• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next part of my Nuzlocke... My first loss was a big one... *cries*

HeartGold Nuzlocke (part 4)

Evening on third day (forget what I said last time about morning)
Caught a Spearow in Rt. 33, named him Felix, Rash, sent to PC
Trained a bit on Rt. 33, went to explore lower level of Union Cave
Found X Speed and TM39 Rocktomb
Taught Rock Tomb to Roland
I like training in this cave, the wild pokes are at a good level
Lucy got to level 14
Oh yeah, I forgot Wade called, lets go see what berries he's got
After I finish in this cave...
Found X Defend

Went to Rt. 31 got a Leppa Berry from Wade
Collected some apricorns, better got see Kurt
Looked around a tiny bit in Rt. 36 and got HM06 Rock Smash!
Lucy learned Rock Smash
Smashed some rocks in Ruins of Alph
Found Rare Candy, later found Great Ball
Smashed a rock and found a level 14 Geodude, it's my first Pokemon in the ruins, but not a new species, so down it goes!
Abigail got to level 15, learned Poison Powder
Found Hyper Potion

Headed back to Azalea Town, smashing rocks along the way
Roland got to level 14
Found a Shell Bell, gave it to Lucy
Made it all the way through Union Cave without a single encounter
Went to see Kurt, got Love Balls
Thought I'd visit Ilex Forest real quick, maybe catch a mon then train
Let's see if I can catch those Farfetch'd too!
Encountered a Zubat... Next
Caught the first Farfetch'd and found a Revive
Found a Metapod, first new species encounter!
Caught him! Metapod was named "Duke", Adamant, sent to PC
Caught the other Farfetch'd, got HM01 Cut
Lucy learned Cut

Went to the Azalea Town Gym to scope out the competition
Challenged by Bug Catcher Al
Sent out Deacon, beat Caterpie
Sent out Everett, beat Weedle
Challenged by Bug Catcher Benny
Sent out Deacon, Crit Pecked Weedle, beat Kakuna
Deacon got to level 14
Fought Beedrill, beat with some Uproar
Challenged by Twins Amy & Mimi
Sent out Deacon and Abigail
healed Deacon and switched Abigail for Benjamin, beat the pair
Challenged by Bug Catcher Josh
Sent out Everett, got Paralyzed twice, but won
Everett got to level 14

Going to take on Bugsy
Not as high level as I probably should be, but I think we can take him
Challenged by Leader Bugsy
Sent our Benjamin, fought Scyther
Used Smokescreen, tried to heal and attack, but the Scyther is too fast and strong
Benjamin is gone... Have to focus
Sent out Roland, used Rock Tomb and destroyed the Scyther
FOR BENJAMIN!!
Roland got to level 15, learned Magnitude
Roland faced Metapod, used the opportunity to spam Defense Curl
Roland defeated Metapod, got to level 16
Defeated Kakuna

Won the Hive Badge
The triumphant music doesn't help... I'm so sorry Benjamin
Got TM89 U-Turn

Tragedy has struck in the ShadOBabe HeartGold Nuzlocke challenge.
My Quilava, sweet little Bashful Benjamin, has fallen in battle to Bugsy's Scyther. He was too fast, and packed too much of a punch. He was avenged by his brother in arms, Roland the Geodude with a brutal Rock Tomb.
I knew we were under leveled, but I was too cocky. I'm so sorry Benjamin. But if I quit now, you died for nothing. That ain't happening. Wherever you are Benny, I'm gonna make you proud.

"For Benjamin" thus became the official team war cry
I put Deacon in the PC (he seemed like he needed it after losing Ben)
Edith the Slowpoke and Vicky the Gastly joined the team
We will mourn Benjamin, but then we will be doing some SERIOUS training (grinding)

Ive started a new game in Omega Ruby. I picked Mudkip as my starter and named him Skippy which I thought would be sorta funny. I also caught a Poochyena, a Ralts and a Slakoth(but I only want to evolve it for my AS dex) Im up to Rustboro and beat Roxanne before taking a break. I was originally going to go Hoenn-only but decided since I caught a male Ralts, Im going to evolve it into Gallade rather than Gardevoir. I also would like to grab a Mawile and train it as I have yet to use one. I havent figured out the rest of my team but I might just catch what appeals to me. Its more fun that way IMO. I want to beat Brawly today and maybe get to Slateport City.

I started a new game on Y a couple of days ago, I'm currently in Laverre City with 6 badges and my team is:

- Greninja (just did a run through with Chesnaught on Y).
- Ampharos (I've never used it on an in-game team in 6th gen, let alone the mega).
- Venusaur (big fan of it's mega and never used it outside of competitive 'til now).
- Sylveon.
- Pyroar (Female, because I spent almost an hour trying to find a male Litleo and just gave up).
- Hawlucha (because it's the bossss).

After this I will do another run through; possibly with a team of Pokémon I have never used before in a Y run through.

Update on 20th anniversary all region run: currently going through Misty's gym in heartgold. A bit tough since most of my team is weak to water. Still, making steady progress. I should have Kanto cleared by the end of tomorrow night.

Update on 20th anniversary all region run: currently going through Misty's gym in heartgold. A bit tough since most of my team is weak to water. Still, making steady progress. I should have Kanto cleared by the end of tomorrow night.

Nice, that's given me the idea to do the same! xD

Although I've run HGSS into the ground with replays, it's totally worth doing an all region run for the 20th!

I resumed OR last night and managed to get to Dewford, beat Bawly easily using Ralts, then deliver the letter to Steven and moved on to Slateport, I then went on to Mauville(though lost the first time to May) and caught a Gulpin which I plan on using, beat Wally and then Wattson. Both were fairly easy battles. I then went back to Dewford to get Mawile after getting the Mach Bike.

Team:
Mightyena, Kirlia, Marshstomp,Gulpin, Slakoth(gonna be traded to AS when it evolves), Mawile

So I started a new game on Platinum and will probably not play it for a while after this, as I'm catching every Pokémon in each area as I go along ect.

I have 2 badges and my team so far is:
- Grotle Lv 26 (Nickname Naetoru).
- Staravia Lv 26 (Nickname Stylo).
- Gible Lv 26 (Nickname Titan. I'm evolving it at Lv 27 because I want Dragon Claw early).

Since every Pokémon I have so far are attackers, I will probably fill the last 3 slots with 2 sp.attackers and a more bulkier Pokémon later on.

Omg... So I know the post above is also mine but I am currently doing a run through of HG and oh, Lord the luck I have been given!! (explanation further down):

So I had 4 badges and decided to head for Mahogany Town in stead of Olivine for this run through, get Gyarados and add it to my team, then proceed back to Olivine before speaking to Lance at the Lake ect.

My team atm:
Bayleef (Leafy) Lv. 29
Heracross (Boost) Lv. 29
Flaafy (Mokoru) Lv. 28
AND THIS IS WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING... So I'm walking through the grass with a super repel active and BAMN comes the Entei battle... I'm like ok why not try a Fast Ball (the only alternative I had to a great ball and 2 pokéballs)... I caught it.

Entei is now a legit, Fast ball caught member of my team, this has never happened with such ease for me before and I'm overjoyed :D

Edit: So the Entei is Modest nature which is slightly awkward for it considering it's attack is slightly higher than it's sp atk but now Flamethrower gets more power and so does Shadow Ball if I decide to teach it to it.

Wow I havent posted here for a while but Ive made much more progress in OR. Im not at Mossdeep City and just beat Tate and Liza. Ive since abandoned Exp Share because my Pokemon are doing well enough without using it. Tate and Liza was a fairly easy battle using Swampert and Mawile. My Pokemon are slightly underleveled but it doesnt bother me that much. Next up is the Seafloor Cavern. This game has been pretty much a breeze so far and I do like my team. Im anxious to get through the rest of the game so I can resume my Pokedex.

Team:
Skippy(Swampert) Lv 40
Mawile Lv 42
Gallade Lv 41
Swalot Lv 37(need to level it some)
Altaria Lv 39
Stunfisk Lv 42

Ah Platinum, how good it is to play you again. Started my run today, and after numerous edits into the Marriland Pokebuilder, i have assembled a team!

Projected team:

Infernape
Staraptor
Bronzong
Umbreon
Vespiquen
Quagsire

So after doing run-throughs of both Platinum & HG, I have recently been playing through Black 2, and properly this time (when I got it the first time, I rushed through so quick and didn't really enjoy the game, I'm loving it now).

I have 6 badges and am currently in Undella Town, my team is:
Kenzai (Samurott) - Lv 41
Scentia (Leavanny) - Lv 40
Makanai (Darmanitan) - Lv 41
Zoroark (N's) - Lv 41
Celestia (Beheeyem) - Lv 42
& I'm going to catch a Gligar on route 11, evolve it into a Gliscor and call it Glion before my 7th Gym battle.

I've never used Darmanitan until now, literally ever before and I didn't realise how much of a great powerhouse it is for an in-game team.

Hello so the post I made on here..about a year ago I was playing through crystal version although the save file became corrupted..I was going to go through the game with only normal type Pokemon and Cyndaquil but have to replace the battery before I play it again. I have been playing RSE with only Ruby beaten and needing to get past the Elite Four in Sapphire and Emerald. Since the batteries are dry on the games berries will not grow..and I need the Pamtre berry.
In Emerald on route 119..ok I hope this is right..
Pokemon
Jirachi lv 30
Spheal lv 25
Swablu lv 25
Wailmer lv 19
Zigzagoon lv 26
Torchic lv 26
Jirachi is from the Colosseum bonus disc and Spheal was traded from my Ruby version.

I've got plans to play Platinum for the first time soon. Projected team is Torterra, Machamp, Rapidash, Spiritomb, Milotic, and Metagross.

Yesterday, I replaced the battery in my Gold game, which is great because now I don't have to speedrun through the game and see how far I can go in one day. Now I could save my progress when I want. Sure hope the batteries last as long as the original. Anyway, I am now at the Mahogany Rocket Hideout.

In White 2 I'm traveling to Opelucid City to challenge the gym.

In my other games, FireRed, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, HeartGold and White, they've been beaten for a while now. I'm just filling my Pokédex.

I am also working on a wiki that let's people make pages on their own caught Pokémon and adventures.
http://pokemonplayer.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_Player_Wiki

Started a long term Nuzlocke project that should run Leaf Green>Saphire*>Platinum*>HeartGold>Black*>White2*>Y>Omega Ruby>Moon*. Flipped a coin to determine PC Gender(female) and all starters will be determined by Trainer ID. This will be done with fairly standard Nuzlocke rules and will end with the end game of Moon OR if I white out with nothing in my PC Box. Also, the "*" at the end indicates a blindlocke

So, I'm to Pewter City and I've been both lucky and unlucky. Unlucky items include my trainer ID ending with 6 which means I have a Charmander and my catch for Route 22 being a Ratatta. Lucky for me at this point though is that no one died due to poison in Viridian Forrest. So far everyone is at lvl 10 and I'm going to focus on Sir Butters to get him to 15 so I have some Sleep Powder for a troublesome Onix.

Trainer: Arca
Team:
Flamme the Charmander, given in Pallet town, lvl 5
Aerowing the Pidgey, caught on Rt 1, at lvl 2
Sofia the Ratatta, caught on Rt 22, at lvl 3
SirButters the Butterfree, caught as a Caterpie on Rt 2, at lvl 3
Stingbad the Beedrill, caught as a Weedle in the Viridian Forrest, at lvl 3

Wish me luck.

Last edited:
I recently finished a solo-mon run of Alpha Sapphire using only a Houndoom (and occassionally a Sceptile for double battles). I'd share pictures if I could but I'd need to edit them down first.

Victor the Houndoom made it to level 72 before defeating Steven Stone. I still have the Delta Episode to do.

Brock down, first lost on my team!

After grinding SirButters to 15 and on a whim upping Flamme to 16 (causing him to evolve), we all went and took on Brock. I was able to get Aerowing to level up to 11 and SirButters crushed Brock's Poké's easily. After that, we headed out of town and towards Mt. Moon. While battling Youngster Calvin my Pidgey Aerowing suffered a Critical Hit and was killed. RIP Aerowing, my first caught Pokémon lvl 3-12. After clearing the rest of the trainers, we made it to the Mt. Moon Pokémon Center.

I'm currently having an absolute blast playing VC Yellow, personally I started with Ruby and only ever "skimmed" Gen I-II games, meaning, despite getting a hold of them down the road, I never took the time or effort to complete one, I always got bored or forgot mid-game and I decided to change that with VC Yellow, now it just so happens my friend's first game was Red, it since had lost the ability to save, so he got VC Red and we started our journeys side-by-side. We've been battling after every gym or every other gym, so far we've battled after the first gym where he won due to having an overleveled Charmeleon plus a Nidoran vs. my Pikachu and Mankey.

The second and third battles were after the second and third gyms, I won the second one when he locked his Charmeleon into Rage (powers up Attack but doesn't let you ever switch), vs. my Pidgeotto who had sand-attack, I was able to safely sweep the rest of his team since he's one of those people that trains the starter way ahead of everything else. I won the third battle with Double Team Pikachu which was able to take out Charizard and the rest of his team was history.

It's been a blast going through Kanto with him, and jeez Gen I is hard, although maybe it's just me since I have a full team of six and only Pikachu is anywhere near a decent level. Since he's mainly only trained Charizard, my secret weapon vs. him is a Snorlax with Rock Slide. Oh, I should mention that in honor of the original player character, Red, I'm going through the game as Red and copying his team (Lapras over Eevee due to the lack of Espeon), and I have all six of the team now, we're next due to battle after Saffron's gym, then Blaine's gym, and then not again until right after we beat the Pokemon League, we're considering the League like the tournament, and we will be the two finalists battling for the title of champion. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom