• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Official Travelog/Let's Play Thread

Ugh, I've been wanting to do a Let's Play for this thread so badly but I don't have the resources necessary.

It could just be a text let's play instead of video. When X and Y come out, since I don't have any means to make videos myself, I'll do a text let's play and post it in this thread, whether it's this one specifically or a brand new one for Gen VI, so it'll still work.

Ugh, I've been wanting to do a Let's Play for this thread so badly but I don't have the resources necessary.

It could just be a text let's play instead of video. When X and Y come out, since I don't have any means to make videos myself, I'll do a text let's play and post it in this thread, whether it's this one specifically or a brand new one for Gen VI, so it'll still work.

A text let's play is actually what I had in mind. I've seen a lot of high quality LPs in this format that weren't just basic trekking through the game with commentary, and I thought that would be something I'd like to try.

Re: The Lost Tower's Travelog

I've been playing Pokemon Blue for the sake of it. I have recently got my fourth gym badge, and I am traveling to Lavender Town once more to free Mr. Fuji with my shiny, new Silph Scope. My team is:

Charmeleon Lvl. 30

Mega Punch
Dig
Ember
Leer

Charmeleon isn't very useful right now to be honest. Ember couldn't OHKO ANY of the Grass types in Erika's Gym, not even Bulbasaurs five levels lower then him. So right now, when I do use him, it is always Dig or Mega Punch, even if Ember is super-effective. Charmeleon's move pool is so tiny that I am still stuck with Leer.

Nidoking Lv. 27

Thrash
Water Gun
Rock Slide
Bide

Nidoking is horrible at this point of the game, possibly due to the fact that I have no STAB yet and Nidoking's stats are relatively bad compared to the rest of the team. But once he picks up Earthquake and gets more opportunities in his TMs, he will be a monster to handle.

Gyarados Lv. 27

Dragon Rage
Ice Beam
Bite
BubbleBeam

Gyarados is what you would expect: the best Pokemon on the team, PERIOD. BubbleBeam kills everything that doesn't resist it, and Ice Beam gets everything else. Bite and Dragon Rage aren't needed.

Weepinbell Lvl 27

Mega Drain
Sleep Powder
Wrap
Stun Spore

Weepinbell is so and so, really: It has pitiful STAB, and I'm still waiting to get rid of Stun Spore for Razor Leaf so I can evolve. But despite the poor match-up against them, he happens to work really well against Team Rocket.

Hypno Lvl. 27

Tri Attack
Hypnosis
Disable
Confusion

Hint: never catch a Level 9 Drowzee after you beat every trainer before the third gym. You will regret it. But once you raise it, Hypno is a beast right now. Hypno didn't get any time to play in Celadon Gym, given Charmeleon was trying to kill things with Ember, but I think I know what will happen when I go to Fuchsia...

Jolteon Lv. 25

Tackle
Sand-Attack
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave

I can't say anything on this guy because I haven't used him AT ALL. I was busy level grinding my other members in the Rocket Hideout, and what do you think a Pokemon with only Tackle for neutral damage and pitiful attack will do in a Gym?

Last edited:
pokemon emrald

[video=youtube;yvCgZtzr60s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvCgZtzr60s[/video]
Click like and subscribe to my channel!

I got Pokémon Yellow a while ago and I finally made it through Victory Road. I picked up Moltres and the Sky Attack TM while I was in there too. I caught Moltres with my Masterball because I was too lazy to use my Ultra balls. Unfortunately, my Pokémon are way too under-leveled to face the Elite Four, so I have to do a lot of grinding. I went to Celadon Mega Mart and traded a Fresh Water for Ice Beam. I taught it to my Vaporeon in place of Skull Bash. My Pikachu finally learned Thunder, and shocked me after I talked to it. I plan on grinding until all my Pokémon are level 60, and then I will face the Elite Four.

Well, I'm in the middle of a Fire Red LP that is on a short Hiatus, but I'll probably post an LP log on here whenever another Pokemon LP starts

Recently captured Mewtwo in my Blue version, and I'm ready to share my team before I restart with the two other starters.

Charizard Lv. 49
Slash
Dig
Flamethrower
Counter

This thing is so useless before it learns Flamethrower. Unfortunately, I learned Flamethrower facing Agatha :bawl:, so know I now this thing is hardcore to use. Counter actually came into use once or twice and it saved me during the gym battle with Giovanni, so Counter just stayed there as a last resort. Overall, don't be underleveled, or Charizard will never reach its full potential. But it sure was awesome to beat Blue's Blastoise with Slash at the end of the game.

Hypno Lv. 41
Tri Attack
Hypnosis
Disable
Psychic

Like Charizard, hard to use, but unlike Charizard, very well worth it. It was underleveled, but back in its prime when it was about equal level, OHKO everything, no exceptions until Sabrina, when he started falling behind. Story short, Hypno is a very good middle-game Pokemon, but somewhat suffers in the late game.

Gyarados Lv. 42
Surf
Ice Beam
Fire Blast
Strength

One word to describe him: Versatile. He could take on most Pokemon with ease, even when he was underleveled thanks to his gargantuan Special stat. Surf did most of the heavy-lifting, and Fire Blast was there to kill almost everything else. Gyarados also sweeped three of the Champion's Pokemon (Arcanine, Rhydon, Alakazam), and also almost killed the Exeguttor, so I'm thankful for his help. But one thing you should know: The best Pokemon on the team.

Victreebel Lv. 40
Mega Drain
Body Slam
Razor Leaf
Sleep Powder

This guy was actually my main Rocket fighter, despite the bad matchup. He shined middle-game, similar to Hypno, but his usefulness slowly deteriorated to the point where it fainted fighting Blue's Blastoise without hitting it (Probably just my being under-leveled). He rocks, but only with a type matchup that is favorable or it is a Rocket. And he did a perfect Giovanni sweep, so cheers for that.

Jolteon Lv. 41
Quick Attack
Sand-Attack
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt

Unfortunately, this guy never got to truly shine with his other coverage moves, Double Kick and Pin Missile, but this guy was probably my second best team member because of its insanely high stats.

Nidoking Lv. 41
Earthquake
Surf
Blizzard
Rock Slide

Even with all his coverage, being under-leveled truly killed all this guy's usefulness. The only thing he had going for him is his design. He rocked in the early game though, as Nidoking kills all, and in the late game, he absolutely destroyed Lance's Dragonite, so I love him for that.

So ya, here is my Hall of Fame team. These guys will have a space in my heart forever as this is the first game I ever played without a walkthrough or anything, just me and my craftiness randomly collecting Pokemon, just like the Pokemon experience should be. As I will soon restart, I have to say farewell to this team, but this will probably be the team I've been most attached to; I felt like these were actually living creatures I was playing with, not pixels.

Last edited:

I'm going to be fixing the battery in my copy of Crystal this weekend, and I can't wait to replay it from the beginning :)

I lost my Emerald save thanks to corruption...I was so close to the end too. :'(

My copy of Crystal now has a dead battery. Any save file now gets corrupted.

[Sun Nov 10 13:25:05 PST 2013] Update: I replaced the battery. I beat the Elite Four and Champion with a party of level 35–41 Pokémon. I now have 10 badges. I am at Celadon City.

Last edited:

Well. Totally not a dead thread. Anyway, in about to start a nuzlocke on a game of my choice. See ya.

After a lot of trading, evolving, and breeding, I have finally completed the full Pokedex (649) for my Pokemon Black game. Had final trades tonight to complete it. It took years to get a complete Pokedex with event Pokemon in any game.

Congratulations to you G50, I have never completed any pokedexes sadly :-(

Finally beat the Elite Four and the Champion in Pokemon Yellow after spamming Revives and Hyper Potions. This was my team:

Leafblade (Venusaur)
Level 46.

Razor Leaf
Cut (You don't have to tell me I'm an idiot)
Leech Seed
SolarBeam.
I seriously underestimated Leech Seed. At first I never used it, but now I realize what I had been missing. This guy really helped me out.

Talon (Fearow)
Level 47

Razor Wind
Agility
Fly
Drill Peck

He didn't really help me out much, but he did finish off some Pokemon. I went with a Spearow instead of a Pidgey because a lot of people always go with a Pidgey.

Eon (Vaporeon)
Level 50

Blizzard
Ice Beam
Haze
Surf

Eon really helped me out with Lance and his OP dragons. I'm glad she knew Ice Beam and Blizzard. Funny thing is, I evolved her into Vaporeon before I knew what Blue evolved his Eevee into, and he just so happened to evolve it into a Flareon!

FastKyle (Pikachu)
Level 48

Thunderbolt
Mega Kick
Thunder
Agility

I just couldn't box the poor guy. I hate that sound it makes when you box it. I actually named Pikachu after a friend who is really fast, and Pikachu's best stat is speed.

Snorlax
Level 46

Harden
Strength
Pay Day
Earthquake

Big help with Agatha, but I had to keep reminding myself that Levitate didn't exist in Gen I XD.

Taizo Hori (Charizard)
Level 48

Fly
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Dig

He was decent during the Elite Four battles. Pulled his own weight I guess. Points to whoever knows where the name came from, and why I named him that XD.

And that was my team! Not the best one, but I just wanted to play through the game sooo... Yeah. I'm going to go on the hunt for Mewtwo soon. Then maybe attempt to complete the Pokedex.

I'm surprised Leech Seed helped you out. In my experience, Leech Seed drains a lot less HP in Gen I than in future games. It's nice of you to keep Pikachu in your party. It's so cute and it may be at its strongest in Yellow. That was my experience in the Special Pikachu Edition. It's kind of nice that Blue evolved his Eevee into a Flareon while you evolved yours into a Vaporeon. When I play Yellow, Blue always evolves his Eevee into a Jolteon, regardless of my team. Levitate not existing in Gen I was a good thing. When I played Leaf Green, abilities got in the way of my victory. How are you going to complete the Pokedex? Do you know people who still have Red/Blue/Yellow and a Game Boy (Color)?

I had free time, so I played some White 2 which I still haven't beaten yet though I think I got it the day it was released in America.
Anyways, I'm in the Team Plasma pirate ship. I already beat Colress up, but I thought there was a button for the protagonist to push to release White Kyurem.
I guess the only buttons I got to push were for the ones for the lasers.

Open the spoiler to see how Kyurem felt in captivity. I think I was influenced by N.
pi5.gif

Had this resized from 6 MB to 1.4 MB!

Well, I played through Red again, and this time, after struggling to keep Mewtwo down to low health, I caught it... in just one Ultra Ball. XD

Of course, that was the second try. On the first, I threw all 13 of my Ultra Balls (yeah, I only had 13), and they all "missed the POKéMON!" FML

The team that got me through the game and tussled with Mewtwo:
Blastoise Lv.56
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Dig

Nidoking Lv.56
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Thrash
- Poison Sting

Clefable Lv.56
- Body Slam
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hyper Beam

Flareon Lv.56
- Fire Blast
- Flamethrower
- Double-Edge
- Fire Spin

I bred some Mawile, Lucario, Larvitar, Kangaskhan, and Electrike for IVs and the correct natures that I will need for their Mega forms after transferring later on. I spent 3 hours looking for 30 Shards of different colors so I could give them their Move Tutor moves. I gave Kangaskhan Work Up, and now they are all ready to transfer once Pokemon Bank is released again.

In Pokemon White 2, it was emotional seeing N confronting Ghetsis and calling him father. I was scared to battle Ghetsis after seeing the PETA version of him.
They need to allow the protagonist to ride on Reshiram/Zekrom like N does.

I kind of got lost going through the Great Chasm to find Route 23. I now just need to go through Victory Road and finally challenge the Elite Four.

currently playing through emerald (which amazingly iv nvr beat b4) and just beat norman. Im grinding my mons from 25 to 30 at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom