the Speed even though it is 0 in order to indicate that it is the lowered stat. This is entirely optional, however If you put it all together, the proper RMP for our Abomasnow (with the optional parts included in parentheses) would look something like this:

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Snow Warning
Brave
4 HP/252(+) Atk/252 Sp Atk(/0- Speed)
~Blizzard
~Energy Ball
~Ice Shard
~Earthquake

(As a side note, these are the accepted abbreviations for each stat to be used in EV reads, they are typically intuitive, but Speed and Special Defense often throw people off:

HP: HP
Attack: Atk, Att
Defense: Def
Special Attack: Sp Atk, Sp Att, SpA, SAtk, SAtt, SA, Spa
Special Defense: Sp Def, SpD, SDef, SD, Spd
Speed: Speed, Spe)

Well this is the lead I use. It is incredibly effective for me (kills all the things and such) and I just thought I would share it.

386S.png

Deoxys-s@ Focus sash
252+ Atk/252 spe/4 Hp

-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Superpower
-Fire Punch

This guy can pack a punch. Guaranteed two moves except for prankster users, which he can usually 2ko, and mega ttar/chopplettar.

Attachments

• 386S.png
    386S.png
    950 bytes · Views: 128
noivern.gif

Noivern @ [Item TBD]
Infiltrator
Timid
4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Speed
~Draco Meteor
~U-Turn
~Substitute
~Hurricane

Thanks for the heads up, let me fix up what I had before, according to the example you gave me:

Golurk
Iron Fist
Bold
80 HP/252- Atk/44+ Def/44 Sp Def/88 Spe (resetted all EVs, and then raised them all back to the ones I wanted.)
~Earthquake
~Hammer Arm
~Phantom Force
~Fly

Your EVs are too spread out. For instance, why are you investing at all in Speed? I'd recommend 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
in order to maximize your damage output while keeping bulk reasonably high. Second, your move set needs work. Except for in very niche cases, two-turn moves are terrible. You should for sure have Shadow Punch, as 60 x 1.5 x 1.2 = 108 BP per turn while (90 x 1.5)/2 = 67.5 BP per turn, while also giving the opponent a free switch to a Ghost-resistant mon. Fly should be replaced by Stone Edge in order to achieve EdgeQuake as well as Fighting/Ghost coverage.

Ampharos @ ampharosite
Static/Mold Breaker
Bold
252 HP/96 Def/4 Sp.Att/156 Sp.Def
-Cotton Guard
-Light Screen
-Dragon Pulse
-Thunderbolt

Thinking of replacing Dragon Pulse with Rest.

separate from the previous post:

ampharos @ ampharosite
trait: static -> mold breaker
evs: 52 hp / 204 spd / 252 satk
modest nature (+satk, -atk)
- agility
- thunderbolt
- dragon pulse
- focus blast

i think the evs outpace anything you'd care about outspeeding? idk ?_?

Saw an annoying Trevenant in the Battle Maison, thought I might make a variation of it.
Trevenant@Sitrus Berry
Harvest
252 HP/252 Atk/6+ Def/0- Spa
Sunny Day
Ingrain
Phantom Force
Power-Up Punch/ X-Scissor

What you think?

Leech Seed/Will-O-Wisp/Horn Leech/Shadow Claw or Substitute with a more defensive spread works better, in my experience, but then you obviously need Sun support.

Crobat@Black Sludge
Infiltrator
176 HP, 192 Attk, 136+ Spd, 2 SpD
Jolly Nature
Cross Poison
Brave Bird
Confuse Ray
U-Turn

This isn't really a post to rate my Pokemon. I just caught Latios on B2 in preparation for transport to Y. I spent a while synchronizing for Timid nature and flawless Speed. I got it and then I saved, so it's too late to keep soft resetting for better IVs... It's going to be a dual screens lead with maximum invested Speed and HP.

It has 5, 6/x/11, 12/18, 19/11, 12/31

Some really bad defenses. But it has the best possible Speed, and a useable Special Attack if I run an attack on it for utility. This was the result of many SRs and running around the Dreamyard.

Is it useable in competitive play? Is it usual for legendaries to have crap IVs in competitive play (unless RNGd)?

Crobat@Black Sludge
Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
Cross Poison
Brave Bird
Confuse Ray
U-Turn

Koala: I would invest maximum EVs in Speed, since the majority of your moves are attacks. Or at least enough EVS to Outspeed Timid Noivern. Not sure about the rest.

Crobat@Black Sludge
Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
Cross Poison
Brave Bird
Confuse Ray
U-Turn

Confuse Ray is pretty unreliable, I'd use Roost instead. I might also drop Cross Poison, U-Turn, or both, as Taunt and Defog are both very desirable. You should also move 72 EVs from Atk into Speed, as 120 Atk is all you need to OHKO Alakazam.

547.gif

Whimsicott @ Leftovers @ Bold
Prankster
252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
~Moonblast
~Encore
~Stun Spore
~Taunt/Giga Drain/Leech Seed

Still trying to decide on the last move

547.gif

Whimsicott @ Leftovers @ Bold
Prankster
252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
~Moonblast
~Encore
~Stun Spore
~Taunt/Giga Drain/Leech Seed

Still trying to decide on the last move

Well, if you are using it in the lead position, taunt will be useful. Because of the defense, leech seed would also be good. From there, you can even drop moonblast for giga drain, as your main problem, fire types, resist moonblast anyway.

Ferrothorn @ Occa Berry @ Brave
Iron Barbs
31/31/31/x/31/0
252HP/252Att/4SpD

-Curse
-Gyro Ball
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip

I already have one or two Pokémon with Stealth Rock in the same team, so Ferrothorn doesn't need to know that move.

What do you think about my Mewtwo?

This is my Mewtwo right now, I want to now what do you think about him
Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite Y
IV's: ??/??/??/31/31/31
EV's: 252 Special Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 Defense
Ability: Pressure ---> Insomnia
Moves: Recover/ Psystrike/ Shadow Ball/ Aura Sphere

Charizard @Charizardite Y
Timid
31/x/31/31/31/31
4HP/252SpAtk/252Spe

Flamethrower/Heat Wave
Solar Beam
Dragon Pulse/Focus Blast
Air Slash/Roost

what do you think of the moveset?

Last edited:
Assuming singles, you want Fire Blast, Focus Blast, and Roost. Also, Jolly is unfortunate.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom