• With COPPA coming into full effect, the comments section and notifications for our YouTube videos are disabled. Not to worry, though, you can keep up with the latest episodes for all our ongoing series and provide your comments in the Bulbasocial section here.

SPOILERS: The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

AWACS SkyEye
Reaction score
I've been playing Pokemon Y lately. Just got my 4th badge last night, so I haven't been updating here as much as I usually have. Will try to post a little more on my progress. I just entered the power plant.

Current Team:
McGonagall (Braixen) - lvl 36
Caladbolg (Doublade) - lvl 35
Rex (Gogoat) - lvl 35
Hrimfaxi - (Shellder) - lvl 35 - Also a shiny, I hooked it from chain fishing :)
Raptor (Gabite) - lvl 31
Hawk Hana (Hawlucha) - lvl 34

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Started another Platinum run (HeartGold is among the missing again, largely because I've been spending time cleaning my apartment for my monthly inspection, so things sometimes get misplaced in the process). I haven't gotten very far, only just after getting my first batch of Poke Balls. I would be farther, but I forgot to recharge my DS Lite after playing Megaman Battle Chip Challenge for a while, so I ran out of juice (it's not a bad game, mind, and I'm up to the Class X tournament, though I still need some better chips). But, for the most part, I got my starter (Chimchar), beat Barry, caught a bunch of trade fodder Bidoofs so I can trade between my other versions for various IDs so I can... um... increase my odds at winning the ID Lotto, as well as bought some more Poke Balls for regular catches. Plan to add a Starly to the ranks shortly, as, even though it's rather redundant when paired up with the Chimchar line, Staraptor is the best Flyer in the game. But, overall, off to a good start. I'll update on a later date when I have more newsworthy stuff to report.

AWACS SkyEye
Reaction score
Beat the 6th gym over the weekend in Pokemon Y. The time between getting the 5th and 6th badge was really quick. Enjoying my time so far, though I have a few things that I don't like about the game. Now traveling to the next town, training up my party along the way, which I finally have all the members to. Evolved both Braixen and Shellder in the meantime as well!

McGonagall (Delphox) - lvl 42
Caladbolg (Doublade) - lvl 39
Rex (Gogoat) - lvl 42
Hrimfaxi - (shiny Cloyster) - lvl 41
Raptor (Gabite) - lvl 42
Hawk Hana (Hawlucha) - lvl 40

make a wish ★
Reaction score
Managed to beat Clair in HeartGold, and now I've made it all the way to the Elite Four. I did a little research on Bulbapedia, and it looked like my team was at a pretty solid place for challenging, mid 30s with a couple of low 40s. Not the most ideal team, but I didn't feel like I needed to do any grinding before I went to challenge. Turns out I was right up until I battled Bruno, who I lost to. I beat Will with minimal difficulties, and Koga was awfully annoying with his Muk's Minimizing for max evasion and the Toxic spam (and his Crobat's Double Teaming) but I was able to beat him thankfully. I saved after the Koga battle, so I'll be able to rechallenge Bruno without having to go through the other two again.

The Ghost
Reaction score
Found a copy of Y for very cheap. I've been looking for a game to casually play to avoid getting burnt out by Uni work, so I bought it. Figured might as well give Gen VI another chance.

Picked up a Froakie. I already have a team in mind:
Greninja
Gogoat
Golurk
Tyrantrum
Toxicroak
Ampharos

make a wish ★
Reaction score
Made it all the way through Kanto in my HG playthrough that I've been chatting about here. I'm preparing to challenge Red at the top of Mt. Silver, but I have one Pokemon that's in the high 40s, two that are at level 50, and three in the mid-50s, so I'm nowhere near ready yet. I'm hoping to get my Pokemon to their mid-60s before I attempt to challenge for the first time, but that's gonna be a ways away. Training a little bit outside of Mt. Silver now (I already went to the top before I flew away to go train more because I knew I wasn't ready for it), and once I get all of my Pokemon to level 50, I plan on challenging the Elite Four + Champion again to do some more training. Hoping by then I'll be ready to challenge Red, but we'll see when the time comes.