• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Lost Tower's Travelog

I've been playing SoulSilver recently. I'm making my way towards the 8th gym, and my team currently is:

Fearow, level 33
Ambipom, level 33
Magmar, level 33
Scyther, level 33
Feraligatr, level 34

I'm saving the last spot in my party for the Dratini you get after answering the questions and beating Clair. The only Pokemon in my team I haven't used before is Ambipom, but I think it's been pretty cool so far.

Yay for no dead batteries on Red. FINALLY MEWTWO! Sadly I can't transfer it to FR/LG. Stupid overdone Gen 1 Mewtwo. And my dad's famous level 80 some Magmar with all the punches.

i love gen 1

should i replay original red or firered?

Up to you, Mythicalzoe. Anyways. FINALLY got through Sky Pillar in Emerald, though I had to use the Master Ball that I was planning to clone. Traded Rayquaza to Ruby and used it to capture Groudon, including Mary (Swampert, level 76 now) and EXPLOUD (Female, level 45). I defeated the Elite Four and transferred GROUDON, Rayquaza, Brenna (Blaziken, currently level 76) Mary, EXPLOUD, and an insignificant Magikarp. Had a hack of a time doing it. But then i went to beat up the Gym Leaders who I've been hoarding in the Dojo. Rare Candies and picked up a Volt Tackling Pichu egg. (I am a chronic AR user, but I lost it a few months ago. ) I'm planning to get them all over to Black/White as soon as I can slip away with my dear sister's DSi.

I was planning on restarting Platinum again, so I am busy with the planning of it, but I can't wait! The problem is, my Black game is begging to be played...

I started a Fire Red game two days ago which Ive never played till now( dunno why, lol) I chose Squirtle as my starter because I find Squirtle a cool Kanto starter. I caught a top percentage Rattata, a Caterpie, a Weedle and a Pikachu. I dont plan on really using all of them. I trained for a few hours and then battled Brock, it was really easy considering my Squirtle was Lv 13.

Team:
Squirtle Lv 14
Rattata Lv 12
Butterfree Lv 10
Beedrill Lv 10
Pikachu Lv 3( probably boxing though may keep around to battle Misty)

In Emerald I have just defeated Brawly and began training on the Route South of Slateport City.

Current Team

Terra (Shroomish) Lv. 18 [M]

Iris (Taillow) Lv. 19 [F]

Mitch (Combusken) Lv. 18 [M]

I've got my full team of six mapped out but I won't get access to my fourth member until atleast Four Badges.

I started a Normal mono-type run in HeartGold. Just reached Azalea Town.

My current team is:
Jerry the Furret
Basil the Teddiursa
George the Snubbull
and Domenic the Doduo

I'm looking to add a Miltank and a Girafarig to my team later and probably replacing the Furret with either a Togetic or a Tauros. Now for the Slowpoke Well and Bugsy though.

Getting together all the gen 3 games and a gba sp so I can get the national dex diplomas in each of them. Emerald and ruby have had their clocks run dry and leaf green is a fake game. I just have to wait for the ruby and fire red game to get started.

I'm going to restart them all except for emerald, as that already has the 3 dogs as well as latios and latias which will make things easier! Will have to restart emerald to get all the johto starts though...

Will keep you updated when I start.

Playing Emerald again. After losing quite badly to Juan due to being underleveled. Im levelling up at Sky Pillar though I cant get past the second floor >.< I plan to level up some more andtry battling the gym leader again, then tons of training for E4 and Wallace.

Had fun playing my White 2.....For the third time. I bought a new action replay and my little cus was bugging me to use it to get him an event Keldeo. I got the code, but had to leave before I could use it. I tried it when i got home. (it didn't work.) So now I need to try it again. He also wants a Ditto now, which he cannot get for some odd reason. Be back soon, once i restart my SoulSilver.

I FINALLY found a Wal-Mart with Black 2 in stock so I could get it. I played for a half hour with my ction replay and a malfunctioning code, and ended up with this team.

Dewott-Nicknamed Sam-level 44
Unfezant-nicknamed Unova-level 76
Stoutland-nicknamed Kanto-level 76

Of course the code was the one that was supoosed to let you catch a Pokemon that corresponded to the amount of Masterballs and Ultraballs you had. All it did was make any Pokemon that would normally appear on that route become level 63. I'm halfway to Virbank City.

The Official Travelog/Let's Play Thread

So, you're playing through a Pokémon game - be it as just a casual thing for fun, or as part of a Let's Play and you want to share your grand adventure with other people? Then here is the place for you! In the past, we've had travelogs for new game releases, but we thought it would be better if we just made a shiny new one that applies for all Generation V games (Gen IV and earlier belong in The Lost Tower as usual). There are however, some house rules:

Travelogs:
- Please make posts at least three sentences long.
- If you wish to make an update to your travelog, make sure that there are at least 3 posts following your previous post, or 24 hours has passed since your last one.

Let's Plays:
1) We discourage the use and discussion of ROMs, so any videos that have any obvious signs of being played on a ROM (such as a cursor or visible tool bar from an emulator program) will be deleted and you will be hit with a Copyright Violation.
2) You may post your videos, but the forum rules do have a policy against advertisement. This means that you will not be allowed to link to your channel or ask for people to subscribe etc - just post the individual videos. If you break this rule, you will have earned yourself an advertisement warning/infraction.
3) At the moment, all Let's Plays should be posted in the "Official Travelog/Let's Play Thread" that will go up shortly. If people request to be notified of when you post a new video, you can do so by tagging the individual people into subsequent posts - but only if they request you do so.

So yeah, stay safe and have fun!

Episode 22 - Dick Missed the Big Chance!

The team welcomes another addition to its ranks! Stay tuned for a few laughs and and close calls, as we try and capture a raging inferno into a small sphere of friendship and trust.....well, it's something like that...

Episode 23 - I Swear He's Never Done that Before

We venture forth with new party member in hand, to the next town in our journey! What shall we do next? Comment and let us know; you choose our heros' destiny!

Episode 24 - Lets Go Shopping!

We start out our next leg, with some frolicking through fields, and soaring through skies! Now how can we top this amazing day off..... Shopping!!

Episode 25 - Hello Ladies!

Time to high-tail it back to Celdon, and take care of some unfinished business! Wait what? ... a Gym full of women.... TO THE GYM!

Episode 26 - Puppy Love

We continue through Celadon Gym and show our Pokemon a little love. It's a quick grind of experience before we take on the leader. Bring it on ladies!

I just caught lugia with my first poke ball.

I battled it three times with ultra and timer balls 160 minutes + per try over a span of three days
The fourth time just now I get it down to its tick, throw a regular pokeball catches first one lol wtf.
I'll look epic on the global network :)
Ifapfreely, time to use you with my right hand of epic! :)

Re: The official Travelog/Let's Play Thread

Quick question: Does a game being played in Stadium count as emulation?

Re: The official Travelog/Let's Play Thread

Quick question: Does a game being played in Stadium count as emulation?

I wouldn't think so. Stadium and Stadium 2 use the N64's Transfer Pak, which requires the actual game cartridge, to play on the big screen, which only emulates the Game Boy, not the game, since you can then continue playing on the GB, save there, go back to Stadium, play there, and back to the GB in a cycle.

Re: The Official Travelog/Let's Play Thread

I'm surprised no one uses this. To celebrate the end of Generation V, and the dawn of 3D Pokemon, I'm doing a playthrough in Black, but since I have another DS and a complete White game, I can trade over Pokemon from other generations. This doesn't mean Level 50 after the second gym; the Pokemon will be around my team's level. This is not a Let's Play, it'll be a travelog. I'll be starting in maybe a week or so.

Re: The Official Travelog/Let's Play Thread

Ugh, I've been wanting to do a Let's Play for this thread so badly but I don't have the resources necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom