• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Lost Tower's Travelog

I am currently replaying FR/LG and my team consists of:
- Raichu Lv 54
- Blastiose Lv 57
- Dugtrio Lv 56
- Arcanine Lv 49
- Pidgeot Lv 51
- Machoke Lv 38

I've beaten the eight gyms and when I'm finished training I will conquer the E4 and then the Sevii Islands. MUHAHAHAHAHA

Playing through Platinum for the first time in a while so that I can catch a Heatran for my team in Black.

Current Team: Garchomp (Level 48), Torterra (Level 52), Buneary (Level 51), Staraptor (Level 51), Floatzel (Level 51) and Luxray (Level 51).

MMing for a Shiny poochyena...
Just reached 56...

I'm going through an old game phase, but as of this moment, I'm playing Crystal. I just recently ordered it online, so it's my first play through. (I got Gold and Silver at their release.)

I haven't even gone against Falkner yet. Bringing my team up to level a little bit.
Domino - Cyndaquil - Lvl 12
Betty - Poliwag - Lvl 8 (aiming for 10)
Lexi - Gastly - Lvl 6 (aiming for 10)
Belden - Bellsprout - Lvl 5 (aiming for 10)
Scribble - Spinarak - Lvl 5 (aiming for 8 or so...will probably be replaced.)
Helga - Rattata - Lvl 6 (aiming for 8 or so...but will definitely be replaced by Natu.)

Playing Green on my Super Game Boy and I just went through Shion Town. Can't fight the ghosts yet. I'm aiming to get all Pokemon, and I try to keep them at even levels.

Currently on Route 24 in Yellow

Pikachu Lv19: Thundershock, Quick Attack, Double Team, and Surf (starter Pokémon, and yes, I used GameShark)
Mankey Lv15: Scratch, Leer, Low Kick, and Karate Chop (caught this one west of Viridian City fairly early on, second Pokémon)
Pidgey Lv10: Gust, Sand-Attack (Viridian Forest)
Butterfree Lv11: Tackle, String Shot, Harden, Confusion (Viridian Forest, evolved from Caterpie)
Geodude Lv17: Tackle, Defense Curl, Rock Throw (Mt. Moon)
Paras Lv13: Scratch, Stun Spore (Mt. Moon)

An update, since no one posted (and not since February 6, even): Route 25 in Yellow (just visited Bill)
Current team consists of:

Bulbasaur Lv12: Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed (at the front to gain experience)
Pikachu Lv20: Thundershock, Quick Attack, Slam, and Surf
Charmander Lv15: Scratch, Growl, Ember, Leer
Butterfree, Geodude, and Mankey are unchanged (Mankey is now Lv16)

Paras and Pidgey gained some experience but were put away to make room for the RBG starters.

Currently in the kitchen of the S.S. Anne.

Bulbasaur is now a Lv16 Ivysaur, but it has retained the same moves.
Geodude is now Lv19 and has been taught Dig.
Pikachu is now Lv22 but still has the same moves.
Charmander is now a Lv16 Charmeleon, but still has the same moves.
Butterfree is now Lv13 and features Tackle, String Shot, Poisonpowder, and Confusion.
Mankey is unchanged.

Pokédex count is 16.

I wanted to update every other day...I'm now in Lavender Town, and probably will try to put away Pokémon to focus on other game endeavors.

Ivysaur is Lv18 and has Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, and Cut
Geodude is now a Lv25 Graveler and has Seismic Toss, Selfdestruct, Rock Throw, and Dig.
Gyarados is a new comer and has Bubblebeam, Tackle, Bite, and um, Splash.
Pikachu is now Lv27 and has replaced Thundershock with Thunderbolt.
Another newcomer: Mr. Mime, with Lv22 and featuring Confusion, Psychic, and Barrier.
Charmeleon is now Lv22 but -still- has the same old moves.

Pokédex count is 23. I need to head out of Pokémon Tower and beat Erika, to give Charmeleon experience. Will be posting again after beating Erika AND Pokémon Tower.

Day 1, 10:45 pm, Saur, Team Savages

Wow, what a day it has been. I woke up by a torchic named Blaze, and I was a Bulbasaur! After the confusion, a Butterfree came up to us and asked her to save her son! We did it, then Blaze asked me to form a rescue team. We became Team Savages. Not much to report today, so bye!

Going through Diamond. Currently at Floaroma Town, and just got done defeating Mars.

Spr_4d_394.png

Skipper
the Prinplup

Received in Sandgem Town at Lv.5
Currently Lv.19

Metal Claw
Pluck
Bubble
Hidden Power

(Steel, 60~ power)

Spr_4d_239.png

Spark Plug
the Elekid

Hatched in Route 203
Currently Lv.13

Quick Attack
ThunderShock
Ice Punch
Cross Chop

I'm planning to go through this game with Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon and Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire, but I also want a third Poke to tie the team together. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Ooo, I like this thread! I recently restarted my PMD Blue Rescue. I became an Eevee with my partner being a Torchic. I just defeated Rayquaza yesterday! Here's my current team:

133.png
@
Ribbon.png
{Special Band} | Lv. 31
~ Attract
~ Sand-attack
~ Quick Attack
~ Bite

256.png
@
Ribbon.png
{Special Band} | Lv. 32
~ Fire Spin
~ Fire Blast
~ Double Kick
~ Quick Attack

147.png
@ Nothing | Lv. 30
~ Slam
~ Twister
~ Thunder Wave
~ Wrap

I just recruited Dratini, need to fix up its moveset and evolve it. The problem is, I fainted in Wyvern Cave and I'm waiting for someone to rescue me! If I don't get rescued I'll have to recruit Dratini all over again... so VM me if you can help! :D

I plan to evolve Eevee into Espeon and replace Quick Attack with Psybeam (Attract and Sand-Attack are such amazing moves in this game, especially for boss battles). Bite is for other Psychic pokemon but I'm going to replace it if I can find a special move to hit steel types or dark types.

@SharKing, it's kind of hard to say since Elekid has great coverage as does Empoleon, but you do have two Ground weak Pokemon (assuming you'll evolve Prinplup to Empoleon). But both of your Pokemon have SE moves against Ground. You don't really have anything to take Fighting attacks for Empoleon. Misdreavus/Gastly/Drifloon are immune to fighting and ground, so they come to mind.

Last edited:

In Gold, I saved next to Ho-oh, due to me trying to catch it, then I noticed that I forgot to change the clock in New Bark Town due to DST...

I am replaying through Yellow, I am at Silph Co., trying to save it from the Rockets. Here is my party, please tell me how I can improve, and don't tell me to change my party, I am keeping all Pokemon in there.

Chameleon lvl 28: Ember, Mega Punch, Dig, Cut
Wartortle Lvl 23: Bubblebeam, Mega Punch, Tackle, Tail Whip
Pidgeotto Lvl 25 Sand Attack, Whirlwind, Double-Edge, Fly
Pikachu Lvl 27 Thunderbolt, Slam, Double Team, Thunder Wave
Hitmonchan Lvl 30 Comet Punch, Agility, Counter
Snorlax Lvl 30 Headbutt, Amnesia, Rest

I have the following Pokemon in box:

Ivysaur Level 22
Eevee Lvl 25
Butterfree Lvl 20 something....
Cubone Lvl 20

Dear Log

I am currently moving silently in the shadows of Silph Co., hoping Rocket Grunts don't notice me. Especially not Jessie and James. They are annoying. I intend to defeat Giovanni, I suspect he must be here in the building, with this big of an invasion. I have also heard rumors of a Lapras inhabiting here, but I have not seen it. Here is my party, an early Hall of Fame:

Chameleon
Wartortle
Pidgeotto
Pikachu
Hitmonchan
Snorlax

I should head off to the 'Center, my Snorlax and Hitmonchan have fainted and Pikachu has almost passed out. Good night, and good luck to the Silph Co. sincerely.

Red

ARGH!!!!! I had gotten the HM Surf, the Gold Teeth and a whole bunch of Safari Zone Pokemon, like level 36 Nidoran. I forgot to save! Now I am back in Celadon where I last saved, in front of the second Snorlax. I had to also beat the sucker all over again!

Dear Log

I beat up my idiotic rival, Gary in a heated battle. Turns out he evolved his Eevee into a Flareon. I also explored the Safari Zone, but I haven't got the missing teeth or the HM Surf yet. I also took down Jessie and James, and someone gave me a Lapras. Here is my party:

Charmeleon Lvl 31 Cut, Dig, Mega Punch, Ember
Wartortle Lvl 26 Bubblebeam, Mega Punch, Tail Whip, Bite
Pidgeotto Lvl 26 Whirlwind, Sand-Attack, Double-Edge, Fly
Pikachu Lvl 30 Thunderbolt, Take Down, Double-Team, Thunder Wave
Hitmonchan Lvl 31 Submission, Counter, Comet Punch, Agility
Snorlax Lvl 33 Psychic, Amnesia, Rest, Headbutt

Yes, I know, kind of powerful. Should I also note I beat the Fuchsia City leader, Koga?

Well, sorry I haven't updated. But I beat Yellow! I beat Sabrina with ease, but Blaine was just too difficult. The only reason I am not still on him, actually, is because I caught the Legendary Bird named Zapdos. I also, surprisingly to me, took down Giovanni easier, and I have literally destroyed Lorelei, and during the battle, an evolution occurred; and Charmeleon, after taking down her Jynx with suprising difficulty, became a Charizard! Must admit he looks like an orange dragonfly in the back, but he knows Fire Blast so I won't complain. Oh, I forgot to mention I caught Moltres in Victory Road, but I didn't use him. I took down Bruno's two Onix with Wartortle, who still is a Wartortle, and Zapdos also pretty much blew the rest up with Drill Peck. Agatha wasn't too hard, except when Zapdos kept electrocuting and pecking itself. But Lance is a different story. Gyarados had to take too of Pikachu's Thunderbolts, but thankfully it likes Dragon Rage. Dragonairs got Drill Pecked. It took three Pokemon to take down Aerodyctal , and Dragonite missed Thunder so my Wartortle got a critical hit Blizzard, and Zapdos finished the brawl off. The Champion was Gary, my rival. But he was actually easier then Lance. I got a critical hit Bubblebeam on Sandslash, Snorlax crashed into Alakazam's poor defense, Exeguttor got Zapdos's Drill Peck, Cloyster tasted Thunder, Magneton received a holiday gift of Charizard's Dig, and Flareon got beat up by my whole party, each taking turns. Only three Pokemon fainted. I also caught Articuno, and I entered Cerulean Cave, and taught the specimen that escaped Cinnabar, Mewtwo, a lesson about being in a Master Ball.

Here is my current party:

Wartortle Lvl 34 Bubblebeam, Mega Punch, Toxic, Blizzard
Pikachu Lvl 35 Thunderbolt, Take Down, Double-Team, Thunder Wave
Snorlax Lvl 36 Body Slam, Rest, Surf, Psychic
Charizard Lvl 36 Fire Blast, Dig, Slash, Cut
Zapdos Lvl 55 Thundershock, Drill Peck, Thunder, Fly
Mewtwo Lvl 70 Psychic, Barrier, Swift, Recover

I beat the Elite Four a second time with all my legendary Pokemon, Snorlax, and of course Pika Pika! Actually, Pikachu never participated. Mewtwo, I think, was the only one that always battled. Zapdos and Moltres took down Lorelei, Articuno and Zapdos also beat Bruno, and Snorlax endeavored during Agatha's fight. Of course, everyone (except Pikachu) had to battle Lance and dun dun dun... Gary. But now, I will focus on Silver and mostly train Pikachu and Snorlax when I do play Yellow, since I made a choice of replacing my current party with:

Articuno Lvl 50 Ice Beam, Peck, Fly
Zapdos Lvl 56 or 55? Drill Peck, Thundershock, Fly, Thunder
Moltres Lvl 50 Fire Spin, Peck, Fly
Pikachu Lvl 35 Thunderbolt, Double Team, Thunder Wave, Take Down
Snorlax Lvl 36 Rest, Body Slam, Surf, Fissure
Mewtwo Lvl 71 Psychic, Barrier, Swift, Recover

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom