• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Days 8 - 10

At Route 8, I sometimes head back to the Pokemon Centre at the Royale area there, and it's definitely helpful that Charizard's there to make each trip short. At the end, there's a surprise appearance by Gladion, though no battles from him this time. I once encountered a Wimpod scuttling around, and battling it was kinda tough only because it has Wimp Out, and my Quick Ball didn't work the first time. Was hoping that Wimpod could reappear so that I can battle it again, but no such luck happened for the time being.

What's more important is, of course, the Trial. The Grass Trial with Mallow at the Lush Jungle was not terribly hard, though I kind of wished I could catch that Shiinotic, since I didn't have Shiinotic. As for the Totem Pokemon, having a Pelipper in the party meant that I can cancel the Sun that Castform has set, which didn't seem to have influence the battle since Lurantis didn't go for Solar Blade, oddly enough. Due to overlevelling from searching for a Thick Club, the battle went by no-problemo. The battle was also the time when my Steenee evolves into Tsareena, who learns Stomp much earlier than I thought. That was basically the events of the day.

Day 9 consist of first catching some Pokemon I haven't obtained yet. First on the list is Stufful, which is a Fluffy variant, but it's Modest, so its nature is not optimal. It is through the searching that my Mudbray evolved into Mudsdale. The next one is Oranguru, which has a better nature (Calm), but on my quest to catch a Comfey, I got another Oranguru, which has an even better nature (Modest). After 10s of minutes, I finally found the Comfey I needed. It's odd that Comfey was harder to find compared to Oranguru, but that's the nature of luck.

For Day 10, there are more evolutions, which consist of Dartrix evolving into Decidueye, but more importantly, Cubone evolving into Alolan Marowak. I needed the Marowak to be an Alolan variant, since it has 10 resistances (this one's a Lightning Rod variant), so I used one of my Rare Candies to speed up the process by a bit. Unfortunately, it learns Shadow Bone one level earlier, so a Move Tutor is required to get that Shadow Bone move.

I've also got a makeover for my player avatar, so now he has shorter hair and a pink cap, which is probably overdue since I thought his current look felt a bit old after a while. A battle with Plumeria was held, and surprisingly, she has Golbat like the demo. Based on the battle, it would seem that she will have a Salazzle later, given that her Salandit is a female. Later on, there's the Trial with Olivia, but I am still overlevelled, so the battle was easy. Only the battle with Nosepass took longer than intended, thanks to Persian constantly Taunting Nosepass into using its weak attack (Persian has Fur Coat). The others are subjected to quick finishes. I wonder if the battle is slightly harder in Sun, since Lycanroc-Midnight is not a difficult Pokemon to face.

Anyway, that's basically the events of the 3 days.

Team thus far, including Reserves:
1) Decidueye (Olivia): Jolly (F)
2) Pelipper (Pelly): Relaxed (M)
3) Charjabug (Loki): Relaxed (F)
4) Persian (Paul): Timid (M)
5) Drifblim (Billy Bob): Brave (F)
6) Haunter (Gus): Quiet (M)
7) Misdreavus (Benedict): Naive (M)
8) Boldore (Charistan): Naughty (M)
9) Mudsdale (Horace): Serious (M)
10) Tsareena (Bouncee): Adamant (F)
11) Marowak (Bonita): Adamant (F)

Thanks for reading.

Finished the "main part" of the story yesterday. :) Great game. I am currently exploring post game. :)

My team ended up being
Decidueye - Used him a lot in the first half of the game, but not much in the end. :)
Lycanroc Midday - Loved my little girl. A great pokemon
Salazzle - This one carried so much of the game for me. She is a beast!
Hariyama - Hariyama turned out to be my wildcard. I did not get the Pokemons I wanted before end game, so Hariyama sticked around for the whole playthrough and he was a great back-up pokemon that helped so much.

Else I just evovled two pokemon at the time. :)

Hadn't realized there was so much to do ost game, but I'll put this in spoilers for those of you who don't want to know the post game

I always love the post games, and while this one for Sun and Moon was in my opinion not as good as the Looker Detective Work from XY, and of course the Delta Episode from ORAS, it was still solid. There wasn't much story too it (I always crave story), but what we did get from it was interesting. Anabel having been lost in Ultra Space was pretty neat. Catching all the beasts was pretty cool. I ended up getting rid of the extra ones we had to catch, so now just have one of each (well except the Moon exclusive ones. I wonder traded them, so random people just got really powerful beasts. Looker was okay in this game. Like earlier, he didn't leave me as interested in his story as he did in the XY one, probably because there was the focus on Anabel too. I loved his little one-liners still though. This post game made me much more interested in what's u with Nanu, that's for sure. Finally I used my Master Ball to catch Necrozma. I never use legendaries on the team, or Beasts, so I really didn't have anything igh enough level to get that monster down. I normally use my Master Ball on the Box legendary, it's just become a little habit of mine, but since I didn't this time around, I used it on the highest leveled Pokemon in the game os far. Jeez the end where Looker pays you for helping them out. Jeez 1,000,000 Pokedollars! I'm an 11 year old kid what am I supposed to do with all that money. I mean I'm not complaining. Depending on how long it is till the next games we get, and if we can transfer in, all be needing these momeys for Pokeballs for shiny hunting and other such things. Also clothes.

I found the Lake of the Moone way back when I was first exploring Ula'Ula Island in my copy of Sun. I really was wondering if it would have any sort of significance yet. I did a little research, and learned what I could get there, but I needed to travel through the portal at the Sun Altar first. It's like alternate worlds. I was laying at night, so it became day. Quite interesting. I went to the now Lake of the Sunne, and got my own little Cosmog. From what I hear you can evolve it into another legendary of the version you have, but I don't want to. This one is staying a little Cosmog forever. When I get to that point in my Moon copy I'll probably evolve it up to at least the second stage.

Caught all the Taus, pretty easy. Catch rates must be a lot higher in this game, Tapu Bulu was really easy to catch, and Tapu Lele and Fini were only a bit harder.

And finally I traveled up through the rest of Poni and made it to the battle tree. I was disappointed Red's battle theme was no where near as intense as his one from GSC/HGSS, so I ended up turning off the sound on my 2DS, brought up his battle thme on youtube, and fought him with that. He almost did me in, but I managed to beat him. Haven't gone through the battle tree yet.

Well, I guess I should go play some more of Moon. Have only barely made it to Hau'oli City there.

I really, really wanted to beat the league yesterday, but I got my eyes dilated early in the morning and was pretty much half blind for most of the day and I really wanted to be able to see my victory. So I waited until later in the day, but ended up losing to Kahili's last Pokemon anyway. So I just said, "Screw it, I'll do it tomorrow".

So, before the League, I decided to get a new outfit beforehand, because why not:p All I did was get an orange floral skirt to match by blouse, the red floral knee socks, a black ruffled bag, and a yellow sea star headband. So I'm basically wearing the same thing, but in different colors. But I'm definitely going to get some brand new clothes after I become champion:)

Now, on to the Elite 4.

Hala- He was pretty easy. With a Ribombee and a Sensu Oricorio, I figured it wouldn't be too bad. Add in a Torracat to take out Crabonimable and a Tsareena to take out Poliwrath and the fight was a breeze. Actually, I think Bewear is the only one that ended doing any damage. Everything else got one shot.

After beating Hala so easily, I guess he quickly texted the other league members and was like, "Alright, she's feeling confident now. Put her in her place", because everyone else nearly destroyed me.

Oliva-She was a monster just like in her Kahuna battle. I knew her damn hell hound was going to Continental Crush and 1HKO someone so I just scarified Abysunnyan (Torracat). That thing is so fast and powerful. Thankfully its defense is low so I was able to take it out pretty quickly with Apollo's (Togedemaru) Zing Zap. Also, by the time she sent out her last mon, Carbink, half of my team was gone. I knew nothing accept my Tsareena (Solaris) would be able to survive so I used my Leaf Storm Bloom Doom. It only did half damage. And that was a crit!" I had no idea how bulky Carbink was. I thought it was only physically defense and not special, but boy was I wrong. Thankfully Solaris and Apollo's combined efforts took that thing out.

Acerola-First I just want to say how hilarious this whole thing was. So Kukui tells me that the E4 is going to be made of the Kahunas, so obviously I'm going in there expecting Nanu. Then Acerola says that he had no desire to join the E4 whatsoever and that she had to go in his place. That was so funny. Nanu is the best. Anyway, this was another tough fight since ghosts hit so hard and my team doesn't have much bulk at all. I do want to say how much I love Queenly Majesty. Froslass tried to take out Solaris with Ice Shard when she only had 1HP left, but the queen said, "not happening, peasant". She still ended up losing, but she did get to weaken the Froslass just a bit more.

Kahili- Before I get into the battle, I need to talk about how I was feeling when I first saw this girl yesterday. Cuz who the hell is this? Seriously, once again, I was expecting Hapu, but then I'm standing outside the door and see a wing. Wut? This chick flies out of literally no where saying that she also passed the island challenge and just had to join the E4. I don't mind that since it was a nice surprise that made me change my strategy (while I'm preparing to hide away my electric-type and bring out the grass-type, the game says "nope, switch that around"), but I wish they would have at least explained why Hapu wasn't there. Anyway, the match was pretty decent. Helios (Lycanroc) and Apollo ended up doing the most, as I expected, though even they struggled. I just had to send out my Oricorio against hers and it this was the most I'd ever seen Dancer activate. First I copy her Feather Dance, then she copies my Revelation Dance, then I copy her Teeter Dance, then I was so done with all of that and just used Hurricane:p

Champ (Well technically not the champ since there was no champ then I became the champ, but whatever. Final trainer). -Unfortunately I already knew who it was since I accidentally got spoiled by this last month:( .At first I doubted that it was real, but then once Kukui started talking to me about how he was the one building the league I knew it had to be the case. But honestly, even if I hadn't been spoiled before, I still probably would have assumed it was him after that conversation. Not to mention how he stands there after you beat each E4 with a light path directing to him. It's almost like they wanted you to know:p.

Anyway, on to the battle. Battle starts and I'm like "I know he's gonna have Lycanroc, but surely it won't be first". It was. And Soleana (Ribombee) gets taken out of commission. Well actually she dodged the first Stone Edge and managed to get a bit of damage with Dazzling Gleam, but then she was taken out. Solaris took out the mutt. Helina (Oricorio) did a bit against Snorlax until it killed her with Crunch. Solaris took out this guy too with High Jump Kick. Apollo took out the Braviary. Abysunnyan took out Ninetails. Then he brought out Primenara (or however you spell that ugly monstrosity's name) I totally forgot about that cute little Popplio and how no one else had it. Guess Kukui planned on training it and taking it to the league the entire time. Too bad it's ugly now:(. Well that thing Moonblasted Solaris out of the match. I sent out Apollo and I only had like 3 PP left on Zing Zap. I want to use Charge for the boost but I don't want to get taken down in one shot and have no one else to fight this thing. I use my Zing Zaps and nearly take it out but Kukui heals it every damn time. Then it uses Hydro Vortex with a Torrent boost. Apollo hangs on with 1 HP due to Refresh (And I'm pretty sure this is the only time Refresh activated during this match). All I need is one Gyro Ball to take it out. It uses Aqua Jet...Iron Barbs activates and they both go down. Iron Barbs ftw, literally. If it hadn't been for that, I probably would have lost. Lastly, I decide to finish off the match with Abysunnyan using his Flare Blitz Inferno Overdrive against Magnazone. Helios used Accelerock to prevent sturdy from activating before getting a Flash Cannon to the face. And then my little bell kitty won the match.

I loved the new "Hall of Fame" scene. Seeing my team flying around like lights before landing around me was great. I actually feel special for beating the league and becoming Champion for the first time in awhile since I'm the first ever Champion of Alola.

The Festival was really cute. I loved seeing all the Trail Captains and Kahunas dancing and bouncing around and having fun. It was so cute. Even Nanu showed up:)

I was shocked that Lillie made me go battle Tapu Koko during the festival. I caught it with my LAST Poke Ball. If that ball hadn't worked, I would have had to Master Ball it. I was so happy when it finally worked after all my Luxury, Ultra, Dusk, and Heal Balls failed.

I can't believe Lillie went to Kanto. I was wondering what she was talking about at the festival. I thought she was just going to rebuild the Aether Foundation or something, but she left. I was so sad:(. But Lillie is an amazing character. Probably the best one in years. I love seeing all the progress she's made and I'm proud of her.

Lastly, I loved the ending with all of the pictures. Especially the shot of me with Hau and Lillie, and the shot of Lillie and Nebby as Solgaleo at the end.

Overall I loved this game. I could go on forever about it, but this post is already long enough. The story is amazing, the characters are great, most of the new features are really fun, customization is great despite some major flaws, the difficulty was very much appreciated, and overall I just had an amazing time.

Final Team

Attachments

• Sun saluations team (2).png
    Sun saluations team (2).png
    67 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I save Lille yay! and omg, she nearly gave me a heart attack, she somehow managed to get 400% cuter and now, she is clearly in love with my character and has gone all tsun tsun. Don't worry Lille, my trainer loves you too, why do you think she went to so much length to save you. Anyway, the swerve of Aether working with Skull was a surprise. I expected Aether to be "greater good" "let's kill everyone in this island whether Skull or not to deal with Skull" so to end up all being besties was a :OOOOOOOOOOOOO. I did kinda think that Lusamine was her mum but until 30 seconds before they revealed it when I figured it out, I didn't realise she was related to Gladian XD. Was a hell of a lot of battles in that section vs Aether, Skull, Admins etc. I saved right where Hapu was, didn't think she would wanna fight me but I said no, used the rare candy to evovle Magneton and will fight her next time. I also enjoy that Lille is now joining me everywhere... last forever plz, I require that cuteness everywhere. We are now lovers, although it's not had a confession yet... it's just clearly obvious after that blushing, woo.

Toucannon Lv41
Turtonator Lv41
Decidueye Lv42
Sparkle the shiny Magnezone L42
Lycanrek the Lycanroc L42
Araquanid L41

I am now really really under levelled, I suppose it's set as though I had been using the exp share but I;m not.'

I finally defeated all the challengers that comes to me in the league at least once. Did some ranking up of my Festival thing. Collecting beans so I can upgrade an area.

After losing about 3 times, I finally beat Blue and got acess to the Battle Tree~ Deciding to take on a challenge there for fun, for a while~

I've since caught all the Ultra Beasts, and also caught Tapu Lele~ Need to get the next Tapus and the final mysterious "Ultra Beast" Looker saw~

On that note, I'm amazed they actually incorporated Anabel into the International Police~ o:

With trading over version exclusives from my Sun version to my Moon I now am only missing Magearna and Marshadow for my living dex. 800 out of 802 now.

I just completed Kiawe's fire trial.

First, Alolan Marowak -- I gotta get me one of these.

Second, that Hiker photobomb was made of win.

Third ... Totem Salazzle. WHOA Game Freak, that lizard has "femme fatale" written ALL over her. To be fair, I was fairly prepared going in -- my Mudbray nearly swept the battle with a well-placed Bulldoze, but she couldn't survive another hit so I had to scramble for replacements. (Unlike Totem Wishiwashi, against whom I could at least set up buffs to even the playing field.)

Spent the day traveling through areas I sped through during initial gameplay to get all the items and battle the Trainers there as well as just evolving the Pokemon in my boxes and trading from the GTS for version exclusives or rarer species to fill my Pokedex. Pokemon evolved today include Dragonite, Alolan Muk, Toxapex, Hakomo-o, Primarina, Decidueye, Dugtrio, Golduck, Tentacruel, and Shiinotic. I should finish up the majority of the evolving (aside from stone/trading evolutions) over the next few days. I am really enjoying seeing those percentages of the Pokedex go up and up!

Day 4,5, and 6: Loads of Evolutions, Shopping, and Catching.

Loads of evolutions around this time period between Mallow and the Second Kahuna. Taught Pikachu Volt Tackle and got the special Z-crystal. After going out and train my Pokémon to prepare for the Grand Trial, my Pokémon started evolving in rapid succession:

Trumbeak to Toucannon. (Renamed it Red Pearl)
Makuhita to Hariyama.
Cutiefly to Ribombee.
Cubone to Alola Marowak.

Caught some Pokémon like Gastly and Phantump. Met the Team Skull Admiral Plumeria. Surprised that she appears this late. Additionally, I need to remember that my team gets healed right before a major battle as I discover with Lillie. Defeat Olivia quite nicely. Then off to next Grand Hotel. And Aether Foundation Island. Nice place and apparently they are conserving Corsola in their sanctuary. Nice place though when the Ultra Beast came, why does Alola Marowak get to fight after saying you can't activate Poké Balls?

Afterwards, next island cruise and a battle with Haru. With the completion of the second Grand Trial, I get to test out good old Ash-Greninja. Meet Samson Oak, and went on an extensive detour to collect some Pokémon, make lots of money, buy clothes, and explore new routes.

After battling a trainer at the Garden, my Dartrix finally evolved into Decidueye. Nice.

Current Team:
Artemis (Decidueye, female. Lv. 35)
Red Pearl (Toucannon, female. Lv. 32)
Pihau (Pikachu, male. Lv. 33)
Loneson (Alola Marowak, male. Lv. 30)
Ohana (Ribombee, female. Lv. 27)
Rebeka (Midnight Lycanroc, female. Lv. 26)

Caught Tapu Lele, Tapu Fini, and Tapu Bulu today! Also finished catching all the UB's (except I still need someone to trade me a Celesteela) a couple days ago, as well as
Necrozma, which is so freaking cool, I love it
. Also been doing some evolving and catching and GTS trading. Alola Pokedex is 52% now. :D

Last edited:
Caught all the Tapu's, UB's, Cosmog, and the secret legendary(which is super awesome by the way!). I've also gotten Type:Null.
Time for training! Cue Eye of the Tiger!

Finally finished my first Trial!
Yeey. Now further onto route 3.

Just defeated the elite four and champion....and caught Tapu Koko. Ribombee and Mudsdale did serious work during the champion fight. Kahili was a real pain though, especially her Toucannon.

Team:

Decidueye lv 46
Ribombee lv 48
Mudsdale lv 49
Toxapex lv 46
Drampa lv 49
Golisopod lv 46

I'm not sure if I was underleveled or if they expect you to be around this level at that point. It was probably for the best level wise since it added a bit of difficulty.

I've found Sun/Moon to be more difficult than X/Y overall. Not mind mending difficulty but enough to be satisfying. (and hurrah for the elite four going back to having 5 Pokemon)

Last edited:
Took out Hapu, she was quite over levelled compared to me. During my travels in the cave, I lost to the guy just before the Dragon trial... cuz I went to battle him with a half dead team, whoops. The Fairy part was dumb, what a retarded captain. Should've just had someone - anyone - be the Dragon instead, like that was legitimately the dumbest thing ever. Anyway the Dragon one was pretty easy. After that, oh mai gurd Nebby is legend. Not that I already knew. Anyway there was an even bigger gap with the second - evil Pokemon version - battles against Lusamine. She very nearly took me out, though when she got stuck into Petal Dance right at the end, it allowed my resistance to take advantage and score the win. Then I caught Nebby... in a Luxury ball, cuz I felt it was fitting as they're what Lille had given to me. Symbolic. Will probably get rekd by the league considering the levels, although I was only one level under the Dragon Trial so eh.

Toucannon
Turtonator
Decidueye
Sparkle the shiny Magnezone
Lycanrek the Lycanrok
Araquanid

Levels- 45-46

Today I managed to catch all the Ultra Beasts and Necrozma. The Ultra Beasts, especially UB-04 Blade were very irritating due to Beast Boost and how fast they were. I think the only one I outsped was UB-05 Gluttony. Necrozma was very easy though, due to using my Incineroar. Its Prism Laser had no effect and Incineroar was able to tank probably 4 Wring Outs.

My team has contracted wild Pokerus.

It occured somewhere in the Akala sea just east of the volcano. We STILL can't seem to fish up anything but one Magikarp after another, but by the time we checked back in to a Pokemon center it had spread across the entire team.

I just completed the Po Town task of retrieving the little girl's Yungoos.

I'm much happier with my team in the run through of this game, my team is comprised of:

Alola Marowak (will probably be replaced by Lunala when I get to that point)
Pikachu (will evolve her into Alola Raichu when the time comes
Toucannon
Primarina
Inceneroar
Tsareena (much happier with her versus Lurantis, who I used in Sun)

I also have Kadabra that I may rotate into my team. I plan to eventually trade him to Sun and then back to get him to evolve to Alakazam. Having something that will mega evolve in the postgame will be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom