• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After training, we beat Hala then went to Akala by Mantine. Two trainers from Kalos battled us.

Kanan learned Flame Wheel. Later I will go back to the school to look for ghosts.

We beat the Water Totem with teamwork. Was not hard like before.

I caught a Bagon called Saphira and took on the Fire Trial. It was hard, but we won. Kanan now can use his Z-Move.

Kanan beat the Grass Trial and we took on the Kahuna. She was strong, but the team won.

Most of the team is evolved now. Apart from Saphira. After beating the Electric trial, we train up to mid thirties.

After beating the Ghost trial, we have to go to Po Town and fight Team Skull.

Last edited:
I just re-started Pokemon Let's Go Eevee-- I'm still deciding on what Pokemon I want on my team :D
I do wish the included Pokemon were more than just the first generation.

I got a lot done on Emerald the past day, I intercepted Team Aqua at Mt. Pyre, evolving my Meditite in the process, caught a Duskull afterwards for my team on my way down the mountain, caught up with Team Magma at their hideout on Mt. Chimney only for them to awaken Groudon, obtained the Master Ball and watched Team Aqua take off with a submarine, caught a Wailmer for all the Water HMs I'll need to use, got my 7th gym badge, and then fought with Steven to get Team Magma out of the Space Center, which led to Duskull evolving already into a Dusclops! The team is almost complete, I just need to get a Zapdos which I'll need to get to the Battle Frontier to do first (since the glitch I'll be attempting requires a lot of cloning and inverse-cloning).

I plan on doing everything in this game, including completing the Hoenn and National Dex, beating the Master Rank for all five types of contests, and of course beating the Pokemon League, Steven, and conquering the Battle Frontier is my end goal, so I've been finding and planting the EV-reducing berries I'll need to get my team up to par for the Battle Frontier, by the time I beat the Pokemon League I should be ready to grind up my Pokemon, get them fully-trained and I'll be ready for that challenge.

All of that combined has me essentially going for a gold trainer card.

I've gotten a TON done on Emerald and my Dahlia team is all-but ready to take on the Battle Frontier. I haven't used it in any facilities besides some Battle Dome doubles just to get a feel for my rain synergy. Zapdos and Ludicolo basically swept the tournament, it was way too easy. I have done a couple rounds through the Battle Factory though, I have a Medicham, Umbreon, and Blastoise that have been doing really well, the Medicham and Umbreon both have Baton Pass so it's sort of a Baton Pass team I've been using to slowly transfer stat boosts down the line in that order all the way to Blastoise. As for my actual team, this is what I have so far:

1. Blaziken
Nature: Naive
Ability: Blaze
Item: Scope Lens
EVs: 252 Speed, 100 Attack, 100 Sp. Attack, 56 HP
Moveset:
-Blaze Kick
-Sky Uppercut
-Peck -> Thunder Punch (tutor)
-Slash

Blaziken is done, I just need to get some BP to give it Thunder Punch, until then Peck is sitting in that move slot unless I can think of something better to have there until I get Thunder Punch.

2. Ludicolo
Nature: Modest
Ability: Swift Swim
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack, 152 HP, 104 Speed
Moveset:
-Surf
-Giga Drain
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance

3. Medicham
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Pure Power
Item: Brightpowder/Choice Band?
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moveset:
-Brick Break
-Shadow Ball
-Body Slam
-Double Team -> Rock Slide? (tutor)

I like the idea of evasion hax on Medicham, hence the Brightpowder + Double Team combo, but I cannot deny how powerful a Choice Band set would be with Rock Slide once I have the BP to tutor it, so I suppose I have time to see how well the evasion hax build does while I'm earning BP.

4. Dusclops
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Pressure
Item: Quick Claw
EVs: 252 Attack, 100 Defense, 100 Sp. Defense, 56 HP
Moveset:
-Shadow Ball
-Earthquake
-Confuse Ray
-Will-O-Wisp

I couldn't think of a better item for Dusclops aside from maybe a berry, and considering Dusclops' garbage speed stat, the Quick Claw's 10% priority chance is actually extremely noticeable, helps me get off a clutch Earthquake or Confuse Ray to gain advantage, but I don't depend on the Quick Claw chance since Dusclops is so naturally bulky anyways, it's just a nice added bonus.

5. Togetic
Nature: Modest
Ability: Serene Grace
Item: Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Sp. Defense, 100 Defense, 100 Sp. Attack, 56 HP
Moveset:
-Flamethrower
-Water Pulse
-Psychic
-Metronome -> Thunder Wave (tutor)

Togetic is mostly done, although it's the worst Pokemon on this team so not sure how much I'll actually use it, Serene Grace is surprisingly bad in Gen 3 and I believe only works on Water Pulse from the moves I have. Metronome is just for lols until I get the BP for Thunder Wave.

6. Zapdos
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pressure
Item: Magnet
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moveset:
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Rain Dance
-Thunder

Besides being completely walled by Ground and Electric-types, this Zapdos is phenomenal, it combos well with Ludicolo, if I do get walled by one of the aforementioned types, I simply setup Rain Dance and then attempt a sweep with Ludicolo. If I see the opportunity, I can also abuse Thunder's perfect accuracy under rain too.

Grookey solo run
I get The Best and then slash Goh I mean Hop's Wooloo in half and then whack his wimpy Lizard with a stick. We destroy him again 2 seconds later. I see some Gym losers that we will destroy later. I defeat a cocky loser who calls herself Bede. I also defeat some weird cheerleader people. I also defeat the girl they are cheerleading. I also defeat Grass man (I needed to grind a lot tho)

The Best (Grookey) Lvl 34
Razor Leaf
Wood Hammer
Knock Off
Slam

I tried my hand at the Battle Factory some more, but I just got ridiculously unlucky with the rental Pokemon and also getting statused into oblivion, I had a win streak broken twice... Attract has got to be one of the most annoying moves ever. So I took a break from the Battle Factory to go take on the Battle Dome, I had dabbled with the Dome a little bit prior, but just in doubles, you can only fight the Frontier Brains in singles, so I feel like my main team is ready to fight the Dome Ace, Tucker. I swept my way through the four tournaments required for Tucker to appear in the fifth one, I'm not holding anything back and I already know my team: Blaziken, Ludicolo, and Zapdos.

All three of Tucker's Silver Symbol Pokemon know Earthquake, which Ludicolo resists and Zapdos is immune to. He uses a Swampert, Salamence, and Charizard, Ludicolo can take care of all three, but Swampert completely walls Zapdos. As expected, I won my way through the fifth tournament up to the finals to fight Tucker... I knew that this battle would be won based on predicting his lead, and I predicted he'd lead with Swampert, I was going to lead with Ludicolo, which puts me in a favorable position really no matter who he leads with, Blaziken wasn't going to do much for me in this fight so I chose to bring Zapdos along with Ludicolo, but in the end I chose to lead with Zapdos. Zapdos will have a better time setting up Rain Dance, and I don't think anything any of his team is running can one shot Zapdos, besides Charizard's Rock Slide.

So the fight begins, I sent out Zapdos... he sent out Swampert, as predicted!

Zapdos sets up with Rain Dance, Swampert hits with Ice Beam and Zapdos is down to half health.

I switch Zapdos out for Ludicolo, knowing I'd need to tank an Ice Beam to have a shot and thankfully it did almost nothing to Ludicolo, now it was time for the sweep...

Ludicolo hits with Giga Drain, that's 4x effective, Swampert easily goes down in one hit, and thanks to the doubled speed from Swift Swim, I don't care if he sends out Charizard or Salamence, it should fall in one hit from a rain-boosted Surf or a 4x Ice Beam, respectively, doesn't make a difference to me.

Tucker sends out Charizard, "perfect", I thought to myself, even if he somehow could take out Ludicolo, I'd have perfect-accuracy Thunders coming from Zapdos. I hit with Surf and Charizard also goes down in one hit.

The Battle Dome claims to be the place where strategies are put to the test, so I thought it was perfect to earn my first Silver Symbol with my tried-and-true Ludicolo/Zapdos rain combo. We got 13 BP for winning against Tucker, this will come into play soon as I look to get some tutor moves onto Blaziken and Togetic. I don't plan on immediately sweeping the Battle Dome up to a Gold Symbol, I plan to sweep Silver Symbols first, then pick off Gold Symbols.

I don't know which facility I want to hit next, I could give the Battle Factory another try, but the Battle Arena interests me. I should start picking away at the Battle Tower, it's the most straightforward facility, everyone is familiar with how it operates.

Dahlia: 1
Tucker: 0

Edit: So a day after defeating Tucker I just went to every Battle Facility to complete 1 round and get a feel for all of them, my team absolutely sweeps through each one, I was surprised at how well it did in the Battle Palace, which was one I was worried about since I have the least control of my team's performance there. I did decide to go through the Battle Pike twice since it's one of the easiest Silver Symbol fights to get to and it was a lot closer than I expected, I made the mistake of using Sky Uppercut to open the fight vs. Seviper, which wasn't effective at all, not sure what I was thinking, I think maybe I thought it was part Dark-type? Not my proudest moment, Blaziken ended up getting knocked out, so I switched to Zapdos and swept Seviper and Milotic, but the Shuckle began giving me problems. It knocked my Zapdos out but thankfully Zapdos stuck around long enough to setup Rain Dance twice, as well paralyze Shuckle with Thunder Wave twice, because the Shuckle runs Rest with a Chesto Berry, her Shuckle is completely for stalling, with Rest, Toxic, Sandstorm, and Protect, thankfully, once I had the second Rain Dance and Thunder Wave in play, Zapdos fainted but Ludicolo came in and two-hit the Shuckle, it tried to Toxic Ludicolo but missed then got KOed the next turn.

Dahlia: 1
Lucy: 0

These wins have been enough to get me the BP required to tutor Thunder Punch onto Blaziken, so Blaziken finally has a complete moveset.

Last edited:
In the Aether Paradise, we fight off many grunts. Guzma was difficult, but Kanan managed to win using Flamethrower. His Mons are fast.

Then he beat Lusamine's last Mon, then we go to Poni Island.

Last edited:
I've decided to take a break from conquering the Battle Frontier on Emerald to replay Gen 5, I feel as though I never truly appreciated Gen 5 for what it is and it's phenomenal story because I focused on the negatives like the Pokémon available. I legitimately haven't played a Gen 5 game since XY came out even though I own all four, so I'm going to also do my first ever Nuzlocke on Pokémon Black and, if I enjoy the Nuzlocke experience, I'll Nuzlocke Black 2 on Challenge Mode. I consider myself an above average battler, I've always enjoyed competitive battling since Gen 6, so I feel like I can take some of that knowledge to a Nuzlocke, I'll be starting my Nuzlocke of Black with Snivy effective as of this post going up. I've never nicknamed Pokémon in my life so I don't know if I'll abide to that rule, but everything else will be in Nuzlocke rules. Additionally, I will be transferring up an event Celebi and Suicune from SoulSilver purely to get access to the in-game event Zoroark and gift Zorua, I will not be using the event Pokémon for any other purpose unless the Suicune somehow becomes my HM slave for Surf lol. Just to increase the difficulty a little bit I might make this a gift/in-game event Pokémon only run, but there are a few exceptions with Pokémon in certain areas I'd like to catch if I get them as my encounters. I'm also going to play with the battle style put to set, just another way for me to make this a little bit more difficult since most Pokémon games are way too easy for me.

Okay, it's time for a new playthrough as I have nothing better to do. This time I'll be going with X, trying to give it one last chance and I intend to see it through to the end for once instead of giving up around roughly Ramos like normally. This time, there will be no pre-planned team and no pre-bred eggs to be hatched. It'll be just like how the games are first played when they're released on Day 1: taking it as it as it comes. I'm only at the start, as I didn't realize how bad my 3DS battery was when I first booted it up (I hadn't recharged it in some time, apparently). At the moment I only have my Starter: Tidal the Froakie, having just received him from Tierno, and about to face Shauna for the first time, though it was at that point my 3DS nearly keeled over, so that's about as far as I got right now. It's been recharging for a bit now and I'll pick it up again tomorrow while I wait to pick up my mom at her doctor visit. Until next time.

Alright, I got my Snivy, it has a Calm nature, that's a solid Nature for this, my Tackles won't be very strong, but once I get to the special moves the physical attack drop won't matter. My Route 1 encounter was a Lillipup, which is what I wanted, it's the only Gen 5 Pokémon with the Pickup Ability, which should prove to be very useful, however, it had Vital Spirit. I will use Species Clause when available, but I chose not to use it on Route 2 when I encountered another Lillipup, so I caught that, and thankfully it did have Pickup! I made my way through Accumula Town and Straighton City, went to the Dreamyard and got the gift Pokémon, Panpour, with the perfect nature, Timid! The Lillipup will be switch trained here and there to increase the rates on good items with Pickup, but I can't evolve it or else it would lose Pickup.

Fighting the first Gym Leader, Chili, was extremely scary for a Nuzlocke, as both his Lillipup and Pansear spam Work Up to boost both Attack stats, Snivy managed to out-damage the Lillipup, then I got one free hit in with Tackle on Pansear as it used Work Up, from here I switched to Panpour to tank Incinerate (which burned up my Oran Berry it was holding, very annoying) but Water Gun took down Pansear easily. Badge 1: completed.

I'm counting gift Pokémon as my encounters for an area, so I won't be getting a Dreamyard encounter since I received Panpour. I easily defeated the Team Plasma grunts that attacked Munna. Route 3's encounter was a Pidove that I caught, so I have a Flyer now. I had a REALLY close call in my Route 3 rival battle vs. Cheren, his Purrloin used Fury Swipes and left my Panpour on 1hp after 3 hits, I am NOT risking anything short of full HP on something with Fury Swipes ever again. Wellspring Cave's encounter was a Roggenrola which I caught. A lot of these Pokémon I don't really plan on using, but they'll come in handy for later encounters where I might need to rely on the species clause to weed out more common encounters to get rarer Pokémon.

I managed to defeat Lenora, although I came close to losing my Panpour, and I had to sacrifice a Tympole I caught, although I didn't plan on using it anyways, I only caught it for a purpose like this and it did it's job. I got badge 2 and also chased down Team Plasma through Pinwheel Forest to get back the Dragon's Skull. Now I'm in one of my favorite cities in the Pokemon World; Castelia City!

Today, I beat a Generation I game for the first time. It was Yellow, and my team was Nidoking, Venusaur, Charizard, Mew (obtained thanks to Mew glitch), Jolteon, and Lapras. Charizard somehow was beaten by Blue's Exeggutor, despite the latter's awful moveset, but then the coconut lost to Lapras. I then explored Cerulean Cave and caught Mewtwo in the Master Ball and a Lickitung in an Ultra Ball.
My team's movesets:
Nidoking - Earthquake/Blizzard/Rock Slide/Double Kick
Venusaur - Razor Leaf/Leech Seed/Body Slam/Poison Powder
Charizard - Fly/Flamethrower/Slash/Dig
Mew - Psychic/Soft-Boiled/Surf/Strength
Jolteon - Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave/Pin Missile/Double Kick
Lapras - Surf/Ice Beam/Thunder/Psychic

Last edited:
Nearly two years after the release of Sword and Shield, I finally completed the Galar Pokedex! My living Pokedex is also nearly finished, I just need a second Type: Null. I've completed Pokedexes before but as a UK resident, this one feels more special.

Now to complete the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra Pokedexes, and collect all the Gigantamax forms! I'll probably play Brilliant Diamond first though.

Last edited:
A few days ago, I managed to win a Master Ball in Lottery Corner in Radio Tower in HeartGold, which has never happened before. It was thanks to Rusty (Jasmine's Steelix) that all the digits matched. I've no idea which Pokemon I'll use it, though.

As I mentioned in my intro thread, I only recently got back into the games here. I debated with myself on which version I wanted to go for this time. I didn't want to do Red/Blue/Yellow again. As much as I enjoyed them as a kid, I played them to death at the expense of all the future games, most of which by contrast I haven't played at all. But I still wanted to do the Kanto adventure since I'm nostalgic for it, and it still seemed like a good "starting again" place. So ultimately I went with LeafGreen since it's a balance of both new and familiar, and some of the added features of the remakes appealed to me.

If this goes good, I'd like to do the rest of the games (sort of) in order; I want to do SoulSilver next, and then Emerald, both of which my brother used to own and which I have now inherited for myself. :giggle:

Anyway, in LeafGreen I am currently partway through Silph Co. I've caught quite a lot of Pokemon too; I'll share them on a future post.

A few days ago, I started a playthrough of Omega Ruby for the first time. I picked Mudkip as my starter, and luckily, I got an Adamant one on the first try. I was able to easily find a female Ralts thanks to DexNav, and learned she was Modest.:love: I reached Rustboro city, but decided to not challenge Roxanne until I've found my third team member, a Shroomish, in Petalburg Woods.

As stated before I started another X playthrough.

I picked up a Froakie as my starter but swapped it out for a Protean Froakie (they had the same nature so it made little difference), along with a Magician Fennekin. I since added a Riolu (now a Lucario) to my ranks. I picked Bulbasaur from Prof Sycamore's place and raised it into a Venusaur, though he's been since boxed as I wanted to use a different Grass Mon for this playthrough. I took in a Zubat (now a Crobat) so I can do Sky Battles, especially since I haven't used a Crobat in quite some time, much less a run in XY. Shortly afterward I added a Zangoose to my ranks to serve as a decent HM user. After dealing with Glitter Cave and the first encounter with Team Fail... I mean Team Flare I caught a really good Ferroseed with an Adamant nature, and she's since become my Grass Mon, giving me a Grass/Fire/Water core. Plus I hear that Ferrothorn is one of, if not the best Grass Mon out there.

I revived a couple of fossils and I'm tempted to swap out Lucario for Aerodactyl, as I'm starting to stack the Fighting weaknesses, especially since the Aerodactite is one of the Mega Stones you can get before the post-game (which I've gotten). Plus it would give me another Flyer to use in Sky Battles, a counter to Fighting-types, and the only weakness overlaps are Rock and Water, which is only shared with Braixen right now if I do the swap. What do you all think? Also, just before the battle with Team Flare my Protean Froakie is now a Greninja, and thanks to his nature (Naughty) it's caused his Attack stat to jump a good 10 points ahead of his current Special Attack stat, which works great with the moves he currently knows (I traded him over to another version to teach him some TM moves that I wouldn't be able to get right away, such as Aerial Ace and Rock Tomb).

I'm going to face Grant soon but I want to buy some new clothes for my PC at the style shop in his town. I also got the bike and bought about two dozen Soda Pops, along with plenty of other types of Poke Balls. I still need to get Zangoose and Ferroseed up to speed with the rest of the team so I might grind at the Battle Chateau for a bit (plus I can abuse the Amulet Coin for some extra moolah). And if I decide to swap Lucario for Aerodactyl then he'll need to spend some time grinding to catch up with the rest of the team. My team is currently Greninja, Braixen, Lucario, Crobat, Zangoose, and Ferroseed.

I just finished Pokemon Colosseum,in my opinion one of the best Spin offs.
My team was: Typlosion,Umbreon,Ampharos,Octillery,Flygon and Altaria. (Nice boys only) I don't know what to play,now hahaha

Doing a Misfit Class-themed run in Brilliant Diamond. I beat Gardenia and have spent way too much time in the Grand Underground. Though it ended up providing me with pretty much my whole team except my Starter and Staravia, each with some noice egg moves, Abilities, and great natures, so I guess I can't complain. Also have a full set of Plates (with a few duplicates), two Skull Fossils, and various other goodies that I mined up so it was worth wasting... what?... 5-6 hours down there. Now I have to fight Jupiter and the various Galactic Grunts in their Eterna City HQ so I can get the bike to move onward. My party is as followed:

Monferno (Asmodeus, male, 27)
Staravia (Kamui, male, 25)
Luxio (Kurori, female, 25)
Roselia (Elizabetta, female, 25)
Buizel (Sabro, male, 23)
Togepi (Lied, male, 24)

My current run in Alpha Sapphire:

Oct. 6, 2022
  • Moved to Littleroot Town.
  • Met Pokémon Trainer May in Littleroot Town.
  • Started with Peter (Torchic) on Route 101.
  • Defeated Pokémon Trainer May on Route 103.
  • Caught Adam (Zigzagoon) on Route 101.
  • Caught Aiden (Wurmple) on Route 101.
  • Caught Amy (Poochyena) on Route 101.
Oct. 7, 2022
  • Met Gym Leader Norman and Pokémon Trainer Wally in Petalburg City.
  • Helped Pokémon Trainer Wally catch a Ralts in Route 102.
  • Caught Sara (Wingull) on Route 103.
  • Caught Naomi (Lotad) on Route 102.
  • Defeated Youngster Calvin on Route 102.
  • Defeated Bug Catcher Rick on Route 102.
  • Caught Leon (Surskit) on Route 102.
  • Defeated Youngster Allen on Route 102.
  • Defeated Lass Tiana on Route 102.
  • Caught Lily (Taillow) on Route 104.
  • Defeated Rich Boy Winston on Route 104.
  • Defeated Bug Catcher Lyle in Petalburg Woods.
  • Caught Kyra (Slakoth) in Petalburg Woods.
  • Defeated Team Aqua Grunt in Petalburg Woods.
  • Defeated Bug Catcher James in Petalburg Woods.
  • Obtained TM49 Echoed Voice from a Youngster on Route 104.
  • Defeated Lady Cindy on Route 104.
  • Aiden (Wurmple) evolved into Cascoon on Route 104.
  • Defeated Lass Haley on Route 104.
  • Defeated Twins Gina & Mia on Route 104.
  • Defeated Youngster Joey on Route 116.
  • Caught Heidi (Skitty) on Route 116.
  • Caught Rachel (Nincada) on Route 116.
  • Caught Martha (Whismur) on Route 116.
  • Defeated Bug Catcher Jose on Route 116.
  • Peter (Torchic) evolved into Combusken on Route 116.
  • Defeated Lass Janice on Route 116.
  • Defeated Hiker Clark on Route 116.
  • Obtained HM01 Cut from the Cutter in Rustboro City.
  • Aiden (Cascoon) evolved into Dustox on Route 116.
Oct. 8, 2022
  • Connected to the Player Search System for the first time.
  • Defeated Youngster Josh in the Rustboro City Gym.
  • Defeated Youngster Tommy in the Rustboro City Gym.
  • Defeated Schoolkid Georgia in the Rustboro City Gym.
  • Defeated Roxanne in the Rustboro City Gym and earned the Stone Badge and TM39 Rock Tomb.
  • Used HM01 Cut on Rachel (Nincada) on Route 116.
  • Defeated Schoolkid Jerry on Route 116.
  • Defeated Schookid Karen on Route 116.
  • Defeated Team Aqua Grunt in Rusturf Tunnel.
  • Got the Devon Parts back from the Team Aqua Grunt in Rusturf Tunnel.
  • Rescued Mr. Briney’s Wingull, Peeko, from the Team Aqua Grunt in Rusturf Tunnel.
  • Met Mr. Stone, president of the Devon Corporation in Rustboro City.
  • Caught Summer (Silcoon) in Petalburg Woods.

A few days ago, I started a playthrough of Alpha Sapphire. I picked Treecko, saved Prof. Birch, beat Brendan on Route 103, but sadly failed to catch the special Poochyena with Thunder Fang. I caught my second team member, a Ralts, beat Roxanne, and later Brawly, met Steven, and arrived in Slateport. On Route 110, I caught my third team member, an Electrike, and met Archie in the Oceanic Museum. I beat Brendan again and soon reached Mauville. Finally, I defeated Wally and got the Mach Bike from Rydel, so I'm planning on catching a Sableye, my next team member, before challenging Wattson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom