• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just beat Totem Togedemaru. It was a little sad lol. Sent out my Trevenant, used Leech Seed and Will-O-Wisp, tanked attacks, and just watched it slowly fade away

Back to it today :)
First of all, I went to visit the Alolan Vulpix in the Aether Trailer on Route 08. I then hunted down the Ditto Five, which was such a creepy side story and one that should definitely be expanded upon in the future, be it through other games or an episode of the anime.
I made my way through Memorial Hill to the Ruins and defeated Olivia with ease. Two down, two to go! Before heading to the hotel to meet Faba, I went and caught more Pokemon and obtained the available Fossils for the Pokedex. I also evolved Wimpod into Golisopod, who I boxed. Until I catch my last two team members, I plan on keeping Pokemon in those slots for the purposes of evolving them. Currently levelling up a female Salandit and a Chansey.
I explored the outer areas of the hotel, that Pikachu wedding was so cute! I played with the Sandygast on the beach and was totally surprised by the Totem Sticker hiding underneath! I wonder what other secrets the overworld Pokemon might be hiding...

Current Main Team Status:
Incineroar, male, Level 38.
Lopunny, female, Level 36.
Lycanroc, female, Level 35.
Leafeon, female, Level 35.

Pokedex Completion Status:
Melemele, seen 95, caught 83.
Akala, seen 102, caught 79.
Alola Total, seen 166, caught 133.
33% Complete.

Beat Guzma easily - though him only having two Pokemon was a little sad. He crushed my Lycanroc with Razor Shell though. Team started feeling a little overleveled so I turned off the Exp. Share for now.

I went to visit the Alolan Vulpix in the Aether Trailer on Route 08

Speaking of which, what does this amount to? What purpose? Do they gift it to you or anything?

DoctorWhy said:
Speaking of which, what does this amount to? What purpose? Do they gift it to you or anything?

I am not sure yet, it seems they went up "a cold mountain" so I guess I will find out much later haha.

I started off tonight by transferring more Pokemon from X and Moon, specifically Passimian and the other Fossils not available in Ultra Moon.
I went to see Faba and got the very exciting tour of Aether Paradise (yawn). Although the appearance of the Ultra Recon Squad and Lusamine appearing a bit more direct about conducting Ultra Wormhole experiments was slightly refreshing.
I then explored Malie City after arriving on Ula'ula Island and evolved Chansey and Salandit. Shortly after evolving Salandit, I found my 50th Totem Sticker and received a gift Totem Salazzle! Needless to say I felt like I had wasted my time a little, but maybe I can trade my regular Salazzle for something on the GTS.
I loved the Katonian Gym experience, the music is so fun and wish they had done the original Trainer and Gym Leader music for the battles though. I also loved that the Trainers walked towards you like they used to for the battles.
I then found the owner of the Lost Pokeball item and very nearly broke my heart haha. So many touching side stories in this game.
Anyways, stopping for the night before meeting Lillie in the library tomorrow.

Current Team Status:
Incineroar, male, Level 39.
Lopunny, female, Level 38.
Lycanroc, female, Level 38.
Leafeon, female, Level 38.

Melemele, seen 106, caught 95.
Akala, seen 120, caught 104.
Ula'ula, seen 65, caught 54.
Alola Total, seen 196, caught 168.
42% Complete.

Last edited:
Due to craptons of issues of my game's delivery being late, I only just got Ultra Sun today. Though I didn't make as much progress as I would have liked, I did make it to the point where I am currently about to take on Illima's trial.

After soft resetting for a good 2.5 hours, I finally got my female Popplio (who will not be evolving into those hideous evolutions btw. I only needed her to be female due to the name theme I'm doing.) I also caught my second official team member, a female Alolan Meowth. I've also got a Buneary and Furfrou for backup at the moment.

I've avoided spoilers like the plague so I don't know much about the story. I'm really interested in Dulse and Zossie. I didn't expect to run into them so much and so early in the story already. Also, that electric noise that sounds whenever they show up is both cool and creepy.

I really liked how Rotom's scanner shows up when you encounter a Pokemon that you see for the first time. It just seems more realistic. Also, I'm loving being able to talk to him, I just wish that would happen more often. RotoLoto is nice as well.

I also was surprised to see the Totem Stickers being introduced so early and being hung up by Illima no less. Interesting how Team Skull has added stealing Totem Skickers to their list of toublemaking activities along with disrupting trials.

Lastly, I'm loving the graphical improvements such as the beautiful environments and even animated loss screens for defeated trainers. I'm excited to see what comes up later in the game.

I just beat the Elite 4. The battle with Hau was the easiest for me than all the others in the game.

My final team for the E4:

Naganadel (he's kind of useless because he's still under leveled, but he looks cool)
A-Sandslash (Hail + Blizzard or the Z move for steel offensive moves were his specialty)
Muddsdale (he knows Superpower, Heavy Slam, High Horsepower, Earthquake; he was awesome to use to stall trainers while I healed my team)
Incineroar (he was okay, not my major powerhouse)
Decidueye (same as Incineroar, not a huge powerhouse)
Dusk form Lycanroc (weakest Lycanroc I've had yet)

I was apathetic to A-Sandshrew/Sandslash, but it was a useful battler. In Ultra Moon, I'm going to give A-Vulpix/Ninetails a try, at least it would be easier to use to take down Hau's Noivern.

Trial one complete. Gumshoos spammed Scary Face so I was annoyed, really.

Zubat- level 13
Litten - 13
Buneary - 13
Pichu - 13
Zorua - 12
Butterfree -11

After visiting it three times, it becomes an interactable Pokémon on Mt. Lanakila.

As for my journey, haven't been able to do much yet cause I had to work way longer than expected yesterday :cry: But played a bit in the morning to catch a Natu since it's only available during the day, and named it Noki. Only to find out it sadly only has Omnious Wind as an attacking move and isn't going to learn Psychic until lvl.33 :( Oh well, it's cute to look at so don't mind having at the top of my party for a while to train.

Been a few days since I posted an update. I've been without internet in my house a lot, so I haven't been able to work on project, so Pokemon it is. I've played quite a bit yesterday and today.

I finished up through Akala Island yesterday, Oliva being only a bit harder than I remembered, and did the beginning of Ula'Ula, battling Hau, and seeing Lillie in the library, but not after buying my first new set of clothes since the first island. Kyler evolved into a Decidudeye, menaing I I only had one more Pokemon that needed to evolve before I had a fully evolved team. Sophocles trial felt a little tougher this time around, not the trial itself, but the totem. The trial kind of annoyed me though, because for the life of me I couldn't figure out how Sophocles would want to connect the third line of charjabug. When I finally did it I realized I was a complete idiot. Totem Togedemaru is an interesting idea but damn that thing nearly wiped my team. I've noticed throughout the game that there have been some level raises, and the fact that I am using a team this time around with a lot of weaknesses, and not the best coverage against other types (I don't have moves that can handle fairy or dragon type Pokemon). Also Molayne's still adorable in this game confirmed. What, I like cutesy smarty glasses wearing pretty boys.

Heading down south on Ula'Ula, I completed Acerola's trial with relative ease, and quite liked the little changes with it. But oh no, Team Skull nabbed that little Yungoos. Of course I go to save it. Gosh that line from Nanu still gets me. I mean I like Nanu but wow, dude, this is a kids game. fighting through the grunts felt much easier this time around than I remember. I just remember it feeling long, but this time it felt shorter. guzma still gives a fun battle. After heading back though, I discover that Lillie gets kidnapped again in this games. I think Gladion's reaction is a bit different to this, in his lines. He says something different this time around. The little changes I tend to like.

Nanu challenged me before leaving to go get Lillie, and I found his battle this time around easier as well. (Not too easy though, just easier). I claimed my Z-crystal, and we made our way to Aether. I found this time it felt like their were a lot more grunts around, but I thin it was also because I went out of my way to find them all and challenge them. I don't regret that though, because by the time I got to Lusamine, a couple of my Pokemon were on par level wise with hers. It was quite interesting seeing the story changes. and how they affected the scnees and dialogue. Lusamine seems less, evil in this game. She's still pretty mean, but her intent seems much better this time around (some of it, at least. frozen pokemon still creep me out though). I enjoyed how Gladion seemed to care more in this game, about his mom, about Hau, about Lillie. While I think the story changes might have messed up Lusamine's character (just a bit, I still like her as a villian.), I think Gladion's and Hau's really have benefitted so far from the changes. Completely off note, but why does Hau's Noibat evolve into Noivern at like level 41, and I had to wait till 48, and it has dragon pulse, and mine doesn't.... kind of wish I hadn't saved after his evolution.

Finally, I made my way to Poni, and that's where I've set the game down. I don't know when I can play it next, because of this busy project, and also Splatoon 2 will have some more content available soon, but I want to try to finish the game before the end of the month.

My Team:
Kyler (Decidueye, Lv 50)
Khalessi (Lopunny, Lv 49)
Ronon (Zoroark, Lv 49)
Arystar (Noivern, Lv 51)
Jacinta (Ampharos, Lv 48)
Chimeme (Araquanid, Lv 48).

I dodged Trainers until I got the bus up the mountain, trying to save majority of the battles here for when I have my Alolan Sandshrew.
Sophocles Trial was a lot of fun actually, I enjoyed the puzzle element and Totem Togedemaru's entrance was cool! It really looks so huge next to the normal sized Togedemaru :O

I spent most of this morning playing in Poke Pelago, developing some of the Isles, specifically the treasure hunting one and the bean one. I also spent some more time in Festival Plaza, playing mini games, exploring facilities and chatting to guests to see what clothes and facilities I could get from them. I gave the Battle Agency a go, starting off with Virizion for myself and my team members using Drampa and Araquanid. I have never used Virizion or Drampa before and I really enjoyed playing with them. It's a shame Drampa isn't available until the very end otherwise I would put one on my team... although, I might breed myself one for my upcoming Ultra Sun play-through. I got my Grade up and decided to give it another go. This time the Rental Pokemon weren't really to my tastes so I took an Altaria with my team members using Bewear and Gourgeist. Altaria slowly slowly slowly took down the first opponent (facing both Pyroar and Archeops with just Flamethrower and Dragonsbreath for damaging moves was not fun), for the next two battles I made more use of Gourgeist's Trick-or-Treat and Phantom Force combination for quick KOs, with Bewear picking up the slack. As someone who has raised an Altaria before in AlphaSapphire, I was sorely disappointed with the one on offer here. But still... I got myself up to Grade 2.
That gives me a couple of extra Rare Candies to help out with my last two team members, or to evolve random catches for the Pokedex. Also, the 415 Festival Coins I received also helped me get my Festival Plaza rank up to 15! This resulted in Sophocles gifting me two great new Facilities, a 3-Star lotto facility and a 4-Star bouncy castle facility (I can't remember the right names for the facilities haha). Probably going to be spending a lot more time in the Festival Plaza in this game than I did in the original Moon.

Also, totally off topic but, @IncineROAR I just noticed your signature comment, "It’ll be nice to play Pokémon on a big screen in my living room, but my television is way to heavy to try and evolve Inkay", and almost died laughing!! XD

Giovanni's Mewtwo was a pain in the neck, but I took it down. Dawn Wing Necrozma didn't leave Mewtwo with many options for moves.

Done Ula's trials. Now with a fully evolved team. Went through loads of tough battles.

The team:
H. Jack the Incineroar
Diamond the Lycanroc
Ace the Crabominable
Bronte the Mudsdale
Hana the Oricorio
Leaf the Lurantis

Continuing travels. Spoiler box for length.

To continue from where I left off yesterday, I took on and cleared Illima's Trial. It was pretty simple since I thoughTotem Gumshoos was at lv. 14 when he was actually at lv. 12 and I got my Pokemon to lv. 13. At some point my Popplio learned Icy Wind which surprised me, since like I said, I've avoided spoilers so I had no idea it learned this now. But it's been nice for taking on grass-types.

Dulse and Zossie still continue to pop up way more than I expected so early on. I really like how they do that robotic Alola greeting motion. It's both quirky and really fitting for them. I also liked that they had us go into the cave to find Nebby rather than just having him stand around in Melemele Meadow like before.

Rotom's Power activiated randomly in the Meadow and I got some nice EXP. boosts. The battle with Hau was pretty easy, but I liked hat he had 3 Pokemon this time around, including a Noibat, which I would have never expected. I also like that Litten was out of his Pokeball before the battle and thus was not thrown out of a Pokeball when it started.

I made my way to take on the Grand Trial. It was at that moment that I realized that I had an immense fighting-type weak team. I had a dark-type and 2 normal-types. I literally ended the battle midway, ran out and caught a Hawlucha (something I didn't even know was in the nearby areas at first), leveled her up a bit, and used her to basically sweep his team.

Then I went to the Photo Club and as expected, I love it. I was literally like Hau was describing himself; once started, I get too caught up and can't stop. I was surprised that I ended up riding Mantine to Akala rather than taking Kukui's boat. I thought that as something that would wait until late, but it was a pleasant surprise. Similarly, I was shocked to see Samson Oak showing up so early and collecting Totem Stickers.

I guess I'm becoming closer to Rotom since he's started saying my name once we run into a new Pokmon. It's really sweet <3

My Meowth. evolved which isn't all too surprising since I gave her the Soothe Bell as soon as I got it, plus she was caught in a Luxury Ball. So she's been rolling in happiness for a while. I also love that Rotom asked if I wanted to take photos with her since to commemorate her evolution, which of course I did :D

I caught my 3rd official team member, a Fomantis. After that I fought Gladion and am now grinding up for the Totem battle.

Okay after completing the main game of Ultra Moon, let me start by summarizing my team at the end main game.

My Ultra Moon team.
Ramon-Primarina(Male) Lv.63
Ibuki-Zoroark(Male) Lv.62
Surge-Alolan Raichu(Female) Lv.64
Epona-Mudsdale(Female) Lv.65
Nia-Tsareena(Female) Lv.62
Galahad-Metagross(Ummm Gender-fluid?) Lv.61

Now try to guess which nerd culture characters I'm named my Pokemon after.

Starting the game off with the female avatar(dislike the male one in this game), Melemele was the same gameplay wised. Though completely different pace wised, since well everything is done the same but different. Starting with getting the starter before meeting Lillie was interesting, though done the same cutscene wise. Though I dislike Z-Moves and stuff, the black Z-Power Ring looks awesome. The Ultra Recon squad was interesting in the beginning, not using Ultra Beast(well only one), which I wish was kept since they only use one Pokemon after Melemele. Most of the island was fine, though Mantine surfing is really fun. Also, screw Ilima and is Totem Stickers!!

Akala and Ula'Ula was mostly the same for me, minus the change in Totem Pokemon(minus two). That Totem Lurantis still sucks though. I like how Colress gets a little more important in this game, but not much. Everything up till Poni was pretty much the same minus some Ultra Recon squading. I like some of the new versions of trials.

Poni Island(main game) was interesting, I like how Mina and Hapu were pushed until after the Legendaries story, instead of in between the thing. The Necrozma part was really cool(though accidentally riding into the wrong portal), I was also surprised that you ride Solgaleo in Ultra Moon instead of Lunala. Also interesting is that Necrozma is in Victory Road after fighting it. Which that battle was crazy, Ultra Necrozma is no pushover, jumping ten levels from Dawn Wings to fight it. Helpful tip bring a Dark Type, it's immune to Photon Geyser. Though Lusamine could of been handled better in this game, theme is still awesome. Mina's trial was nice, a stroll throughout Alola fighting the trial captains........ and Nanu.

Elite Four was pretty much the same, minus Moylane who replaced Hala. Which now that I think about would of been nicer last time. What surprise me most was Hau was this game's "Champion" since I wasn't expecting him if it wasn't going to be Kukui. Credits were nice, not twenty minutes long, and why is Nanu not hiding it's better instead of Mina hiding in the corner. No Tapu Koko fight this time but I'm glad. No.....GLADION!!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!? COME BACK!!!! YOU'RE THE BEST CHARACTER!!!! I'LL TAKE YOU OVER LILLIE ANY DAY!!! Sorry not sorry Rocket Queen Lord Hanzo.

Since I'm all done with main game. Next up is the legendaries & Ultra Beasts of the Ultra Wormholes which I save for the after game. As well as Archaic, and his buddies, as well as that guy who took over Maniacal's account back in April. Wait that's not who I'm fighting?

Defeated Hala and arrived at island two. Matine Surfing is pretty interesting. Photo club wasn't that interesting. At least there's some proper new stuff.

The Ultra Recon Sqaud Furfou wrecked me. Luckily I knew it's OP and spammed Charm and Baby Doll eyes. This fight is worse than Miltank, since the ability causes it to have a 532 base stat through double defence and you're still at the start of the game with base stage Pokemon.

Zubat- level 17
Randy Orton the Torracat - 17
Buneary - 17
Akechi the Pichu - 17
Zorua - 17
Butterfree -17

Last edited:
My Null just evolved into Silvally, I met looker and Anabel and they are going to the Battle Tree. I have no desire to go further with this game, the Battle Tree is lame. From here on out I guess I'll catch some more Pokemon and start breeding my team for UM.

-End of my US travels-

My beloved Torracat finally evolved into Incineroar!

And also, as I wasn't able to get to sleep until around 5:10 AM (rather ironic given that turkey should've made me sleepy), I finally took the opportunity to evolve my "Own Tempo" Rockruff into a Dusk version of Lycanroc. No more having to wait until I unlock "alternate Alola" like in the previous game.

Today I wandered into Malie Garden and faced off with Guzma. I thought I was in for an easy battle with Lopunny's Supersonic Skystrike, but Golisopod survived it and switched out for Masquerain, who took out both Lopunny and Lycanroc. Managed to finish him off with Leafeon though. I would have used Incineroar, but I feel like I rely on him to finish fights so often and don't want his Level getting too high over everyone else.
I blasted through to the base of Mt. Lanakila to catch my Alolan Sandshrew, avoiding as many Trainers along the way as possible. I also took the opportunity to do the Mantine Surf route from Ula'Ula Island to Akala Island and back, getting my name to the top of the leader board again and gaining the Starmie 720 technique.
I spent most of the rest of the evening in Festival Plaza, playing more of the Battle Agency. I got to try out some great Pokemon, such as a Choice Specs Porygon-Z (an item I have never used). It was a great insight into some of the competitive battling styles and I quite enjoyed it. I also got to try out a Wailord with Water Spout, Rest, Sleep Talk and Ice Beam. The Rest and Sleep Talk combo was fun at first but far too unpredictable for my liking. I also got to experiment with a Thundurus and a Tyranitar.
The Battle Agency had really helped me see a lot of Pokemon already in a different way and will definitely help shape my teams and styles for future games.
I also traded a Slowpoke holding a King's Rock on the GTS for a Blacephalon!
All in all, I managed to get my Battle Agency grade up to 5 and my Festival Plaza rank up to 30.
I also developed more of Poke Pelago and hopefully I will have an nice Ice Stone waiting for me in the morning.

Current Team Status:
Incineroar, male, Level 42.
Lopunny, female, Level 40.
Leafeon, female, Level 40.
Lycanroc, female, Level 40.
Alolan Sandshrew, male, Level 37.

Melemele, seen 108, caught 96.
Akala, seen 123, caught 106.
Ula'Ula, seen 83, caught 67.
Alola Total, seen 217, caught 183, 45%.

Still on Ula'Ula Island. I beat the first trial of the island. I also caught an Elekid and named him Dante (named after the adorable dog from Coco), which has since evolved into Electabuzz. He's all caught up to the other levels of my team, all at level 46.

Current team:
Peter the Incineroar
Morris the Persian
Nadine the Midday Lycanroc
Dante the Electabuzz

Pretty much the same team I had in Sun and Moon. Not that I mind. I prefer to play the main game with my favorites. Those four are what I'll be using for the rest of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom