• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I grinded up to 50 and made it up to the Pokemon League~ Despite being underlevled, I did manage to beat Hau and the E4, but I knew the Champion would be too much for me. I didn't even bother healing, I wanted to see who it was and what their lead mon would be anyway~ So now I'm set to grind once more!

So I grinded up to 50 and made it up to the Pokemon League~ Despite being underlevled, I did manage to beat Hau and the E4, but I knew the Champion would be too much for me. I didn't even bother healing, I wanted to see who it was and what their lead mon would be anyway~ So now I'm set to grind once more!
I'm sure you'll get it the second time!

I have now completed Mallow's trial, defeated Olivia (she took out half my team :O) and had a fun battle against Lana. It seems my trainer has fallen in love with her, since it said something like "you felt sometihng in your mind about the way Lana looked at you" or whatever. Well Lana is super adorable... #ship. She also said "my house is yours ;). New OTP, clearly. Although Lille is cuter.

Unlike in everything else where I wound up unintentionally the same level (I usually aim to do this and on passed games would check what level to get to but decided to go in blind for each battle in this one), for Lana and Olivia I was one level under :OOOOOOOOOO

Turtonator Level 25
Dartix
Sparkle the shiny Magnemite
Rockruff
Trumbeak
Araquanid

Level 26

Anyway I'm having some lolz on GTS, I put up a Vaporeon orginally and over the course of a day have now traded it in a chain for all the Eevee forms, good times. Saves me the effort, really.

I just noticed I can battle Mallow too? I'll do that next time. What about Kiawe?

Last edited:
I have now completed Mallow's trial, defeated Olivia (she took out half my team :O) and had a fun battle against Lana. It seems my trainer has fallen in love with her, since it said something like "you felt sometihng in your mind about the way Lana looked at you" or whatever. Well Lana is super adorable... #ship. She also said "my house is yours ;). New OTP, clearly. Although Lille is cuter.

Unlike in everything else where I wound up unintentionally the same level (I usually aim to do this and on passed games would check what level to get to but decided to go in blind for each battle in this one), for Lana and Olivia I was one level under :OOOOOOOOOO

Turtonator Level 25
Dartix
Sparkle the shiny Magnemite
Rockruff
Trumbeak
Araquanid

Level 26

Anyway I'm having some lolz on GTS, I put up a Vaporeon orginally and over the course of a day have now traded it in a chain for all the Eevee forms, good times. Saves me the effort, really.

I just noticed I can battle Mallow too? I'll do that next time. What about Kiawe?

Just FYI, the message about how "the way Lana battled sticks in your mind" (or whatever it is) just means that you can now go to the garbage facility near Malie City and talk to the old man to unlock her battle style (the girlish style) for yourself. It changes the way you pose in Wi-Fi battles and the way your throw poke balls in game and on wifi. You'll get the same message when you beat Ilima, Mallow/Kiawe (you can battle Mallow in moon and Kiawe in sun), and the final time you beat Gladion, as you can unlock all of their battle styles for yourself, too. Here's what all the poses look like if you're interested:

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Battle Style

Just FYI, the message about how "the way Lana battled sticks in your mind" (or whatever it is) just means that you can now go to the garbage facility near Malie City and talk to the old man to unlock her battle style (the girlish style) for yourself. It changes the way you pose in Wi-Fi battles and the way your throw poke balls in game and on wifi. You'll get the same message when you beat Ilima, Mallow/Kiawe (you can battle Mallow in moon and Kiawe in sun), and the final time you beat Gladion, as you can unlock all of their battle styles for yourself, too. Here's what all the poses look like if you're interested:

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Battle Style

Ahhhhhh thank you very much. Where is that location? I' still on the second island. And aw I don't get to battle Mallow? shame. WEll, that girly one looks good so I'll get that one... whenever I can get it lol.

and anyway, I'll just stick with Lana and my trainer falling in love and that that's what it meant ;). Although it did just say it about Kiawe... nooooooooo

Ahhhhhh thank you very much. Where is that location? I' still on the second island. And aw I don't get to battle Mallow? shame. WEll, that girly one looks good so I'll get that one... whenever I can get it lol.

and anyway, I'll just stick with Lana and my trainer falling in love and that that's what it meant ;). Although it did just say it about Kiawe... nooooooooo
It's the outskirts of the very first location you visit on island 3

Man, my mind had been blown. There's so much going on right now, its almost to much to handle.

So, first things first, I went to Aether Paradise to save Lillie. Gladion had me yelling at my screen most of the time. I was just like "Will you tell me what the hell is going on already!". I mean, on one hand, I like how he's waiting for us to find out everything on our own, but come on man. The vague ass conversations between him and Faba made me want to rip my hair out.

I nearly lost it when Team Skull and Guzma were at the paradise and Hau said that they were working together. I never expected that in a million years. That battle against Guzma was devastating. I was super under leveled and nearly lost. It was mainly due to Refresh bonuses that I was able to defeat him.

So, Lillie, Gladion and Lusamine really are all related after all. Again, I haven't looked at any spoilers and while it may seem obvious, I kind of thought that that was just too obvious. But you know, I can totally see why Lillie and Gladion left Lusamine. That woman is insane. When Lusamine mentioned preserving Pokemon, I couldn't even guessed that having frozen, possibly dead, Pokemon would be what she were referring to. This woman has to be one of the craziest characters ever. I was also super surprised to see that UB-01 was a creature on its own and not Lillie. I thought for sure that they were hinting at that when it was first revealed. Plus that thing's head looks straight up like Lillie's hat.

The first battle against Lusamine was ridiculous. Yes, I'll admit that I lost. I was under leveled, but I actually came really close to winning. What killed me was her Clefable putting up a Light Screen through Metronome which weakened my Ribombee's attacks against her Bewear. The second battle went much smoother, mainly since Poke Refresh bonuses actually came through, when they didn't in the first battle.

Ok, I almost lost my mind again when Lusamine and Guzma's bodies started fading. I thought they were ghosts or something. Also, what is Wicke's deal? She seems to be the only member of this group who isn't evil/insane. More surprises roll in with Lillie's new do. I like it, she looks cute. Though I honestly, preferred her original outfit. But I like how Lillie is starting to grow as a character now that she has to save her mother and Cosmog. It's nice to see her having an arc of her own to develop.

I arrived at Poni Island where I realized that I am far to under leveled and have put off grinding for too long. The wild Pokemon were at higher levels than me. I turned the EXP. Share back on for the first time in forever and processed to do some mass grinding. During that, I caught a Gumshoos with a Critical Capture.

After I was at what I feel is a decent level range, I followed Lillie and Hapu to Tapu Fini's temple. Then I went with Lillie to Exeggutor Island to get the Sun Flute. After that, I defeated the Team Skull grunts and am now about to take on Hapu, which surprised the hell out of me since I haven't even taken on the 7th trial yet. Hopefully, I'm not too under leveled anymore.

So yeah, the story is AMAZING. I love how things are progressing. I can't wait to see what I'll discover tomorrow.

I cleared all the trials, took on the Elite 4 and became Champion. Nice.
I am planning to collect the Zygarde cores and cells now.
The only thing I disliked is that it seems like they gave up on the fourth island. I know it's supposed to be mysterious and stuff but really? A Captain with no trial or Totem, a trial with no Captain but a Totem and a Kahuna that just battles you without doing anything.

Been training up my pokemon but the exp point gaining is still rubbish even when rematch Elite 4.

Playing the postgame and I had to stop playing after I got owned by Focus Blast three times in a row. THREE TIMES!! How come is it that whenever I use that move, it always misses, but when my opponents use that move, it hits without missing?? Bah!

@Arceus the Dragon I hate the exp point gaining system in this game, too. I was hoping they would never bring that system back from Gen V, but hey, look, it's back this gen. I guess it's good for the in-game adventure and it doesn't make the EXP Share as broken as it was in Gen VI, but still, it just makes things longer and more tedious postgame.

@Arceus the Dragon I hate the exp point gaining system in this game, too. I was hoping they would never bring that system back from Gen V, but hey, look, it's back this gen. I guess it's good for the in-game adventure and it doesn't make the EXP Share as broken as it was in Gen VI, but still, it just makes things longer and more tedious postgame.
I enjoyed the gen 6 version in my opinion. Very helpful to get pokemon to level 100. But in Sun and Moon, it is taking forever for me to get to level 100 with my team. Not really an upgrade in my opinion.

Just finished Po Town and am heading back to Aether House. Can I just say I LOVE Guzma's encounter team. Usually I prefer battle themes to encounter themes but this is definitely an exception.

Team:

Golisopod lv 35
Ribombee lv 36
Decidueye lv 36
Mareanie lv 36
Mudsdale lv 36
Drampa lv 36

The team is working out pretty well right now. I've been feeding Ribombee some Sp. Atk meals from festival plaza to try to make it more of a nippy hard hitter.

Day 7 & Day 8

The seventh day was uneventful, because it consists of me attempting to get a Thick Club for a future Cubone I am going to catch for my team at Wela Volcano Park. As far as I know, Cubone has a 5% of holding a Thick Club, which has the effect of doubling Attack for Cubone and Marowak. This effectively makes them quite powerful, and the main reason for using them. Unfortunately, an hour has passed and no luck were had in getting that Thick Club that I wanted so much. In fact, I somehow chained 15+ Cubone for one item, and it was lost since Persian's Swift KO'd both Cubone (normally it did not). On the bright side, Roggenrola evolved into Boldore. So as to not make Day 7 unproductive, I beaten every trainer at the Volcano and called it a day.

To help make the search for the Club easier, I enlisted the help of Butterfree that I evolved earlier, since it has Compound Eyes and Thief, a synergistic combo for easier item-finding. The next day, I managed to find a Thick Club, but KO'd the Cubone chain that time.

Luckily, the next Cubone encounter was much better, because I chained quite a number of them, until I decided I wanted the one, and it was, as I mentioned, lucky. Why? Because not only is this Cubone an Adamant nature, it's holding a Thick Club! That means I have two of these things already. Reminds me of that time I got a Quick Claw Meowth on my first day of playing. I named it Bonita, for its bones. The battle also signals the evolutions of Drifloon and Gastly. At this point, I think I don't need to use Misdreavus anymore since it has fulfilled its function as a decently powerful Ghost-type. I need to find someone to trade with so that I can get a Gengar and Gigalith for my team.

After the search for the Cubone I wanted, it's time for the Fire Trial, which has a challenge that doesn't seem particularly hard, much to my surprise. I was expecting the differences to be subtler, and the battles to be a bit harder. Although Water/Rock/Ground Pokemon are recommended, and I have the Pokemon necessary with Pelipper, Boldore, Cubone and Mudbray, Drifblim winded up as my MVP, since its Acrobatics made short work out of Totem Pokemon Salazzle, and the best part is, neither the Salazzle and the summoned Salandit attacked (they used status moves)! Mudbray finished off the stray Salandit, ending the surprising easy Trial. That means I got the Charizard Ride, which is the most convenient feature and one I can foresee using a lot.

The next thing to do was to go to Route 8, and then there's a surprise visit from Colress! I wonder if Colress is supposed to be a villainous person, given his association with Team Plasma, but I guess he must be misunderstood. Before I called it quits, I went to check the menu for the Poke Pelago, which is probably a neat feature for making your Pokemon do things in the background while I do my adventuring.

Next time, it's more Route 8 and hopefully beyond.

Team thus far, including Reserves:
1) Dartrix (Olivia): Jolly (F)
2) Pelipper (Pelly): Relaxed (M)
3) Charjabug (Loki): Relaxed (F)
4) Persian (Paul): Timid (M)
5) Drifblim (Billy Bob): Brave (F)
6) Haunter (Gus): Quiet (M)
7) Misdreavus (Benedict): Naive (M)
8) Boldore (Charistan): Naughty (M)
9) Mudbray (Horace): Serious (M)
10) Steenee (Bouncee): Adamant (F)
11) Cubone (Bonita): Adamant (F)

Thanks for reading.

Finished Po Town story after exploring Kala'e Bay (I just know recently how to access it, lol) and battling Mallow and Ilima. Po Town's atmosphere was tense yet funny. Maybe because the music was intense but the grunts were being the usual hilarious team skull. Immediately went back to Aether House after defeating Guzma and Lillie is already gone with Plumeria. I battled Gladion, who is charging in abruptly to Aether House, then went to Malie City's ferry terminal to rescue Lillie along with Gladion and Hau. But before that, the Kahuna of Ula' ula is challenging me to battle him so I've got no choice. I love the first half minutes of Kahuna battle theme, but the rest doesn't feel right for me. :/

My favourite part is Gladion's face when Kahuna Nanu demonstrate how to use the Dark type Z crystal. Lol, he looked so shocked. Right now I'm ready to investigate Aether Foundation and their true intentions

Current team: Sable (Krokodile), Chvette (Decidueye), Primarina, Chleo (Salazzle), Tesla (Charjabug), and Quiao (Crabrawler).

I've been so heavily immersed in both games that I have hardly had a minute to get on here xD

Well, what an experience that was... felt entirely fresh to me, and as a veteran of the series I am impressed. Of course there are some things I take issue with (mostly minor), but all round it's a very very strong game.

I have almost fully completed Sun, my team ended up being (rotational):
- Decidueye (Owlfonso)
- Alolan Muk (Palisade)
- Lycanroc midday (Lionel)
- Golisipod (Malévolence)
- Alolan Ninetales (Kiana)
- Kommo-o (Spyro)
- Oricorio (mostly used Balle & Pom-Pom style)

I recently started Moon and my team so far is:
- Torracat (Tiggy)
- Trumbeak (Pecks)

I have now completed the Elite Four in both Sun and Moon. Moon I chose Litten and Sun I chose Rowlet.

Didn't get much done today unfortunately. Or at least not as much as I would have liked.

So, first of all, I realized today that I couldn't even obtain the Pokemon I wanted as my final team member until beating the game, which was Sensu-style Oricorio. So I had to go around and find someone to trade a purple nectar to me which, thankfully, I was able to do. Then I went back to Ula'ula to catch another Oricorio which I named Helina and then changed her form. I'm super grateful that I was able to get the Pokemon, and so quickly, but at the same time I'm a bit miffed that I couldn't complete my original goal which was to have a team member from each island. I mean, the form is Poni based and I even took her to Poni to use the nectar, so technically she is a Poni Pokemon, but it just doesn't feel right that she wasn't caught there... Oh well:/

Anyway, my next goal was to level up Helina so she'd be on an equal level with everyone else. Thankfully I saved most of the Rare Candies I'd received from my cafe visits and had just enough to get her to lv. 44 like everyone else. I tired to challenge Hapu, but was still was too under leveled, so I proceeded to do more grinding. Finally, I took her on properly and won.

I'm now heading up the Vast Poni Canyon to meet Solgaleo.

Hopefully, I get much more done tomorrow, but at least my team is finally complete now:)

Finally beat the elite four and champion. My team was Primarina, Ribombee, Jolteon, Palossand, Goodra and Bewear. I don't remember the exact levels but I thnk the highest one was Primarina at level 53, so I was a bit underleveled. I used up all my stock of revives and max revives.

Also started the UB missions. Only did the first 2 so far.

Finally beat the elite four and champion. My team was Primarina, Ribombee, Jolteon, Palossand, Goodra and Bewear. I don't remember the exact levels but I thnk the highest one was Primarina at level 53, so I was a bit underleveled. I used up all my stock of revives and max revives.

Also started the UB missions. Only did the first 2 so far.

congrats! and nice! I really enjoyed the UB missions.

Well, I did it! I beat the E4! I didn't even realize I had done it, thought the Champion still had one mon left when I did, but I was so happy I did~ X3

The ending sequence was AMAZING! Everything was so beautiful and seeing all the Trial Captains again made it so much better (even you, lurking Nanu!!). And I would never have thought that would be when I'd fight Tapu Koko~ But I was actually able to catch him pretty easily, thankfully, seeing as I, again, wasn't prepared with Ultra Balls (I still only have one, LOL)~

I was so sad to see Lillie leave for Kanto~ 3: But at the same time, I was so proud of her~ It felt like her journey actually meant something in the long run, even if she wasn't even a trainer. I can't be more proud of my little Lillie going off to do great things!

The montage at the end of the game credits was a nice touch, and Lillie's message at the end was lovely~ :'3

Now I've gone and gotten a letter from Looker and about to start the UB Missions~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom