• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

hello i think you lot need to see the power of what is clefable this gen.

i have swept teams with it vs mega kangaskhan, maga blazken

it has:
calm mind
moonlight
moon blast
flamethrower / hidden power ground

bold nature, magic guard, leftovers
252 HP
252 D
6 SD

an example of its power:
VU9G-WWWW-WWW6-BUHL

it has:
calm mind
moonlight
moon blast

252 HP
252 D
6 SD

an example of its power:
VU9G-WWWW-WWW6-BUHL

We know the power of Clefable, but there are much better fairies. Sylveon and Togekiss come to mind doing what Clefable does better.

Otherwise the set you posted is the standard set.

it has:
calm mind
moonlight
moon blast

252 HP
252 D
6 SD

an example of its power:
VU9G-WWWW-WWW6-BUHL

We know the power of Clefable, but there are much better fairies. Sylveon and Togekiss come to mind doing what Clefable does better.

Otherwise the set you posted is the standard set.

No, Clefable has a very strong niche as a tank this gen, especially with Cosmic Power + Stored Power + Softboiled + Fire Blast. Sylveon is more of a cleric and Togekiss a sweeper. There's a reason why Clefable is OU, it has its own niche apart from them.

i used Sylveon before clefable and i honestly in comparison to what clefable can do it sucks magic guard is just so strong to calm mind and not worry about poison

How's this for an anti-support lead?

Greninja (Timid) @BrightPowder
Protean

252 SpA/Spe
4 HP

-Taunt
-Protect
-Scald
-Ice Beam

Protean

252 SpA/Spe
4 HP

-Taunt
-Protect
-Scald
-Ice Beam

Bright Powder is illegal under Smogon's Evasion clause. Also Greninja is better off running a 4 Attack Expert Belt set.

How reliable is BrightPowder as an item? If it isn't that reliable, it'd just be a waste of a Held Item. I'd suggest a Focus Sash since Greninja isn't very defensive or maybe a Sitrus Berry or Expert Belt or something.

Protean

252 SpA/Spe
4 HP

-Taunt
-Protect
-Scald
-Ice Beam

Bright Powder is illegal under Smogon's Evasion clause. Also Greninja is better off running a 4 Attack Expert Belt set.
I don't follow smogon. I do VGC instead

Well Brightpowder is still very unreliable. Greninja is just better running 4 Attack Expert Belt. And if you just run VGC Doubles than there is no reason to have Taunt. VGC Double is a fast paced meta with little to no switches so there is no reason to ward off Stealth Rocks and Spikes. You're basically wasting a move slot to prevent your opponent from putting up Rain Dance, which is rare because if someone wanted to put up weather they'd have a Pokemon with Drizzle, Drought, or Sand Stream

Nah Taunt can be used to screw with Trick Room users also, and other field moves (but thise are less common).

You'll find that taunt can really screw with all the Meowstic that set up against your team. God, if I had taunt on one occasion I wouldn't have had my whole team swept by a JP team XD As for the powder, I really wasn't sure what item to give it, and expert belt isn't what I need because the entire purpose of this greninja is to be annoying.

Ok this is what i was thinking for a set up:

Adamant Carracosta Sturdy Weakness Policy.

Stealth Rock / Stone Edge
Aquajet
Shell Smash
protect (stop fake out)

252 attack
252 speed

If it can get Weakness Policy and Shell Smash off that's some bad ass turtle

It looks like your trying to combine it's gen 5 offensive set with its tank set. I'd say go for this:

Carracosta@ Life Orb/Weakness Policy
Solid Rock
Jolly
252 Attk/4 Def/252 Spe

Shell Smash
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Aqua Jet

If you want to do a tank set go for:

Carracosta@ Leftovers
Solid Rock
Adamant
248 HP/252 Attk/8 Def

Stealth Rock
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Toxic

I want to use Jumpluff. I'm trying out both Offensive and Defensive sets (does this count as one Pokemon?).

Offensive:
jumpluff-2.gif

Jumpluff@Choice Specs
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Modest
252 SpA/252 Spd/6 HP

Moveset:
Dazzling Gleam
Giga Drain
Hyper Beam
Hidden Power Rock

I've practiced with Offensive a bit and it seems to be decent, but I'm wondering if there's a better Special move than Hyper Beam, which is just there because it's a Special move. Any suggestions?

Defensive:
jumpluff-3.gif

Jumpluff@???
Ability: Infiltrator
Nature: Bold
252 HP/200 Spd/58 Def

Moveset:
Cotton Guard
Substitute
Toxic
Leech Seed

I've fought against one of these and it seemed decent enough, but are there any improvements that can be made?

I want to use Jumpluff. I'm trying out both Offensive and Defensive sets (does this count as one Pokemon?).

Offensive:
jumpluff-2.gif

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Timid
252 SpA/252 Spd/6 HP

Moveset:
Dazzling Gleam
Solar Beam
Synthesis / Aromatherapy
Hidden Power Ground

I've practiced with Offensive a bit and it seems to be decent, but I'm wondering if there's a better Special move than Hyper Beam, which is just there because it's a Special move. Any suggestions?

Defensive:
jumpluff-3.gif

Jumpluff @ ???
Ability: Infiltrator
Nature: Bold
252 HP/200 Spd/58 Def

Moveset:
Cotton Guard
Substitute
Toxic
Leech Seed

I've fought against one of these and it seemed decent enough, but are there any improvements that can be made?

Fixes are in Bold. I don't even want to touch the Defensive Set just because Taunt shuts it down, which is always a no-no.

Fixes are in Bold. I don't even want to touch the Defensive Set just because Taunt shuts it down, which is always a no-no.

Is HP Ground really better than HP Rock? And wouldn't Offensive Jumpluff be too weak without the Specs? Also, how do people normally run Defensive Jumpluff so as not to get shut down by Taunt?

Is HP Ground really better than HP Rock? And wouldn't Offensive Jumpluff be too weak without the Specs? Also, how do people normally run Defensive Jumpluff so as not to get shut down by Taunt?

HP Ground hits Steel's, Rock's, and Fire's, 2 of which Jumpluff is weak to. HP Rock only hits Fire, Ice, and Flying. Since Jumpluff is 4x weak to Ice I'd hope you wouldn't keep it in. HP Rock is really only good against CharY and Talonflame, while HP Ground hits Heatran, CharX, Mega Venu, and more.

Also I hope you're running this Jumpluff on a Sun team.

HP Ground hits Steel's, Rock's, and Fire's, 2 of which Jumpluff is weak to. HP Rock only hits Fire, Ice, and Flying. Since Jumpluff is 4x weak to Ice I'd hope you wouldn't keep it in. HP Rock is really only good against CharY and Talonflame, while HP Ground hits Heatran, CharX, Mega Venu, and more.

Also I hope you're running this Jumpluff on a Sun team.

I was planning on it, yes~

U-Turn lets you get out of a Taunt while doing chip damage and build momentum in general. Also, Cotton Guard isn't that great as it disappears on switchout, which you will have to be doing a lot due to the 4x Ice weakness and all the other ones, too, to a lesser extent. So swap that for U-Turn.

U-Turn lets you get out of a Taunt while doing chip damage and build momentum in general. Also, Cotton Guard isn't that great as it disappears on switchout, which you will have to be doing a lot due to the 4x Ice weakness and all the other ones, too, to a lesser extent. So swap that for U-Turn.

What about the rest of it; I also don't have an item for it. And should I keep Infiltrator on it?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom