• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Lost Tower's Travelog

It is possible that the save battery in my copy of Pokémon Crystal may be about to run dry.

Its clock currently claims that it is 07:50 on Friday, but here is the output of the date command:
Code:
Wed Jun  6 07:54:40 CDT 2012

This may not seem too different, but it displayed a similar time at 23:something!:
Myself said:
23:51:58 < woddf2> My copy of Pokémon Crystal says it is 07:43. What is this?

This thread dying is really sad... I will just post some stuff to try and kick-start this again. I am not sure if I mentioned this, but I have a Blastoise in Yellow now. I also leveled Pikachu and Snorlax a bit, and I am trying to complete the available Pokedex (I don't think I can trade, because I play this game on a computer.) So that means, according to calculations, 132 ( That was the closest I remember, I am certain it is in the 130s...) Pokemon are available to catch. Right now I have 61, so I have a long journey. I am working to evolve Pidgeotto and Ivysaur. And yes, because of a trade you can get Machamp, so I have that. If there wasn't, I would have about 60. My Silver file.... I am not in the mood to talk about that... So that's all. Also, Pikachu is not going to learn Thunder, because Thunderbolt is accurate.

My team in Yellow is, currently:

Pikachu "Jean Luc" Level 40 Thunderbolt, Take Down, Double Team, Thunder Wave. Notes: He is a really good one when it comes to catching Pokemon. Uses Double Team so the wild Pokemon don't hit him, strikes with a few Thunderbolts, then strikes with Thunder Wave and then they get the Ultra Ball treatment.

Snorlax Level 41 Body Slam, Surf, Rest, Fissure. Notes: He is actually very impressive when it comes to variety. However, most people I battle nowadays have higher levels then Snorlax, so Fissure isn't very useful, honestly, but Snorlax is actually, in terms of power, a star of the team.

Articuno Lvl 56 Peck, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Fly Notes: Articuno is definitely the best Pokemon when it comes to the Elite Four. It can Ice Beam Bruno's Onix, Fly on everything else on Bruno's Team, is a beast when it comes to Lance's team, and can get good hits on Blue's Exeguttor and Sandslash. Bravo, Articuno.

Rhydon Lvl 63 Rock Slide, Ice Beam, Horn Drill, Earthquake Notes: You could actually argue Rhydon is my best Pokemon in terms of Psychical stats.. It knows Horn Drill already, but with Ice Beam, it doesn't need to worry about Grass types. It knows the strongest Rock and Ground moves in the game, which makes it great. However, it can and will faint to fast Water types.

Zapdos Lvl 65 Thunder, Thundershock, Fly, Drill Peck Notes: Zapdos is probably my best Pokemon, even better then the next one. It might be a lower level, but its stats are incredible. It is a real beast, perhaps able to defeat most of Blue's team by itself except Magneton. It is a powerhouse. Well done Zapdos.

Mewtwo Lvl 74 Psychic, Barrier, Recover, Swift Notes: Mewtwo is a beast. That is all I can say about Mewtwo's awesome, destructive, power. I would say Red Blue and Yellow Mewtwo is the strongest Pokemon in general. Mewtwo is mostly a last resort, but is helpful when sent out.

Last edited:

Well, I finally picked up Emerald again. I had to level grind a bit near Fallarbor Town, then want down the Jagged Pass to Lavaridge to heal. I caught a Swablu to raise into an Altaria for my team later. Im not sure I'm ready to fight Flannery, I may need to backtrack and train more, but I'm thinking of trying to battle her and see if I have a chance first.

Darn! I never even did anything on here with my Platinum. I will post my team, I am raising the whole team to Level 75, then I will rematch the E4.

Leafeon Lvl 62 SolarBeam (Leaf Blade will replace it), Sunny Day, Synthesis, Quick Attack (I am not a fan of these kinds of moves, trying to find a move or TM to replace it)
Kricketune Lvl 63 Sing, Night Slash, X-Scissor, Brick Break
Machamp Lvl 64 Submission, Cross Chop, Strength, Rock Slide
Staraptor Lvl 64 Brave Bird, Fly, Close Combat, Return
Giratina (Origin Form) Lvl 64 Earth Power, Thunderbolt, Shadow Force, Dragon Pulse
Empoleon Lvl 71 (Current one I am training, reason of high level) Surf, Ice Beam, Hyper Beam, Flash Cannon

I find Stark Mountain a GREAT training place. I totally recommend for people who are training to rematch the Gym Leaders and stuff.

Currently traversing LeafGreen, in training for the 7th badge. After finishing this game, I will go on to SoulSilver and resume my playthrough of that.

My LG team is as follows:

Lapras, level 29, Surf, Body Slam, Confuse Ray, Psychic
Ninetales, level 32, Flamethrower, Confuse Ray, Will-O-Wisp, Quick Attack
Raticate, level 33, Cut, Pursuit, Quick Attack, Hyper Fang
Raichu, level 33, Thunderbolt, Brick Break, Double Team, Thunder Wave
Venusaur, level 33, Giga Drain, Poisonpowder, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf
Sandslash, level 34, Aerial Ace, Strength, Dig, Rock Tomb

Sandslash is a powerhouse. I love this thing. My team, except for Lapras and Venusaur, are all physical attackers, so it's something I need to adjust to. Also going through with no flying-types at all, something I've never done before.

Currently traversing LeafGreen, in training for the 7th badge. After finishing this game, I will go on to SoulSilver and resume my playthrough of that.

My LG team is as follows:

Lapras, level 29, Surf, Body Slam, Confuse Ray, Psychic
Ninetales, level 32, Flamethrower, Confuse Ray, Will-O-Wisp, Quick Attack
Raticate, level 33, Cut, Pursuit, Quick Attack, Hyper Fang
Raichu, level 33, Thunderbolt, Brick Break, Double Team, Thunder Wave
Venusaur, level 33, Giga Drain, Poisonpowder, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf
Sandslash, level 34, Aerial Ace, Strength, Dig, Rock Tomb

Sandslash is a powerhouse. I love this thing. My team, except for Lapras and Venusaur, are all physical attackers, so it's something I need to adjust to. Also going through with no flying-types at all, something I've never done before.

Sorry if I am a bit late, but you are kind of underleveled. You should be fine when your whole team is Level 43.

^^Yes, yes I am xD For some reason, I always end up underleveled.

I started 3 new games in the past week, all on an emulator. I am going to record my progress. I'll edit this post with the levels and moves later.

Blue: My team of two Pokemon is OK right now, most of the Pokemon I will catch are late in the game. I beat Misty the last time I played. My team is Pikachu and Wartortle.

Emerald: On the third gym, he's too dang tough, but I am underleveled. Raising all Pokemon to Level 25. Current team: Aron, Makuhita, Electrike, and Grovyle.

LeafGreen: My brother, who is a jerk, wouldn't let me play the other two today, for some reason, all the data is on one computer, so I started this on another, and I obviously made the most progress on it. I am going to go in Rock Tunnel soon. My current team is: Ivysaur Level 25, Diglett Level 25, Gyarados Level 25, and Fearow Level 25. I have a Drowsee in the party for Flash.

I played a lot of Emerald last week. I had to grind my team up to Level 30 and managed to beat Norman after losing once. I usually lose to him because he's tough to beat. After I beat him, I went back, caught a Marill and taught it Surf then continued to Rt 119 where I battled the trainers. Then I decided I wanted an Altaria on my team so went back and caught a Swablu. I also evolved my Gulpin into a Swalot. Im at the Weather Institute now.

Resently, I been training my team on Leafgreen. I beat the game, but I just want to train them. :lol:
Here's a look.

Machamp, Lv. 60, Revenge, Seismic Toss, Cross Chop, Dynamic Punch
Charizard, Lv. 69, Fly, Blast Burn, Overheat, Fire Blast
Tyranitar, Lv. 73, Crunch, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, Earthquake
Venusaur, Lv. 75, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Solar Beam, Frenzy Plant
Blastoise, Lv. 78, Hydro Cannon, Hydro Pump, Waterfall, Surf
Alakazam, Lv. 78, Recover, Psychic, Calm Mind, Psybeam

What do you think of my team? If anyone wants me to, I can post it in a easier to read format.

On another note, I also been trying to beat Arena Tycoon Greta. I never seem to get to her though. All thats going to change after I teach some mega-moves to my Metagross.

I started Blue after months again, and I am at the Pokemon League. My team is: Blastoise, Raichu, Hitmonlee, Magmar, Dragonair, and Tauros. I noticed only have of my team can evolve or have evolved (Not counting future generations).
Emerald somehow got deleted, my last team on there was Gardevoir, Sceptile, Manectric, Lairon, and Hariyama.
I started Red and did two games. My first one was Charizard, Vileplume, Cloyster, Fearow, Hypno, and Primeape. The second was Venusaur, Starmie, Arcanine, Nidoking, Aerodyctal, and I can't remember the last one for now. I will post more later.

I restarted LeafGreen again, since the team I had just wasn't working out. I'm currently at the Pokemon League in my new save (just got there this morning), and here's the team I've built this time around:

Victreebel (Saboten), level 41, Vine Whip, Toxic, Flash, Sleep Powder. I'm a bit irked with this one, since if I had waited two more levels (I evolved Weepinbell at level 40), I could have had Razor Leaf instead of the forever-crappy Vine Whip. Ugh.

Snorlax (Daitaro), level 42, Body Slam, Brick Break, Shock Wave, Strength. I taught it Shock Wave even though its special attack isn't that great, just so I could have an electric type move in my team if needed.

Graveler (Vladimir), level 42, Dig, Rock Throw, Earthquake, Rock Blast. Not much to say about him except that he's saved me in battle a few times.

Charizard (Koschei), level 42, Cut, Fly, Flamethrower, Metal Claw. Koschei's Special Attack is much higher than his Attack, which is extremely useful for Flamethrower usage. I only have two HM moves on him because he's the only one in my team that can learn Fly, and I wasn't using Wing Attack much anyway.

Butterfree (Amelia), level 43, Sleep Powder, Giga Drain, Poisonpowder, Psychic. I was actually really surprised by Amelia; I only initially caught her for help with Brock and whatever else Koschei was weak to. She's now one of the main Pokemon I use on the team, primarily to take out Poison-types. If I'd known that Butterfree had really good potential before, I would've used it earlier than now.

Vaporeon (Matsu), level 45, Bite, Water Pulse, Surf, Aurora Beam. I really like Vaporeon. A lot. Matsu is easily the star of the team.

So that's my team. The only problem Pokemon I have right now is Saboten, but I think I'll be able to work with her... somehow... that stupid Vine Whip is going to be the death of me, though.

I'm currently doing a Water mono-type run in HeartGold.

The planned team is Quagsire, Politoed, Slowking, Lapras, Lanturn and Kingdra.

I just defeated Morty and the team is currently:

Quagsire level 27
Poliwhirl level 27
and Slowking level 28

Im currently in Team Magma's hideout in Emerald, trying to beat them before going on to Team Aqua's base near Lilycove city.
'Team:
Swablu Lv 33
Grovyle Lv 34
Lairon Lv 35
Swalot Lv 33
Sharpedo Lv 34
Numel Lv 34

Id like to grind a bit after beating both evil teams and have my team at Lv 40 before going to the next gym, as I have trouble with Tate and Liza.

About a month ago, I bred a Blaziken from a Ruby with a Mightyena to get Torchic. I transfered them all, including a female, to Diamond for training. The female one is now a Combusken.

Just caught a shiny Geodude in LeafGreen today. Replacing my Graveler with it, as they're the same Pokemon, just different colors. xDDD

Water mono-type run in HeartGold.

The planned team is Quagsire, Politoed, Slowking, Lapras, Lanturn and Kingdra.

Caught Lapras and a Chinchou since the last time I updated. I wanted a Lapras with Water Absorb but I got one with Shell Armor and it had a decent nature. It will do anyway. The Chinchou had Volt Absorb and a nice nature though and it quickly evolved into Lanturn, who is pretty fun to use. I just defeated Chuck and fixed the Lighthouse problem so now I'm about to face Jasmine, which shouldn't be a problem at all with this team.

Current team is:

Quagsire level 29
Poliwhirl level 30
Slowking level 29
Lapras level 28
and Lanturn level 29

So far so good.

In Emerald I beat the Aqua Hideout and now I'm going to Mossdeep City and just battling trainers and levelling my team. My Swablu just evolved into Altaria and I am going to work on evolving my Grovyle and levelling up for the next gym. I'm planning on taking a break from this game for BW2 but I will pick it back up after.

Pokemon Yellow.

Dear log,

I have finallly defeated Misty. My Pikachu, Nidoking, and charmander fainted in process. Luckily, my Ivysaur defeated her Starmie easily. I have had no luck finding an Abra near nugget bridge, causing me distress. I discovered my link cable has broke, but i know of no one who sells them. I shall report back on the capture of an abra and or mew.

Picked Emerald up again. After losing to Tate ans Liza again, I leveled up my Pokemon some and rechallenged them. It was a pretty tough battle and my Sharpedo and Sceptile got KOed. I managed to use Lairon and Altaria to pull off a lucky win. Im really glad Rock is weak againt Steel and Dragonbreath has a chance of Paralysis ^^; I went to the Mosdeep Space Center and battled team Magma, beating them easily, then got Dive from Steven, teaching it to Sharpedo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom