• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

SPOILERS: The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Ally Switch

Here comes a brand new world
Reaction score
I'm playing a LeafGreen save file I haven't touched in ~15 years. I'd beaten the E4 and done most postgame, but I hadn't beaten their rematch teams so I'm trying to do that. Its really hard cause my team's only levels 60 - 70 and theirn are pushing 80 D: I've failed about a dozen times so far, but each time I end up closer to victory--last run I whited out at Gary's last pokemon. I reckon I'll beat him next run. My team:

• Cyborg the Porygon2 w/Trace (I actually prefer this to Download)
    • Psychic
    • Thunderbolt
    • Conversion
    • Recover
  • Avalanche the Steelix w/Sturdy (before it got good)
    • Iron Tail
    • Earthquake
    • Sandstorm
    • Rock Slide
  • Pyro the Charizard w/Blaze
    • Fly
    • Heat Wave
    • Steel Wing
    • Overheat
  • Amazon the Exeggutor w/Chlorophyll
    • Sleep Powder
    • Dream Eater
    • Giga Drain
    • Skill Swap
  • Capricorn the Kingdra w/Swift Swim
    • Surf
    • Ice Beam
    • Rain Dance
    • Attract (placeholder move until we have something better)
  • Vetero the Castform W/Forecast
    • Weather Ball
    • Thunder
    • Sunny Day
    • Hail (need Rain Dance but dont have another TM >.>)
I'm trying to go for a multiple weather team: Amazon + Pyro for Sunny Day, Capricorn for Rain Dance, Avalanche for Sandstorm and Vetero benefits from all of them (and is the only one who benefits from Hail).

I played a little bit more Diamond last weekend and tonight. Decided to go with Golduck instead of Gyarados since I haven't really used it since Red and Blue. I just beat Fantina and my current party is Infernape, Roselia, Murkrow, and Golduck, all at level 36. I also caught a Bibarel and a Noctowl for HMs. I've been having fun, just getting to the point where the game starts to pick up. Looking forward to evolving Roselia and Murkrow too.
Golduck is highly underappreciated.

Last edited:

FinnishPokéFan92

An oceanic explorer.
Reaction score
I'm doing random things in the Black 2 post-game. I've caught all but two of the outbreak Pokémon (missing Farfetch'd and Ariados), completed the Habitat Lists, defeated the Champions Tournament at the PWT (and every other tournament besides the Type Expert ones), defeated Benga, cleared the Pokémon League rematches on Challenge Mode, collected over 120 Medals, and raised my Join Avenue's Rank past 50.

My team is in their 80s, and I'm aiming to catch the remaining outbreak Pokémon and get to at least 150 Medals, although I'm not sure if I'll be able to. And once I feel like I've squeezed out the last bits of enjoyment out of this game, I think I'll play White again.

Moon Shadow

The Fallen
Reaction score
I'm attempting to evolve an Eevee into an Espeon in Moon and starting to see red!
I've filled its affection scale in Refresh mode, I have it holding the soothe bell, I've fed it two Masaladas and more than 20 beans in refresh mode, I've used oran berries and leppa berries to heal it and refill it's PP, battle only with it and never let it faint.
What the fuck am I still not doing!? I officially hate happiness evolution with a passion!

Sorry needed a vent. Thanx.

Last edited:

ThatAsianInTheCorner

Buckle your Pants!
Reaction score
I started playing Pokemon Quest a couple days ago.
My current quest is to get all the starters.
Still waiting since they're incredibly rare.

IncineROAR

Darth Ignis
Reaction score
I'm attempting to evolve an Eevee into an Espeon in Moon and starting to see red!
I've filled its affection scale in Refresh mode, I have it holding the soothe bell, I've fed it two Masaladas and more than 20 beans in refresh mode, I've used oran berries and leppa berries to heal it and refill it's PP, battle only with it and never let it faint.
What the fuck am I still not doing!? I officially hate happiness evolution with a passion!

Have you tried taking it to get a massage? And also, try using some vitamins on it and so forth. And in battle, use battle items like x attack and so forth on it.

I wish that GF would change Eevee's evolution mechanic for Umbreon/Espeon. Why can't it evolve after learning a particular move and then its evolution is then determined by the time of day (which the second half is already in place).

I'm replaying Pokemon Diamond (or maybe it's Pearl, I can't remember which). I'm currently on Iron Island with Riley leveling up my team, which really doesn't need it but I really don't want to deal with Bastiodon when I do take on the next gym.

Current team:
Floatzel, lv. 37
Infernape, lv. 36
Torterra, lv. 35
Staraptor, lv. 35

I think I'll use Garchomp and Lucario to round out my last two. I have a boxed Luxray that I may use to alternate with Staraptor - who I honestly only have because of Fantina's annoying ghost Pokemon. I had fun with her - my Luxray knows Swagger and Crunch, so that the end of one of her Gengar, my Staraptor (Staravia at the time) made her Driftblim's life miserable; and I used Luxray's Swagger to confuse her Mismagius, and then swapped it out with Staravia to keep her Shadow Ball at bay. I spent my time healing Luxray and Staraptor with potions and stuff while I left Mismagius knock itself out with its confusion.

Last edited:

Blockhead Pippi

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score

Amie / Refresh mode doesn't actually affect friendliness / happiness. It is a separate value from affection. I tried it once in XY. The affection is only for Sylveon.

Anyhow as for me, I'm not actually playing any Pokemon game as of yet. But I have been considering starting a new playthrough in Gold with a mono-type run. I just haven't figured out yet type to use yet.